P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

shawnromines

shawnromines

Jun 12, 2020
Cibolo, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Down here and stuck in a Texas HOA so got an off highway tag and wife and kids and I cruise through the neighborhood. Not alot of trails down here. Anyone else from San Antonio area know of any trails that we can enjoy?

czrider

czrider

Aug 23, 2020
Maryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Ok so for $45 I bought this 7 inch double din player with touch screen and blue tooth. I just ordered the wire kit for the back up camera. The mount I'm using is from a old GPS monitor. So far it works just fine.
20200916 123457

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I unhooked the rear sway bar to see how it performed without it and I plan on leaving it unhooked after I rode without it this evening.. to me it performs better without it less bounce in the rear makes for a smoother ride

BURNDOG

BURNDOG

Sep 4, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
While I didn’t physically do anything to or with the p500 today, I did change the oil and diff fluid in my ES recon.
I used the blue Lucas in 10/40.
Never used it before.
I always thought the little beast had a chunky tranny, kinda like the p500.
So once done I took a couple hot laps around the property......
Smoothed out that tranny just a tad....
So back to the p500 :
I guess what I did do with the p500 today, in a moment of clarity and excitement from the hot laps was make a conscious vow to the p500 to always feed him blue Lucas.

Cant wait for the first oil change to see how much of a difference it makes in the tranny.Maybe take out that subtle “lurch” when I go from neutral to D.
Be kinda silly to change it now with only 40 miles on it 🤓I’ll hold off till I get 100 on the clock.

shawnromines

shawnromines

Jun 12, 2020
Cibolo, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Took the Mini BEAST for about a 50 mile ride today. Tried hard to get her stuck but the Ripsaws tore through everything, lol.

I was surprised how warm it was with the full windshield. I had been thinking about the soft doors but I think I can wait a while on them.
View attachment 171786 View attachment 171787 View attachment 171788 View attachment 171789 View attachment 171790
But the P5 performed flawlessly! Running snowmobile trails at about 30 mph and climbing steep hills. Had a blast!:D Oh and maybe a donut or two;)

I was kind of regretting Jason’s muffler mod while running wide open today. Would really prefer it quiet! Oh well... I guess I have a project in the future.
That looks Great!!

shawnromines

shawnromines

Jun 12, 2020
Cibolo, Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Homage to the mighty P5

Oh P500, you are always ready for action.
Your price and size are your greatest attraction.
But the slightest bump puts my back into traction.

I didn't buy you for speed.
You top out at forty-three.
That exceeds my usual need.

You can practically climb a tree.
But breaking backs is your creed.
And oh how I miss my kidney.

When I step hard on the gas
You really bounce my fat ass
While the other SxS's all pass

Despite all that I smile
Because you go on for miles
Even if my chiropracter is on speed dial
Hahahaha.

Reactions: terbo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!