P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
My better 1/2 wanted to ride so we took it to Axolotl Lakes in the Greenhorn Mts.

The 26s sure helped on the rocks in the trail.

310a6f1395aee61fee1ca351f67a2048

25cc32be324318ee27bce44029d1764f

Then gave it a good washing. Still dirty :)

Dbf71bacde3d74b2f9a9b82232544e40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivybuck

ivybuck

May 12, 2021
wisconsin/up
Ownership

1. 500
Li'l Blue, the affectionate name bestowed on our 520 by my wife, has been working alot more than playing lately. Not exactly the plan, but thats ok.
We got visited by the tail end of a little tornado last week that dumped a lot of tree parts on the side of our kettle, a term for a big pothole left by glaciers. It was a real pain to chainsaw on the steep kettle walls until one handhold broke spinning me forward in a summersault into the brush. Enough of that business.
Li'l Blue was kind enough to latch a tow strap onto the big ones and yank them to flat ground where they were safe to work on.
Never planned on that use when I bought her, but am pleased to say that seems to be a pattern lately.
20210816 180342
20210816 181544

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I use mine of work around the property all of the time. That was the biggest reason I could get one:

20210613 170212833 iOS
20210613 170226543 iOS

The hill on the back of my property is super steep and I only cut the grass about twice a year. The neighbors goats love it. So my wife will take it down to them after I get her on level pavement.

Rob

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Li'l Blue, the affectionate name bestowed on our 520 by my wife, has been working alot more than playing lately. Not exactly the plan, but thats ok.
We got visited by the tail end of a little tornado last week that dumped a lot of tree parts on the side of our kettle, a term for a big pothole left by glaciers. It was a real pain to chainsaw on the steep kettle walls until one handhold broke spinning me forward in a summersault into the brush. Enough of that business.
Li'l Blue was kind enough to latch a tow strap onto the big ones and yank them to flat ground where they were safe to work on.
Never planned on that use when I bought her, but am pleased to say that seems to be a pattern lately.
View attachment 289877View attachment 289878
Looks like a lota work?

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 289877View attachment 289878
We had the tail end of a small tornado hit our house several years back. Our property looked about the same as in your photos. The top of one large poplar landed on our roof. When it was all cleaned up, we had a lot of firewood. One thing I noticed is that the poplars tended to snap off half way up. The oaks tended to uproot and/or twist but not snap off. Maples broke off big limbs.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Over the weekend, went for a ride with my Critter, KyGal and her buggy, and my Rabbit (Foreman 500). Did nearly 30 miles encountering a little of everything. We never remember to take pics when there's a wheel in the air or when the chainsaw comes out!

Thanks to KyGal for the pics. We had a great ride that day, for sure.

IMG 7402
IMG 7411

ivybuck

ivybuck

May 12, 2021
wisconsin/up
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like a lota work
Looks like a lota work?
Yes, can't argue that, but fortunately all of it is doable stuff along with having three sons which makes it a lot faster.
What has worked well is the utv thing. Never had one till recently. I always have cut and maintained trees myself, but I just used a new tree saver, d rings, tow straps, etc and of course, li'l blue, to pull cuts, move, and drag stuff around in a much easier, safer manner than before, not to mention not having to walk out of that kettle innumerable times. Useful little machine.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
So far this month I have upgraded from stock tires to 26" Bighorn 2.0 and have added 1" wheel spacers on all 4 hubs from RB3 Off Road. I have done the reverse lever delete mod and changed the front and rear differentials from the stock 80 90 to Royal Purple 75 140. Next on the list is changing engine oil out and switching to a synthetic oil, considering AMS but not sure yet any suggestions are appreciated and I'm going to remove the rear sway bar. I'm kind of nervous about removing the sway bar because I can't shake the thought of "Honda put it there for a reason" even after reading all of the posts and knowing what a sway bar's purpose is and that it can be removed and re-installed with no problems LOL my dumb brain is just stubborn. Such simple tasks totally improve this little machine. Very inexpensive to do with the exception of the tires and spacers which were worth every penny. After two years and change and almost 2300 miles I am more than impressed with this buggy and very satisfied with my purchase.

advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Never seen a brown one. Anymore pictures? Can ya still buy brown? Does the 520 come in brown?
Love my Moose Brown! Check under images in my profile and you will see more photos of it.

It was an option for the the 500 only and I believe you can get the replacement plastics directly from Honda, however… Sadly… it is not an option on initial ordering now.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Was reading in another thread about giving your new machine a good look over when you get it from the dealer. One of the first things I did when I got mine home was to go through and wash the paint off all the bolts. Didn't really think about it at the time but I checked a lot of bolts that way.
I know some guys couldn't care less but I'm a little OCD and it got me wondering, how many other guys did this? 🤔

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Morpheus, just remember that Yamaha engineers installed a swaybar on the Rhino and lawyers removed it. Trust yourself instead and remove it for a while to see how it feels. You can always put it back on. Don't know if anyone has. It's another 'free' mod.......

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Morpheus, just remember that Yamaha engineers installed a swaybar on the Rhino and lawyers removed it. Trust yourself instead and remove it for a while to see how it feels. You can always put it back on. Don't know if anyone has. It's another 'free' mod.......
I never put mine back on. Left it zip tied out of the way for that eventuality, but 5 years later it’s still there zip tied….🙄 I suppose it’s time to wrestle it out of there…..😂

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!