P1000 What’s 2021 deluxe 1500 miles worth

R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably to your advantage the he quit responding. Particularly if he doesn't give up the VIN. Get yourself a new machine, I think you will feel more comfortable and won't have the worries. Good luck.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Everybody has to make their own decisions, and some are limited by funds (not assuming anything here nor attempting to degrade anyone), but I prefer to not inherit someone else's problems. I buy new 98% of the time, no matter what it is. I almost bought a used 2020 P1K5 in Camo with 900 miles on it. I held off, eventually scoring a brand new one for literally $99 more than what they used one would have cost me (after dickering with the seller). Many say the factory warranty isn't worth much, but I beg to differ.

When it comes to "Well, it has this accessory and that farkle on it", so I'm saving $ on not having to buy and install that: Sorry, but I prefer to purchase and install my own accessories. That way, I know it was installed correctly and I get to decide what is and isn't installed on *my* bike. Blame that on my mild OCD and/or I just want "my stuff" to be "MY stuff". If holes need to be drilled or something needs to be cut or modified, (a) I want to do it and (b) I want to know about it. I'd hate to "find" something down the road that I didn't see before buying it.

Look at it this way: If the used one was sitting side by side next to a brand new one, which would you buy? Point being, don't let TIME be a primary determining factor in your decision. You've lived this long without it, what's another month or even a few more months?

If the seller stopped communicating once you started asking questions, I would consider that a blessing. S/He might realize they aren't dealing with some idiot who's going to pay top dollar to buy a used machine (potentially) with someone else's problems.

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everybody has to make their own decisions, and some are limited by funds (not assuming anything here nor attempting to degrade anyone), but I prefer to not inherit someone else's problems. I buy new 98% of the time, no matter what it is. I almost bought a used 2020 P1K5 in Camo with 900 miles on it. I held off, eventually scoring a brand new one for literally $99 more than what they used one would have cost me (after dickering with the seller). Many say the factory warranty isn't worth much, but I beg to differ.

When it comes to "Well, it has this accessory and that farkle on it", so I'm saving $ on not having to buy and install that: Sorry, but I prefer to purchase and install my own accessories. That way, I know it was installed correctly and I get to decide what is and isn't installed on *my* bike. Blame that on my mild OCD and/or I just want "my stuff" to be "MY stuff". If holes need to be drilled or something needs to be cut or modified, (a) I want to do it and (b) I want to know about it. I'd hate to "find" something down the road that I didn't see before buying it.

Look at it this way: If the used one was sitting side by side next to a brand new one, which would you buy? Point being, don't let TIME be a primary determining factor in your decision. You've lived this long without it, what's another month or even a few more months?

If the seller stopped communicating once you started asking questions, I would consider that a blessing. S/He might realize they aren't dealing with some idiot who's going to pay top dollar to buy a used machine (potentially) with someone else's problems.
thank you, I think you are right. I would like to wait untill the '22 come out but I was told Rangers went up 2k on msrp so im guessing honda will go up as well. I found a brand new '21 one just not the color I was looking for. It is 700 over msrp after all fees.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thank you, I think you are right. I would like to wait untill the '22 come out but I was told Rangers went up 2k on msrp so im guessing honda will go up as well. I found a brand new '21 one just not the color I was looking for. It is 700 over msrp after all fees.
I think prices going up will be accurate. Most likely everything will increase significantly over the next 3 years.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I wanted a 1000-5 Deluxe, but was open to any of the three colors. If you have a line on one and it's just a different color, consider it.

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted a 1000-5 Deluxe, but was open to any of the three colors. If you have a line on one and it's just a different color, consider it.
I could get it vinyl wrapped for about 200 from the vinyl creater who isn’t too far from me. Not sure how well it holds up. But for that price I’d be willing to redo. Thoughts on vinyl?

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could get it vinyl wrapped for about 200 from the vinyl creater who isn’t too far from me. Not sure how well it holds up. But for that price I’d be willing to redo. Thoughts on vinyl?
Do it. The colored oem panels get scuffed up just as fast as vinyl can fade. So if you have a color you prefer it's worth the investment to make yourself happy.

My wife and I wanted a white deluxe but didn't want to wait for stock and we found a camo one cheap and local. We picked it up and ever since then I have accented it in orange and now I don't think my wife and I would want white as much as we did.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Embrace the color you get. It's such a trivial thing, as all three Deluxe colors are great. At least it's not poop brown! Oops.

dezs1775

dezs1775

Dec 26, 2015
Orange city Florida
Thinking about putting my 21 SE on the market.

933A478E F08B 4877 B3F1 C8C166D1D0D2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!