P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
P500 put to work clearing trails on Volunteer day at local USFS ohv park. Kinda ticked me off on staff comment about my Mudbuster fenders being over the 50 inch limit and a warning I could get a ticket. I understand there are reasons for some restricted trails, but just wish they set it a couple inches below the next vehicle class width. A 1000cc atv can cause more trail damage/ruts with a wild rider.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
P500 put to work clearing trails on Volunteer day at local USFS ohv park. Kinda ticked me off on staff comment about my Mudbuster fenders being over the 50 inch limit and a warning I could get a ticket. I understand there are reasons for some restricted trails, but just wish they set it a couple inches below the next vehicle class width. A 1000cc atv can cause more trail damage/ruts with a wild rider.
Your a lot nicer than I am. If some clown made a comment like that to me l would have told him that it was evident by his comment that they had enough help and didn't need me and I would have packed my toys and gone home. Next I would let his supervisor know what kind of ass he had working for him. I had to put up with crap for 25 years as a LEO and I don't do it anymore. There is always an ass out there who likes to show off their perceived importance and power. Off my soapbox for now. You done good mudder better than I would have. Hope you had and have a great day.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Your a lot nicer than I am. If some clown made a comment like that to me l would have told him that it was evident by his comment that they had enough help and didn't need me and I would have packed my toys and gone home. Next I would let his supervisor know what kind of ass he had working for him. I had to put up with crap for 25 years as a LEO and I don't do it anymore. There is always an ass out there who likes to show off their perceived importance and power. Off my soapbox for now. You done good mudder better than I would have. Hope you had and have a great day.
Agree 100%....

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The bad thing is this was the regional supervisor, she also seemed to dismiss my suggestion to level the road bed at gates as the tilted entry causes the top of the roll cage to rub the high barriers. We suggested the shorter wheel-high barriers for future work. Also dismissed several of our comments on supporting one way trails as many blind hills has resulted in close call head ons with motorcycles...she stating studies found people ride faster on one way hills so no change. I rather have someone come up fast from behind and let them pass vs a head on surprise. All in all I got the impression of a bias for motorcycles and atvs, and not 50 inch SxSs. Government logic. Heck the only USFS sxs there had a flat tire so I aired it up.

Last edited:
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
The bad thing is this was the regional supervisor, she also seemed to dismiss my suggestion to level the road bed at gates as the tilted entry causes the top of the roll cage to rub the high barriers. We suggested the shorter wheel-high barriers for future work. Also dismissed several of our comments on supporting one way trails as many blind hills has resulted in close call head ons with motorcycles...she stating studies found people ride faster on one way hills so no change. I rather have someone come up fast from behind and let them pass vs a head on surprise. All in all I got the impression of a bias for motorcycles and atvs, and not 50 inch SxSs. Government logic. Heck the only USFS sxs there had a flat tire so I aired it up.
Sounds to me like she only wants you to walk on "her" trails.

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
The only thing the Forest Service is good for out here is creating "fee areas" and letting controlled burns get out of control. I had to stop by the local "ranger" station once as tell them they were flying the flag upside down.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, just gut the great news that my P500 has just gotten the Torqlucker installed and my brother says it great except that it's a handful when in 4wd so he will take it back to the shop and have the power stirring instaled. I'm still in Saudi Arabia and will not be home till sometime in March so I'll be coming home to a far more capable P500 then when I came to work back in July.:);):cool::D And can't wait to get home and drive it:D:p:)

Last edited:
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
She still has a boss. Light her backside up.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ok, just gut the great news that my P500 has just gotten the Torqlucker installed and my brother says it great except that it's a handful when in 4wd so he will take it back to the shop and have the power stirring instaled. I'm still in Saudi Arabia and will not be home till sometime in March so I'll be coming home to a far more capable P500 then when I came to work back in July.:);):cool::D And can't wait to get home and drive it:D:p:)
Locker plus power steering will make it feel and perform like a different machine. A wise choice on mods. Be safe over there.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Locker plus power steering will make it feel and perform like a different machine. A wise choice on mods. Be safe over there.
Thanks safety is first out here and yes my little P500 was a beast with that open diff and now with that front Locker it is an awesome machine. I'm hopping I'll be home in time for the takeover. I'll just have to see where I'll set up camp when I get there. I'm not hable to make reservations yet but I'll be happy in my tent if I can make it there at all.:rolleyes::D:cool::);)

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
My brother and I whent to RRB 2 years ago with my son and one of he's body's. We roude for 3 days and we whent through most of the black trails before my son almost put hemself in the hospital when he rolled he's Forman 500 doun one of them black trails but he still managed to ride he's bicker into camp. I for one did not find them trails that bad. And now with the torckloker it will be that much better.:);)

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talon
I was browsing copart salvage auction website and found 3-4 talons with rollover damage , they sell them half price for about 9 k , I did not see any in my state, one in IA, Kansas, Oregon. This from CO

Not bad in shape and very low miles. Looks like good DIY repair project.

Thought someone might be interested and not pay full price, but it always good to examine yourself prior bidding.

I got introduced to copart recently with all this boom of EV cars going to East Europe for sale and mid size SUVs since the labor is a small fraction of what we pay here and my friends bought few cars from it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Sometimes I look at the P5 and think, God this thing's dinky! Compared to other sxs's, it falls short in nearly every dept.You don't realize until it's next to other machines just how small it is. Here's a pic with P1's and a P7.

Takeover Group

Then I looked at it the other day in a different state of mind. Comparing it to a quad, (which the big dogs love to do lol), we fit where they can yet we have roofs, two seats, stereos, cup holders, spare tires, tons of gear and dry storage...

So next time you look at yours and all the crap that's on it, just think...

Today
Today 2

that's a BA quad! :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!