Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Where are you purchasing them? I have one on reserve and they are charging set up fees and other fees. P1000-5 deluxe phantom camo is 22,500.00 total with tax and that is without any extras. Seems to be a pretty big dealer in Atlanta - Mountain Motorsports.
I've purchased multiple powersports machines from Honda East Toledo in Maumee, OH. The 2021 P1K5 I just picked up I got from Nelson's Speed Shop near Grand Rapids, MI.

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For someone considering a used unit less than a year old remember the Honda manufacturer's warranty is still in effect and transfers simply by registering. Negotiating for extending the Honda warranty would protect you.
I was told the used one no longer has warranty

S

Scruffyduck 1

Mar 27, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just picked up a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe in camo tax exempt otd cost $16930 with no accessories added a koplin roof and rearview mirror. Had on order since March really like the machine

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So in your opinion which is the better “deal” a used for 18.5-19k with 1500 miles or brand new for 21,500. Both machines having the exact same accessories
If I wanted to make a modified machine then the savings win on the used machine because you can use that money to add other accessories. This also assumes if you have the ability to modify your own machine then you also have the ability to make any repairs making age and mileage not much of a concern.

If I was purchasing to leave the machine as it is and did not want to worry about working on the machine/make repairs then new is the way to go.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I just picked up a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe in camo tax exempt otd cost $16930 with no accessories added a koplin roof and rearview mirror. Had on order since March really like the machine
Nice score. That's nearly $2,200 below MSRP, which is unheard of right now.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sweet!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

S

Scruffyduck 1

Mar 27, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sweet!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

IMG 20211023 092844986 IMG 20211023 092838631

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It makes no difference whether seller is a Honda dealer or an individual.

It's a simple mater to obtain the VIN from the seller and visit a Honda dealer. The dealership can enter the VIN in their computer and know if warranty is valid.

If private seller says no warranty perhaps the warranty was denied due to damages caused by owner abuse or neglect?

O

Onatop77

Apr 29, 2019
Vermilion, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A determined buyer is at a big disadvantage now for at least three reasons.

1. Semiconductors are apparently not available to manufacturers. This is true for our ATV/Utility vehicles, cars, trucks, appliances, everything that uses computer chips.

2. The American Communist Party has been paying the low end work force to stay home so manufacturers and small businesses that make the component parts are shut down or in limited production because they can't hire workers.

3. The American Communist Party is pumping billions of dollars in new money into the economy which is causing massive inflation so when or if computer chips are available once again and a work force can be hired manufacturers will be forced to increase prices by significant amounts - probably 10% or greater. 10% of the price of a $20,000 Honda is $2000.

My advice, if asked, would be if you want one and can find a clean not-abused used unit buy it now. If you overpay the senile fool in the WH will bail you out because inflation is likely to continue until he's gone. For longer than that if the Communists can steal another election. They'll give us Kameldung next.

Even better if you're an illegal immigrant. Biteme is paying illegal immigrants to violate our laws by coming here. perhaps he'll buy you a nice used Honda Pioneer.
Thanks for that honest explanation. Hope the libs are reading. . . .

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered my 2021 PK1-5 Deluxe September of 2020. It finally showed up in July of 2021. I had the plastic roof, windshield, mid mounted rear view mirror, horn and lighted license plate kit put on. The rear view, horn and lighted license is all that is needed in Montana to make it street legal. I paid just shy of 21K when all and done. If you want to do some riding in the next year or two, I'd say the machine you are asking about is reasonably priced. However it does depending on how it was treated by it's prior owner. Did he say why he was selling? Since I got mine, only one other machine has been sold by my dealership and it was a 700. He simply can't get the machines to fill his present orders and has stopped taking orders on new machines. Just my two cents worth.

Reactions: Lady01
brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered my 2021 PK1-5 Deluxe September of 2020. It finally showed up in July of 2021. I had the plastic roof, windshield, mid mounted rear view mirror, horn and lighted license plate kit put on. The rear view, horn and lighted license is all that is needed in Montana to make it street legal. I paid just shy of 21K when all and done. If you want to do some riding in the next year or two, I'd say the machine you are asking about is reasonably priced. However it does depending on how it was treated by it's prior owner. Did he say why he was selling? Since I got mine, only one other machine has been sold by my dealership and it was a 700. He simply can't get the machines to fill his present orders and has stopped taking orders on new machines. Just my two cents worth.
He did not say why he selling but people can come up with any reason why they are selling. I do think it’s priced right, but can’t make my mind up if new is worth the 3k more. Also I asked him for the vin so I could check on warranty and he stopped responding. Two days now so I’m thinking it’s not a good idea now.

Reactions: Scoop and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!