P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
On the second week of July we went up to Elk River to ride for a few days, First 2 we put on 66 miles each day, and then we got lost, even with my GPS, and ended up over 13 air miles away from town. I was starting to think that I should have brought more gas. About 10 miles out the fuel light started to flash and I knew we would be walking. But we made it back and it stopped flashing and had no fuel bars showing 110 miles. When I got home, I went to the gas station and filled it up, and I still had a gallon of gas before I would run out. This is also the day that we had dry lighting and we counted 5 separate fires while ridding.

212189336 10219988374599999 6358325671965956449 n

IMG 6203

This last picture was taken from the center of town.

IMG 6253

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Was eyeing those 3D cup holders in another thread but can't use them in mine, mine were cut for the stainless ones a long time ago so the hole's too big. Like how these sit low though and how big they are, they function really well and hold everything. Someone posted in that thread that the stainless ones looked Bubba. I thought wth when I first read it, that's a poke in the chest to a lot of members on this forum that did that mod. But then the more I thought about it, he was right. Have taken great pain to keep everything black and green but, for some reason, had let that one go.
Scuffed up, self etching primer, finish and matte clear coat. Thanks for the poke to the chest whoever said it...no more Bubba. :cool:

Cup Holder

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
We had a fire behind Lewiston, it was moving fast and they called in two Supper Scooper's fire fighting planes to help out. They came down to the Snake River to get water and were back again in only 15 minutes. It was finally contained with no home taken. Notice the grain barges in the background, Lewiston is a seaport city.

Here is a video of the Super Scooper.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
We had a fire behind Lewiston, it was moving fast and they called in two Supper Scooper's fire fighting planes to help out. They came down to the Snake River to get water and were back again in only 15 minutes. It was finally contained with no home taken. Notice the grain barges in the background, Lewiston is a seaport city.

How many trout do you suppose get cooked in those fires? 🤣

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
On the second week of July we went up to Elk River to ride for a few days, First 2 we put on 66 miles each day, and then we got lost, even with my GPS, and ended up over 13 air miles away from town. I was starting to think that I should have brought more gas. About 10 miles out the fuel light started to flash and I knew we would be walking. But we made it back and it stopped flashing and had no fuel bars showing 110 miles. When I got home, I went to the gas station and filled it up, and I still had a gallon of gas before I would run out. This is also the day that we had dry lighting and we counted 5 separate fires while ridding.

View attachment 286637

View attachment 286638

This last picture was taken from the center of town.

View attachment 286639
Wow, that’s crazy. Were they out there fighting those fires by land and air? Did you get slurry dropped on you…?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Every so often you go on a ride and, instead of a pleasure cruise, you decide to put the machine through its paces. Well I put Ironsides through the wringer again today. Water holes, sugar sand, rubbing trees, heavy chop at speed, long rocky hill climbs...this machine is a frickin' beast! Even did some top end pavement runs. Gets there faster than I thought it would and will hold 41 on the speedo.
For a 6 yr old machine that weighs a ton, has had a hundred holes drilled in it and put through the wringer numerous times before, it runs better than the day I got it. 🤷‍♂️
#junkasshonda

Aug 21

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Every so often you go on a ride and, instead of a pleasure cruise, you decide to put the machine through its paces. Well I put Ironsides through the wringer again today. Water holes, sugar sand, rubbing trees, heavy chop at speed, long rocky hill climbs...this machine is a frickin' beast! Even did some top end pavement runs. Gets there faster than I thought it would and will hold 41 on the speedo.
For a 6 yr old machine that weighs a ton, has had a hundred holes drilled in it and put through the wringer numerous times before, it runs better than the day I got it. 🤷‍♂️
#junkasshonda

View attachment 287715
JAHs are pretty amazing aren't they.

advertisement
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
There is an old abandoned county road that runs along my property. It's rocky, rutted and washed out and beginning to look like a creek bed. And it has lots of weeds and overhanging vegetation. I decided to finally put my P520 thru its paces and drive down that old road. When that thing is in 4wd and 1st gear, it goes pretty much anywhere. It's not fast.. but it gets you there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I took her out and let her play in her natural environment. We sawed up some small locust trees and hauled it all back to the woodshed. I wish I had more dead locust around the property. It's the best firewood. Burns hot and clean.
View attachment 288315
Cool!!! That woods hard on saw chains right?

Reactions: Mudder
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Cool!!! That woods hard on saw chains right?
Probably...but I just sharpen the chain more frequently when I cut locust. The trees I cut today were fairly small...maybe 8-12 inches at the base. I have some oak, cherry and maple ready to split. I've been waiting until I could get some locust to mix in with it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Those planes are incredible, thanks for the vids!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Probably...but I just sharpen the chain more frequently when I cut locust. The trees I cut today were fairly small...maybe 8-12 inches at the base. I have some oak, cherry and maple ready to split. I've been waiting until I could get some locust to mix in with it.
That’s great. Does that wood/tree go by other names also?

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
That’s great. Does that wood/tree go by other names also?
Not that I know of. I know there are honey locust and black locust trees. Different species but both are good for firewood. The ones around my property grew there years ago when it was a rough pasture. Then when the land was no longer used as pasture, the poplars, oaks and maples took over and shaded them out, and they died off. A dead locust will stand a very long time without rotting and falling over (which is why locust makes good fence posts). I have quite a few large ones still standing, but they have lots of cavities that I know are used for nesting and roosting. I hate to cut those down. One of the little trees I cut yesterday ended up having a small cavity with a bat in it. It flew off into the woods apparently unharmed.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Added some permanent tunes. Been in the garage for a year after upgrading my brothers boat stereo for him, finally got around to installing it. Can't wait to try it out on the trails. Portable speakers just aren't loud enough with helmets and machine noise..

20210801 205426 20210801 205432

H

HillClimberTN

Aug 9, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
and a pic of her buggy:

View attachment 286416

The green and Moose Brown both look great in the woods, but the brown looks better with mud on it! (The mud portion of the ride was after these pics were taken; I think she took a couple snaps of them when we got back to camp.)

These buggies are absolutely in their element in the woods, IMO. But the Stihl is virtually a necessity to have along! I don't like to bust through the woods if I can help it. Tread Lightly.
Never seen a brown one. Anymore pictures? Can ya still buy brown? Does the 520 come in brown?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!