P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Rode it yesterday into the national forest and found some big elk tracks in the mud. Retired in Montana so it’s less than 10 miles from our home.

Confirms my suspicion that there are elk ‘summering’ in that area and gives me a starting point for early archery season. The darn wolves keep tge bulls pretty quiet.

The P5 will get me everywhere I need to go, the rest is ‘me’ any my wanting him in the freezer more than he wants to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every time I hear Elk and P500 in the same sentence I see this:

JOB1815 Brandler Galleries 107

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Rode it yesterday into the national forest and found some big elk tracks in the mud. Retired in Montana so it’s less than 10 miles from our home.

Confirms my suspicion that there are elk ‘summering’ in that area and gives me a starting point for early archery season. The darn wolves keep tge bulls pretty quiet.

The P5 will get me everywhere I need to go, the rest is ‘me’ any my wanting him in the freezer more than he wants to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've found my boots got me into more elk than a SxS or ATV...

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
and a pic of her buggy:

20210728 191353

The green and Moose Brown both look great in the woods, but the brown looks better with mud on it! (The mud portion of the ride was after these pics were taken; I think she took a couple snaps of them when we got back to camp.)

These buggies are absolutely in their element in the woods, IMO. But the Stihl is virtually a necessity to have along! I don't like to bust through the woods if I can help it. Tread Lightly.

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Nice. What year is that foreman? I sold a 2008 green one like that and bought a 2015 camo 500 with winch, snow blade, windshield, top, rear shield and 2 LED light bars a few weeks back.
The Foreman is a 2006. Absolutely love it. A very quiet machine. The other is 2003 Rincon 650 I just bought from a friend. May not keep all the aftermarket stuff that's on it now. It's a looker though. Couldn't pass it up. Had four neighbors already try to buy it (or the Foreman, for that matter).

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
The Foreman is a 2006. Absolutely love it. A very quiet machine. The other is 2003 Rincon 650 I just bought from a friend. May not keep all the aftermarket stuff that's on it now. It's a looker though. Couldn't pass it up. Had four neighbors already try to buy it (or the Foreman, for that matter).

Copy. My foreman was awesome, it had power steering and was great. Sold it for $4200, bought it new from a guy who won it in a raffle for 5K. Thought my sale of 42 was a fair price for both sides since I had it for 12 years, but now question if I didn't get enough. I sold it to buy a new 520, then found I couldn't find one in my area, so I bought a 500 with all the options I wanted/needed. Now I'm just going through it correct some poorly implemented add ons, but nothing of concern, just need to deal with it.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Today, I installed 1 inch spacers on all 4 corners because I discovered my 500 had 27's installed (after purchase) to my chagrin. Just another thing I figured out after I bought it. I dropped the skid plates cause the prior owner had wires installed below the frame but under the skid plate (WTF) but the wires are for unknown items and can go bye bye, no prob. Tomorrow will install the @SuperATV power steering unit, and new synth rope and Hawse fairlead. Waiting on the new full front bumper (OEM) and will finish the reinstall of the snow blade mount once that comes. Once all done it will be up to my standards and ready to be my mountain beast to replace my old Foreman ATV that served me well, but the wife wanted a SxS, so, you know, I got a SxS.
Honda1
Honda2
Honda3
Honda4

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Once all done it will be up to my standards and ready to be my mountain beast to replace my old Foreman ATV that served me well, but the wife wanted a SxS, so, you know, I got a SxS.

I feel like the 500 is kind of a hybrid of a SxS and an ATV.

I'd like to add power steering to the Rincon. I doubt it will be as easy as adding it to the 500. Loving the P5 with it, for sure.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Have been on a lot of rides with P1's and seen them struggle to climb through deep rutted areas that the P5 could straddle and walk right up. Have also been able to squeeze through tight traverses to get around deep water holes that they couldn't and had to go through. But then there's the ones you don't get to cheat on and you realize how much smaller it is. You still get through but pay the price.

Takeover Group

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Have been on a lot of rides with P1's and seen them struggle to climb through deep rutted areas that the P5 could straddle and walk right up. Have also been able to squeeze through tight traverses to get around deep water holes that they couldn't and had to go through. But then there's the ones you don't get to cheat on and you realize how much smaller it is. You still get through but pay the price.

View attachment 286502

On my property, there is only 1 creek, and it has a bridge. I also didn't need the bigger machine due to the size and cost, but that's just me. Glad the little guy has the chops for many situations.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took my little grand daughter for a ride in the machine down to the park the other morning. She got some new roller skates for her birthday and wanted to try them out. Saw people standing all around when we got there and realized some hooligans must've had a party there or something the night before and trashed the place. Garbage everywhere, broken glass in the skate area and basketball courts, saw one custodian guy out there trying to clean it all up. Looking at those kids faces and my grand daughter welling up, got pissed and wasn't having it! Ran back to the house and took the handles off some push brooms, rigged the brushes onto a 5 foot 2x6, drilled some holes in the top and headed back to the park. Tie wired it under the machine to the nerf bars in several places and got to work. Only took about an hour to get the heavy stuff pushed to the sides and the park was open.
We were treated like hero's all day, got a free yearly pass sticker and all the Eskimo pies we could eat while we were there. I was stuffed and she puked all over herself and the passenger seat on the ride home. Caught hell from her parents when we got back but had a great day and made some memories thanks to the nerfs. 😏

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
what tire/wheel setup is this? love it
Tusk Uinta gunmetal/matte black 14x7 (5+2) - 17.8lb/ea

K9 Supergrip XT (8ply) 27x10x14 - 38.6lb/ea. 26.25" Tall/10.25" Wide

RB3 lightweight spacers. 1.5" front. 2" rear.

If I had to do it over again, I'd go 1" front, 1.5" rear. They went from rubbing the inner fender with no spacer to rubbing the outer fender with the spacers. I feel like I barely missed the sweet spot where the tire is positioned between the two fenders. I still might swap to this someday.

The tires themselves are heavy, but they EAT. I'm not a mud bug by any stretch, but they went through nearly everything I threw at them at Take Over in only 2wd.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520

View attachment 286502
This picture is awesome! Everyone in my area has Can Am Commanders and Polaris Rangers. They are huge when I get next to them but didn't realize just how tiny the P500/520 platform is until I see something like this.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 286502

"Sorry guys, Mom sez I have to bring my little brother with, otherwise I'm grounded"

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!