P1000 What’s 2021 deluxe 1500 miles worth

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Market is in your favor for sure. Saw a P5 supposedly sell for 19k last week. If you list it for around MSRP they all seem to be going pretty quick.
Yeah prices are crazy just not sure if I should buy this 2021 with 1500 miles or wait it out for a new one. This is priced at 19k with those accessories. Figuring Brand new with those same accessories I weighs be about 22500

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be inclined to wait for a new one, but that all depends. I bet 1,500 miles could represent a lot of abuse in the mud.
Yeah true I’d imagine I could tell any missing looking under seat and around motor. I’ve called a lot of dealers and am on their list for a new one but I’m 5+deep with most of them. I’m also not in a hurry. Just hate to pass up a deal

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would wait if I was not in a hurry. Unless I knew the owner and how it got those miles it would be hard for me to pull the trigger. Only thing worth the risk is if it was a good bit cheaper then you have cushion for mistakes. Just my 2 cents.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Figuring Brand new with those same accessories I weighs be about 22500
Just got a brand new 2021 1000-5 Deluxe in Phantom Camo (+$800 over Red or White). Those accessories cost me just under $1,200 (got a 15% discount from the dealer where I bought). They charged me MSRP for the P1K5 ($19.099) plus ZERO fees for delivery, prep, assembly, docs, etc.. So had I bought a red one plus those accessories, my OTD would have been $20,600 or thereabouts (including 6% sales tax here).

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got a brand new 2021 1000-5 Deluxe in Phantom Camo (+$800 over Red or White). Those accessories cost me just under $1,200 (got a 15% discount from the dealer where I bought). They charged me MSRP for the P1K5 ($19.099) plus ZERO fees for delivery, prep, assembly, docs, etc.. So had I bought a red one plus those accessories, my OTD would have been $20,600 or thereabouts (including 6% sales tax here).
I found a red one for 19300. OTD tax exempt. I’m unable to find a dealer who isn’t charging atleast freight. Found a brand new white one with all those accessories and they are at 23500 before tax. They have a 1099 freight and 1500 dealer prep fee

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I view it this way

The unit is worth current msrp because it has the accessories. Even with 1500 miles. I doubt it's been abused because it's high miles on a unit that is not even a year old. Most likely was driven on roads to and from locations. So most likely not abused. Pay close attention to detail around the skid and motor area and if it's dirty but not mud caked then I bet it's never been mudded; just driven.

Visually seeing the machine is key. Mileage means nothing until you approach 10k on a pioneer. A machine can have 400 miles on it and 350 of those were used as a submarine.

If you get it less than current MSRP then I think in this economy you made a deal. Knock a few more dollars off so you can change the diff, sub trans, engine oils, and air filter and you have some good insurance that all the previous owners junk is out of the machine.

A good deal in this economy for that machine would be $18k or less from an individual and $19k from a dealer.

It would not surprise me if it came close to $20k as the right person would pay that. If you plan to buy any machine for the next 3 years you can only guarantee its going to get more expensive for every next tomorrow.

Sometimes I think about my own machine's value. Almost $17k OTD and with all my current accessories I bet it might sell at $25k 😂

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I found a red one for 19300. OTD tax exempt. I’m unable to find a dealer who isn’t charging atleast freight. Found a brand new white one with all those accessories and they are at 23500 before tax. They have a 1099 freight and 1500 dealer prep fee
I have now bought from two different dealers that *never* charge freight/destination or dealer prep/assembly, and I doubt I'll ever buy from a dealer that does charge it. Both of these high volume dealers have been in business for decades. Just found the second one while searching for my P1K5. Both just a short drive from home.

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I view it this way

The unit is worth current msrp because it has the accessories. Even with 1500 miles. I doubt it's been abused because it's high miles on a unit that is not even a year old. Most likely was driven on roads to and from locations. So most likely not abused. Pay close attention to detail around the skid and motor area and if it's dirty but not mud caked then I bet it's never been mudded; just driven.

Visually seeing the machine is key. Mileage means nothing until you approach 10k on a pioneer. A machine can have 400 miles on it and 350 of those were used as a submarine.

If you get it less than current MSRP then I think in this economy you made a deal. Knock a few more dollars off so you can change the diff, sub trans, engine oils, and air filter and you have some good insurance that all the previous owners junk is out of the machine.

A good deal in this economy for that machine would be $18k or less from an individual and $19k from a dealer.

It would not surprise me if it came close to $20k as the right person would pay that. If you plan to buy any machine for the next 3 years you can only guarantee its going to get more expensive for every next tomorrow.

Sometimes I think about my own machine's value. Almost $17k OTD and with all my current accessories I bet it might sell at $25k 😂
So in your opinion which is the better “deal” a used for 18.5-19k with 1500 miles or brand new for 21,500. Both machines having the exact same accessories

Reactions: Robobrainiac
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The brand new one is not a gamble, a used one is - the only variable being the odds. So it depends more on what you want and your financial resources. We can only advise you based on our own position. My toy account is nowhere near maxed out, so I'd favor new.

Do you feel lucky?:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The brand new one is not a gamble, a used one is - the only variable being the odds. So it depends more on what you want and your financial resources. We can only advise you based on our own position. My toy account is nowhere near maxed out, so I'd favor new.

Do you feel lucky?:

I GOSTA KNOW?

and before any of you go bat $hit About this post! You have to watch this scene in the movie!!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
For someone considering a used unit less than a year old remember the Honda manufacturer's warranty is still in effect and transfers simply by registering. Negotiating for extending the Honda warranty would protect you.

C

Clew In

Oct 9, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
I have now bought from two different dealers that *never* charge freight/destination or dealer prep/assembly, and I doubt I'll ever buy from a dealer that does charge it. Both of these high volume dealers have been in business for decades. Just found the second one while searching for my P1K5. Both just a short drive from home.
Where are you purchasing them? I have one on reserve and they are charging set up fees and other fees. P1000-5 deluxe phantom camo is 22,500.00 total with tax and that is without any extras. Seems to be a pretty big dealer in Atlanta - Mountain Motorsports.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For someone considering a used unit less than a year old remember the Honda manufacturer's warranty is still in effect and transfers simply by registering. Negotiating for extending the Honda warranty would protect you.
I've never used a Honda warranty, but I've heard they won't cover things like abuse, water intrusion into parts etc. Some of those things may not rear their ugly heads 'till later on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!