P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Well. Had a hiccup on the way to the trail head. Just repacked the bearings and didn't notice the axel was compromised. Just about lost the machine. Major pucker factor set in immediately. Sparks, airborne tire then dirt flying lol. Must have looked awesome. Definitely recommend checking the structural integrity of your trailer axel(s) regularly. I know I'm going to now. Still got out and rode though.

20210903 160253 20210903 160259 20210903 161151 20210903 161752 20210903 160321 20210903 180327

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
There’s some pretty good led fog light bulbs that swap out directly for the stock ‘joke’ bulbs. Look way better and are at least a little bit of an upgrade from factory as far as functionality goes (JDM AStar 881)
Under $30 on Amazon
Scroll up to my sideways pic on this page to see them in daylight action

Thanks. I put in a pair (I forget the brand) a couple years ago after reading about upgraded led’s on this web site. Whiter but still little light.

Glad they work for you, it’s lit like a hospital operating table in front of my P5 now.

I think it’s the reflector’s design. If the light source is not at the correct point, it does not project light as well.

…… carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I was able to take my P520 to my property about 3 hours away and give it a good test on the logging roads and trails. Some of the trails were too small for anything larger than a P520. I was very impressed with how it handled the terrain. We were checking tree stands all over the property. I was able to follow my friend, who was using an ATV, with no problem. Just put that thing in 2nd gear and it will move along just about anywhere. I was worried it would feel tippy or too big compared to my old Rancher. That wasn't the case at all.

I can't wait until I get my Elka shocks. It's nice now; but I expect it will go to another level after they are installed.

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So my Elka shocks arrived a few days ago.
installed the next day and had a chance to ride a few times since then. All I can say is WOW. What a difference. All the roots and stones I don’t even feel anymore. Only the big whoops are still noticeable, but considering the wheelbase and length of control arms I cannot ask for miracles. If you can afford them then buy them.
looking forward to enjoying this little machine for years to come.
Cheers from eastern Ontario, Canada.

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
So my Elka shocks arrived a few days ago.
installed the next day and had a chance to ride a few times since then. All I can say is WOW. What a difference. All the roots and stones I don’t even feel anymore. Only the big whoops are still noticeable, but considering the wheelbase and length of control arms I cannot ask for miracles. If you can afford them then buy them.
looking forward to enjoying this little machine for years to come.
Cheers from eastern Ontario, Canada.
Which Elka's did you get?

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Installed Kolpin side view mirrors and a rear view mirror (came in a set from Fleet Farm 60$.) Getting down to crunch time with my labor day ride coming. I wanted the Seizmik set but the wallet said no. Hoping these will last through plowing season. These Kolpins don't seem that bad. I'll put them to the test in a week.

View attachment 292206
I put mine on upside down, so the large part of the mirror is on the top and the small one looks down on my back tires.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry, no pictures (yet) but just finished prepping the P500 for Moab! Installed the RB3 1-1/2" wheel spacers on all four corners, mounted a Chinese aluminum tool box to the rear rack and filled it with recovery gear. Then what took the most time was removing the factory lap/shoulder belts and re-installing the 4-point harnesses that came with the machine when I bought it. Oh and finally replacing the faulty winch control switch that came with my KFI winch with a new KFI dash rocker switch.

Leave for Moab this Friday. So I'll have a bunch of pictures to share when I get back.
IMG 1173

Update: not the greatest picture, but the new tool box, 1-1/2" wheel spacers are on there. As well as got tired of the anti-sway bar banging on the control arms in the rocks, so removed it completely.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!