Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Is that the 500 prowler? They seem like well made machines.
Yep. Got a great deal at my local BPS on an 18 Textron labeled unit. Surprised how quiet smooth and comfortable it is. Seating position is a little more upright than I'd like and dump bed Doesn't tilt high enough are my only two gripes. Kymco 450i was about $200 less at my nearest dealer, but wife likes the AC front end much more. Her new buggy, so I'm good with it. Plus saved a loooong drive--bps much closer.

Build quality is superb. Engine braking is really good. Steering is SUPER light. Feels like power steering unless stopped. I think this bike far surpasses the little Ranger we had a few years back as a trail machine.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep. Got a great deal at my local BPS on an 18 Textron labeled unit. Surprised how quiet smooth and comfortable it is. Seating position is a little more upright than I'd like and dump bed Doesn't tilt high enough are my only two gripes. Kymco 450i was about $200 less at my nearest dealer, but wife likes the AC front end much more. Her new buggy, so I'm good with it. Plus saved a loooong drive--bps much closer.

Build quality is superb. Engine braking is really good. Steering is SUPER light. Feels like power steering unless stopped. I think this bike far surpasses the little Ranger we had a few years back as a trail machine.
I looked at them before. Agree that I like the Textron/AC front better than the Kymco even though it costs more (and the Kymco has a parking brake).
The only things I didn't really like are that it seems low to the ground ( even though specs say it's inline with others in it's class ), and it ran a lot more RPM than I expected when I drove one. They were selling them super cheap at MLS in ky. I think it's a nice little machine.

Reactions: rtn001
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
The only things I didn't really like are that it seems low to the ground ( even though specs say it's inline with others in it's class ), and it ran a lot more RPM than I expected when I drove one.

This one doesn't have a sway bar, I think the Kymco may. I liked that I didn't have to remove it! Lol. Yeah it is the same clearance wise as my P5. 10 inches or so. Neat thing on this, it's has outer top shock mounts at all 4 corners that will add some lift. I'm gonna measure before and after. Hope to see an inch out of that, and add some 27" tires like my P5. Be plenty for us.

I'd say revs-wise it's about the same at my buddy's old Ranger 400, but much quieter. It is Waaay quieter than our Ranger 570 was.

Nothing is as quiet as a P5 in 3rd, ideling down the trail.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Ok, well... Everything not so great. Was using it in the yard a bit, riding our little trail and prowler started sputtering and stalled a few times. :confused: Fuel pump was loud as all get out too. Turns out it has a metal tank and 2-3 years in BPS' lot with half a tank of gas was no bueno....:mad::mad::mad:

7FA2977C C1B5 452D 9E85 499397D377E4
65C271E1 03B7 422C 839E 417EDFDE5F0E

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok, well... Everything not so great. Was using it in the yard a bit, riding our little trail and prowler started sputtering and stalled a few times. :confused: Fuel pump was loud as all get out too. Turns out it has a metal tank and 2-3 years in BPS' lot with half a tank of gas was no bueno....:mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 158326 View attachment 158327
Wow! Think I'd be having a discussion with the selling dealer on that one....

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Wow! Think I'd be having a discussion with the selling dealer on that one....

Def! First call I plan on making in the AM. Whole new fuel system, or take it back. IDK if I want to drop it off, of have them give me the parts. I dont think any damage was done to the sleeve or rings, but i'll take a peak with my scope just to be sure. It does run alright, the pump just struggles to keep up.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Yeah, no issues taking it for a look w/ their service dept. Apt tomorrow. Ill update when I know more. Told them I want a whole new fuel system.

Oh! Got antsy yesterday and moved the prowler's shocks to outer mounting location. Went from 8/8.5" clearance to 11/11.5" (f/r)!!! That is as much as my P5 w/ Polaris Sportsman 500 shocks, and 27" tires!

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
They didnt give me any pushpack @ BPS. Took it right in. Said I wanted a whole new fuel system. Call friday, service manager said "yep, getting a whole new fuel system. parts on the way." Hopefully all turns out ok. Wife is dying to go riding.

Sounds like they stepped right up, good... interested to hear how the ride quality is compared to the P5 keep us posted

Reactions: rtn001 and DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
They didnt give me any pushpack @ BPS. Took it right in. Said I wanted a whole new fuel system. Call friday, service manager said "yep, getting a whole new fuel system. parts on the way." Hopefully all turns out ok. Wife is dying to go riding.
Awesome!

Yellowbeast

Yellowbeast

May 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, no issues taking it for a look w/ their service dept. Apt tomorrow. Ill update when I know more. Told them I want a whole new fuel system.

Oh! Got antsy yesterday and moved the prowler's shocks to outer mounting location. Went from 8/8.5" clearance to 11/11.5" (f/r)!!! That is as much as my P5 w/ Polaris Sportsman 500 shocks, and 27" tires!

Did u have to do any mods to fit sportsman 500 shocks? Also what year shocks did u get and how much better is the ride?

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Prowler is perfect now. Whole new fuel system. Rides better than factory p500 but it is wider so that is to be expected. Surprised at kymco build quality. Closer to Honda good, but some design quirks. Blasted driver with hot air from rad. Spray foam fixed that. Steering is super easy, but also slow—wide ratio. It is rack and pinion. Also limited accessories. If I had it to do over again, would’ve got the wife a Yamaha or canam. But hard to find good cvt small machines imo. At least at a non inflated price. Go p5!!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Prowler is perfect now. Whole new fuel system. Rides better than factory p500 but it is wider so that is to be expected. Surprised at kymco build quality. Closer to Honda good, but some design quirks. Blasted driver with hot air from rad. Spray foam fixed that. Steering is super easy, but also slow—wide ratio. It is rack and pinion. Also limited accessories. If I had it to do over again, would’ve got the wife a Yamaha or canam. But hard to find good cvt small machines imo. At least at a non inflated price. Go p5!!!
What are you looking for? There was a guy/company on the Kymco forums making stuff for them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!