P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
D79E6F50 5BC5 4109 92CA 3FFCA77BFA12

Installed new air intake and I didn’t extend the vent lines cause I don’t plan on sinking it.. it’s 2 beer and a sip project

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 225185
Installed new air intake and I didn’t extend the vent lines cause I don’t plan on sinking it.. it’s 2 beer and a sip project

Kinda scary as the fuel tank vent sits lower than the air intake did. Why risk it? A few bucks in hose and a couple more beers, just vent everything and you'll be good to go. Cheap insurance.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Kinda scary as the fuel tank vent sits lower than the air intake did. Why risk it? A few bucks in hose and a couple more beers, just vent everything and you'll be good to go. Cheap insurance.
Where do you vent the gas line to?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
4E8BB554 7CF9 4045 BFF0 8E963A028A32

Another pic of the gas vent line

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Went to Wildcat Offroad Park with my wife over the weekend. It was our first time with the P5 at an official park. The trails were pretty rough, but we didn't avoid any trail because of the difficulty. The Pioneer ate it all up. Only tough portion was getting up to the Jurassic Trail, we almost flipped it. Pics are from the Wildcat Dome and the spot we chose for lunch.

IMG 4944 IMG 4940

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Went to Wildcat Offroad Park with my wife over the weekend. It was our first time with the P5 at an official park. The trails were pretty rough, but we didn't avoid any trail because of the difficulty. The Pioneer ate it all up. Only tough portion was getting up to the Jurassic Trail, we almost flipped it. Pics are from the Wildcat Dome and the spot we chose for lunch.

View attachment 225530 View attachment 225531

Keep meaning to get there. Live in Lexington but keep buggy in Corbin. Wildcat is prolly 45 mins from my Corbin place. Thanks for the report. Any tips/advice/other thoughts?

Reactions: Mudwing
Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Keep meaning to get there. Live in Lexington but keep buggy in Corbin. Wildcat is prolly 45 mins from my Corbin place. Thanks for the report. Any tips/advice/other thoughts?

Wildcat is def worth the trip. We will likely go again. The P5 is pretty capable if you set it up right, but going with a stock machine would limit some of what you would want to attempt. We are 57 inches wide and wouldn't even try most of those trails at 50 inches. Skid plates were our best friend as most of the trails have large rocks and ruts to navigate. Sliding down rocks and ledges was necessary to see everything. Would recommend to anyone that hasn't been for sure, especially being so close. We drove from the Cincinnati area.

Reactions: Mudder and futzin
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ran mine up the rops and brought them out just below the roof line in the back.
Hey @trigger and @Jelewis80 , I may be overthinking it but would it be best to terminate the vent line at the middle of the roof ROPS? The center would be more likely to be above water, versus a run up a side (incase you flop on that side).

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Wildcat is def worth the trip. We will likely go again. The P5 is pretty capable if you set it up right, but going with a stock machine would limit some of what you would want to attempt. We are 57 inches wide and wouldn't even try most of those trails at 50 inches. Skid plates were our best friend as most of the trails have large rocks and ruts to navigate. Sliding down rocks and ledges was necessary to see everything. Would recommend to anyone that hasn't been for sure, especially being so close. We drove from the Cincinnati area.

I'm on 27s and about 53.5" wide. Power steering and front locker. Still with stock skids though. Perhaps I should put off the trip until I've upgraded.

Reactions: Wisdumb
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Hey @trigger and @Jelewis80 , I may be overthinking it but would it be best to terminate the vent line at the middle of the roof ROPS? The center would be more likely to be above water, versus a run up a side (incase you flop on that side).
That’s a good point!! U got me 🤔 now..

• Haha
Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!