P700 What all do I need for switch panel?

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2013
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm new to this whole UTV thing and am looking at adding a few accessories to my 700 Pioneer, but I'm not sure what all I'm going to need. I'm looking at adding a winch, light bar, interior lights, and rear pod lighting.

I was thinking about using this harness, but not sure if it will work with a switch panel or not.

https://www.amazon.com/HONDA-PIONEER-ACCESSORY-HARNESS-08Z02-HL3-A00/dp/B00NO0TFWW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

This is the switch panel that I was thinking about using.

https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Al...ette-Voltmeter/dp/B073S2896N/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Also; not sure if I need to use a fuse block either.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Systems-Blade-Fuse-Blocks/dp/B000K2MBPA?tag=sxsweb24-20

Is this do-able with the these add-on's, or do I need to look at other options to make this happen?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hard to beat Mystic and his panal
Guys easy to work with and will set you up good.
Don't be like me and be stinjy with the switches

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMG 0589

Got mine from Amazon...No problems so far..

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is this harness capable of powering all the accessories that I want?
No, you should run a new larger gauge wire to your fuse panel, and turn it on and off with a relay that is connected to the accessory harness. That way everything is segregated, and easier to switch over to a second battery, when/if you decide to add one. I have a thread going on my lighting additions, just waiting to get a few more parts this week hopefully to finish it up. Once I get it all complete, I'll finish up the post and link you to it.

Warren

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2013
Van Etten, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
No, you should run a new larger gauge wire to your fuse panel, and turn it on and off with a relay that is connected to the accessory harness. That way everything is segregated, and easier to switch over to a second battery, when/if you decide to add one. I have a thread going on my lighting additions, just waiting to get a few more parts this week hopefully to finish it up. Once I get it all complete, I'll finish up the post and link you to it.

Warren
Awesome! I can't wait to check it out.

G

General

Jul 19, 2017
Halifax,NS
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys

I am sorry to ask more on this as lots on topic, but very confused, is or has anyone found a replica to the honda switchplate wiring?, meaning besides the sub harness? I am trying to hook up some strobes for plowing and wonder what is the best method for the wiring, I can run wiring etc, but this switchplate wiring has me a little baffled, it's a new bike and I just don't want to f----k it up.

The mystic plates r nice as well as switch banks on amazon etc, I am looking for any threads of start to finish for these types of panels

Thx for any help

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi guys

I am sorry to ask more on this as lots on topic, but very confused, is or has anyone found a replica to the honda switchplate wiring?, meaning besides the sub harness? I am trying to hook up some strobes for plowing and wonder what is the best method for the wiring, I can run wiring etc, but this switchplate wiring has me a little baffled, it's a new bike and I just don't want to f----k it up.

The mystic plates r nice as well as switch banks on amazon etc, I am looking for any threads of start to finish for these types of panels

Thx for any help

@General: Take a look at the thread I've just posted, I show most of the wiring, and can help you understand the wiring and what you *should* do if you'd like: P700 - Light Bar and Mount

G

General

Jul 19, 2017
Halifax,NS
Ownership

1. 700-4
@General: Take a look at the thread I've just posted, I show most of the wiring, and can help you understand the wiring and what you *should* do if you'd like: P700 - Light Bar and Mount
Thx, so power to switch plate etc, then positive from accessory to specific switch etc, what or why do many use a fuse box vs in line Fuse?, and is that better, this is where I am really stuck

Thx for all help

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thx, so power to switch plate etc, then positive from accessory to specific switch etc, what or why do many use a fuse box vs in line Fuse?, and is that better, this is where I am really stuck

Thx for all help

After you've dealt with getting yourself key switched power to your fuse panel, as long as the load you are switching is smaller than the rated load on the switch, then yes. For instance my switches are rated at 20A, and my front light bar takes about 10A max, so I was fine.

The main reason to do a fuse panel, instead of inline fuses is for ease of maintenance in the future, and for a clean installation. Then it's nice and easy for distribution as well.

For instance I have 80A available coming into my panel, my panel is rated to 100A, or 25A per feeder circuit, and I'm using 3 circuits currently, leaving me 3 more for expansion in the future (Electronic Power Steering, Heater, etc).

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers

Warren

Reactions: Bowhunter
Airresq

Airresq

Oct 1, 2017
Melbourne Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm new to this whole UTV thing and am looking at adding a few accessories to my 700 Pioneer, but I'm not sure what all I'm going to need. I'm looking at adding a winch, light bar, interior lights, and rear pod lighting.

I was thinking about using this harness, but not sure if it will work with a switch panel or not.

https://www.amazon.com/HONDA-PIONEER-ACCESSORY-HARNESS-08Z02-HL3-A00/dp/B00NO0TFWW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

This is the switch panel that I was thinking about using.

https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Al...ette-Voltmeter/dp/B073S2896N/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Also; not sure if I need to use a fuse block either.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Systems-Blade-Fuse-Blocks/dp/B000K2MBPA?tag=sxsweb24-20

Is this do-able with the these add-on's, or do I need to look at other options to make this happen?
Hi all I am new to this as well if I understand this right I can tap into the 12v power supply utilizing that harness to power the panel I ordered the same one in this post. That in turn will power lights accessories etc. utilizing a fuse block. The harnesses inordered with the lights came with fuses and relays.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx all updates to follow on the progress.

Mike

R

Ray

Sep 6, 2015
I bought a bunch of stuff off aliexpress and got my dealer to install it all for me. I was trading up from the pioneer 500 and was paying extra for a full cab kit and a bunch of other stuff so he did it for free.
Used this switch board

It controls the genuine windscreen wiper
Roof mounted light bar
Interior Light
and rear work lights which are mounted on the roof above the tray

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi all I am new to this as well if I understand this right I can tap into the 12v power supply utilizing that harness to power the panel I ordered the same one in this post. That in turn will power lights accessories etc. utilizing a fuse block. The harnesses inordered with the lights came with fuses and relays.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx all updates to follow on the progress.

Mike

Looks like your question may have went unanswered. While I didn't use the harness, the harness is just another way of tapping into the wiring of the vehicle in a way that gives you power only when the key is on (if that's what you are wanting). Once you tap into that, you should use that wire to trigger a relay like I have pictured (that wire going to #86 as the "signal" wire). When that relay gets the signal wire it will close the circuit from 30 to 87 allowing the power to go on from the battery power to what you need, in your case the fuse block. Then you can pull power from the fuse block for your added accessories. The way I read your question, it sounded like you would be pulling power from your harness straight to the fuse block which you don't want to do. Hope that helps some.

Automotive relay guide 12 volt planet 1

Reactions: LDO and Bowhunter
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this harness capable of powering all the accessories that I want?
Thank you both for the posts as I really don’t have a clue about wiring and installation. I wish this forum had some You Tube instructions videos on electrical and accy installs.
Can you advise where I would plug the adapter into(12 “ accy port ) and then what append to the the original connection.
Secondly, do you have a part number and link to where I can buy the relay.
Thirdly, it appears the Amazon harness has four leads.I don’t know what is in the taped bundel but obviously it has to go to a rocker switch. Mine are from OTRATTW., and are single throw, bobble pole with a lights. I would much prefer the relay and fuse block option but need some guidance.
One final point, I am installing a warn VRX 45-S which come with it’s own relay. I was going to mount this adjacent the the air intake box , but I am going to use a fuse block I would most likely install it there. Any pics of current set up would be appreciated

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!