S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really trying to keep weight down...
Hi-Lifts are heavy but work. Scissor jacks?

Any one got a creative solution or just stuck it up and mount a Hi-Lift somewhere.

Thouhts?

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ab6d24c8a10d12ce6394ce27d2c298dd

Rural King farm jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I like the looks of the Hornet Outdoors jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I carry a small bottle jack now for the small size and weight but I'd like to get a scissor jack with the 17mm jack handle lug nut wrench combo. I think it would be a bit lighter and your jack handle makes a nice lug wrench.

Reactions: Paulk
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies. I normally ride with just the wife and I. I have several scissor Jack's and two Hi-lifts. May stick with the scissor style for right now.

Got a design in my head that will utilize the winch , a removable mount, and a sliding stand. Would only work on the front or rear if you have a rear winch in either position.

My offroad rigs tend to get bloated with a ton of gear....but I have never spent a night in the woods because of my own junk either!

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want a scissor style jack that will lift more than your average automotive one. Find one from a travel trailer. They usually have 20-24" of travel.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Agreed on the not carrying a jack. Everyone has winches so we can pull to side if needed. We have also picked up with group of people and placed log or rock under while working on.

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use a recycled bottle style jack from an older S-10 pick-up. I screwed a small 2x4 to the bottom for a little more lift. I also shortened and re-bent the crank handle to fit in my tool box. I like the RV scissor jack idea..

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I think I'm going to quit carrying everything including but not limited to a spare tire,jack,extra clothing,money, food,fuel and drinks. I'll cut down on a ton of weight and save money by just relying on everyone else to take care of me when I'm in the middle of nowhere. Does this work for everybody ? LOL !

J

JTW

I think I'm going to quit carrying everything including but not limited to a spare tire,jack,extra clothing,money, food,fuel and drinks. I'll cut down on a ton of weight and save money by just relying on everyone else to take care of me when I'm in the middle of nowhere. Does this work for everybody ? LOL !
It works for my friends around here that ride with me...

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
It works for my friends around here that ride with me...

Ever ride alone ? You carry a spare tire but no jack ? Really ? are you sure any of your friends have a jack ? or a spare ? Do you bother to carry a spare tire and jack for your tow vehicle and trailer ? or do you just rely on someone else to hopefully take care of you ? I guess I'm just used to being self sufficient brought up in a rural area.

Reactions: Frogtown and Paulk
J

JTW

Ever ride alone ? You carry a spare tire but no jack ? Really ? are you sure any of your friends have a jack ? or a spare ? Do you bother to carry a spare tire and jack for your tow vehicle and trailer ? or do you just rely on someone else to hopefully take care of you ? I guess I'm just used to being self sufficient brought up in a rural area.
Can you read?

advertisement