P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Sometimes I look at the P5 and think, God this thing's dinky! Compared to other sxs's, it falls short in nearly every dept.You don't realize until it's next to other machines just how small it is. Here's a pic with P1's and a P7.

View attachment 169675

Then I looked at it the other day in a different state of mind. Comparing it to a quad, (which the big dogs love to do lol), we fit where they can yet we have roofs, two seats, stereos, cup holders, spare tires, tons of gear and dry storage...

So next time you look at yours and all the crap that's on it, just think...

View attachment 169690 View attachment 169691

that's a BA quad! :D
Well said.Every time i drive my P-5,I think to myself " I sure do like this thing".i don't get that from much else,well, maybe one pistol and my wife..

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Good look'in rig!
Thank you sir! I’ve been told it’s a chip of the old block:cool:
Yours is no slouch either!;) 88E8C74E E1C2 4182 AAD1 B2EC978241D1 9915F711 037E 4CFC 90CA 76A654FC6AAF

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Sometimes I look at the P5 and think, God this thing's dinky! Compared to other sxs's, it falls short in nearly every dept.You don't realize until it's next to other machines just how small it is. Here's a pic with P1's and a P7.

View attachment 169675

Then I looked at it the other day in a different state of mind. Comparing it to a quad, (which the big dogs love to do lol), we fit where they can yet we have roofs, two seats, stereos, cup holders, spare tires, tons of gear and dry storage...

When others comment on how small mine is, I just tell them that mine costs less and goes the same places as theirs do.

D

Duckhunt

View attachment 169675

That's so true. That is the beginning of my P500 story, I bought it simply so my wife didn't have to ride "b****" on the Big Bear. THEN I FOUND THIS FORUM AHHHH!!!! And I don't care it won't do 50 (48 w/ @906UP gears!) but I have so much fun in it and after every single ride, atv trail we go down, or ice fishing outing with the wife I hear "Man that was so fun, thanks for taking me!"

P.S. My (early) New Years Resolution is to get back in the saddle and post more now that we're moved and settled. This seemed like the perfect place to start. Thanks @trigger !

P.S.S. With the What Did You Do Today part? Today I ordered Camso tracks. That whole ice fishing thing. And everything else I guess in snow.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That's so true. That is the beginning of my P500 story, I bought it simply so my wife didn't have to ride "b****" on the Big Bear. THEN I FOUND THIS FORUM AHHHH!!!! And I don't care it won't do 50 (48 w/ @906UP gears!) but I have so much fun in it and after every single ride, atv trail we go down, or ice fishing outing with the wife I hear "Man that was so fun, thanks for taking me!"

P.S. My (early) New Years Resolution is to get back in the saddle and post more now that we're moved and settled. This seemed like the perfect place to start. Thanks @trigger !

P.S.S. With the What Did You Do Today part? Today I ordered Camso tracks. That whole ice fishing thing. And everything else I guess in snow.
Let us know how the tracks work with the gearing :)

Klegrand37

Klegrand37

Nov 20, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
617DA4F0 6C0D 4910 B1DE 36BBCC4F4156
96EA641D 5E69 49CC 9049 86183E98CB47
B004C6D6 B282 4193 8AB7 E6DAFA691CDA
My p5 is used primarily for work around the property. It has never been registered (maybe someday), it is definitely a work horse though. I have focused mostly on being able to use this for plowing, which was the initial reason of purchase and it does a fantastic job! Everything I have put into it is geared towards reducing wind, gaining traction and keeping snow off of me when I plow at 3a the morning before we get 10in of snow and I and my wife have to be at work before sunup.
Today I added a rear windshield made by Kolpin. It was kind of a PIA to install, they could have supplied slightly longer bolts, however the product seems to be quality. The other downside is I will have to modify the bottom guard piece to be able to access the air filter for replacement.
The part took about 1 hr to install. It may have taken a little less time but I had to stop and take a picture of a creature trying to kill my chickens, picture above...
I’m In the process of fabricating some doors, but they are a long way from completion.

advertisement
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
View attachment 170371 View attachment 170370 View attachment 170369 My p5 is used primarily for work around the property. It has never been registered (maybe someday), it is definitely a work horse though. I have focused mostly on being able to use this for plowing, which was the initial reason of purchase and it does a fantastic job! Everything I have put into it is geared towards reducing wind, gaining traction and keeping snow off of me when I plow at 3a the morning before we get 10in of snow and I and my wife have to be at work before sunup.
Today I added a rear windshield made by Kolpin. It was kind of a PIA to install, they could have supplied slightly longer bolts, however the product seems to be quality. The other downside is I will have to modify the bottom guard piece to be able to access the air filter for replacement.
The part took about 1 hr to install. It may have taken a little less time but I had to stop and take a picture of a creature trying to kill my chickens, picture above...
I’m In the process of fabricating some doors, but they are a long way from completion.
Looks nice and something you might consider and reasonably cheap (homemade of course) is some plexiglass door options to block the wind. Also, nice picture of the Bobcat...

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 170371 View attachment 170370 View attachment 170369 My p5 is used primarily for work around the property. It has never been registered (maybe someday), it is definitely a work horse though. I have focused mostly on being able to use this for plowing, which was the initial reason of purchase and it does a fantastic job! Everything I have put into it is geared towards reducing wind, gaining traction and keeping snow off of me when I plow at 3a the morning before we get 10in of snow and I and my wife have to be at work before sunup.
Its so Clean! And nice cat would make a good cap.

Klegrand37

Klegrand37

Nov 20, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
Looks nice and something you might consider and reasonably cheap (homemade of course) is some plexiglass door options to block the wind. Also, nice picture of the Bobcat...

this is what I have envisioned, lightweight aluminum frame with plexiglass skin. The problem is the p5 has these stupid suicide doors so you have to either remove and reinvent the wheel or utilize them and their hinge. Drawing inspiration from the Honda OEM doors they pivot 1/3 from the back to allow easy access of the rider. I am by no means trying to seal the cab airtight, it would get very small inside quick.

Klegrand37

Klegrand37

Nov 20, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
Its so Clean! And nice cat would make a good cap.

It does get muddy, but here in NH we had over 2 ft of snow on December 2nd and on December 9th it was 45F so everything melted off the buggy leaving her looking like new.
A warm cap would be nice, Ive never seen a Bobcat in the wild, let alone back yard so I figured I’d let it go by. My chickens were never in danger, though they may have thought differently.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
this is what I have envisioned, lightweight aluminum frame with plexiglass skin. The problem is the p5 has these stupid suicide doors so you have to either remove and reinvent the wheel or utilize them and their hinge. Drawing inspiration from the Honda OEM doors they pivot 1/3 from the back to allow easy access of the rider. I am by no means trying to seal the cab airtight, it would get very small inside quick.
I was kind of thinking something this simple, but personally wouldn't consider it "redneck" but more innovative....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!