P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trailered the machine down to TN to ride with some friends that also have P5's. We had 4 machines that rode some rocky trails to get back to some caves that were supposed to be a sight to see. The wife didn't want to go as we had heard stories of Black Bears being sighted in the area but after arguing about it I just told her "what did I say" and that ended it. We made it back there and sure enough it was a beautiful spot so we decided to have lunch and shoot the sh** for a bit. About half way through chowing on my Black Forest ham and Swiss with Dijon, the guys wanted to reposition the machines for pics. Couple of us were backing our machines in when we heard a loud roar coming from the cave and something was charging toward us. Everyone was scared to death and started to run. With my machine running, I dropped my sammich and yelled for everyone to climb on. The nerf bars were full and everyone clung on for dear life as I hammered it through the rutted rocky mess. The other guy that's machine was running was so scared that he and his passenger took off up a hill that was so treacherous it would've crushed my nerf bar passengers so that wasn't an option for me. After a few minutes of a nightmare rodeo ride, I noticed that the bear had quit following so we stopped to make sure everyone was okay. There were some bumps and bruises but one of the guys was an RN and took care of those in short order. We waited it out for a little while, then crept back in to get the other machines. One thing I noticed is that the sammich I dropped was gone so that's probably all that he wanted anyway.
After getting back to civilization, got cleaned up and some smellum in our hair, we had a bbq and sat around talking about the whole ordeal. Everyone agreed that without the nerfs, some wouldn't have made it out alive. They took a few scratches so the gold is shining through but nothing that can't be touched up. In the end, no harm done, we got some great pics and a story that none of us will ever forget. 😏
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🐻

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Trailered the machine down to TN to ride with some friends that also have P5's. We had 4 machines that rode some rocky trails to get back to some caves that were supposed to be a sight to see. The wife didn't want to go as we had heard stories of Black Bears being sighted in the area but after arguing about it I just told her "what did I say" and that ended it. We made it back there and sure enough it was a beautiful spot so we decided to have lunch and shoot the sh** for a bit. About half way through chowing on my Black Forest ham and Swiss with Dijon, the guys wanted to reposition the machines for pics. Couple of us were backing our machines in when we heard a loud roar coming from the cave and something was charging toward us. Everyone was scared to death and started to run. With my machine running, I dropped my sammich and yelled for everyone to climb on. The nerf bars were full and everyone clung on for dear life as I hammered it through the rutted rocky mess. The other guy that's machine was running was so scared that he and his passenger took off up a hill that was so treacherous it would've crushed my nerf bar passengers so that wasn't an option for me. After a few minutes of a nightmare rodeo ride, I noticed that the bear had quit following so we stopped to make sure everyone was okay. There were some bumps and bruises but one of the guys was an RN and took care of those in short order. We waited it out for a little while, then crept back in to get the other machines. One thing I noticed is that the sammich I dropped was gone so that's probably all that he wanted anyway.
After getting back to civilization, got cleaned up and some smellum in our hair, we had a bbq and sat around talking about the whole ordeal. Everyone agreed that without the nerfs, some wouldn't have made it out alive. They took a few scratches so the gold is shining through but nothing that can't be touched up. In the end, no harm done, we got some great pics and a story that none of us will ever forget. 😏
I got to get a set of those.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
At first I was upset that you had come down to TN. without telling the rest of us, but after reading of your adventure, I probably need to get some nurf bars before I even attempt to ride with you.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
At first I was upset that you had come down to TN. without telling the rest of us, but after reading of your adventure, I probably need to get some nurf bars before I even attempt to ride with you.

Pretty sure @CMB was down there riding with another group and got a pic of the bear. 🤔

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I believed it all except the "what did I say and that ended it" part. 😀

Having met Mrs. Trigger at TO... yeah.. that would be the only embellished part of that story. Pretty sure had he said that .. the next sentence would have been "The next thing I know, I am picking myself up off the ground with a large goose egg of a knot on my head."

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Having met Mrs. Trigger at TO... yeah.. that would be the only embellished part of that story. Pretty sure had he said that .. the next sentence would have been "The next thing I know, I am picking myself up off the ground with a large goose egg of a knot on my head."

Yeah, she knows I'd never lay a hand on her out of anger, or any woman for that matter.
But for the sake of good nerf stories... I make money and she makes the bed and sammich's, the right way or 👊

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Man! I was wondering when the next Trigger - nerf story was coming! It's been kind of like waiting in-between seasons of your favorite TV show.

Sounds like a good thing you dropped that sammich! Hopefully saved the rest of the folks and damage to left behind machines, if there had been any food sitting in them.

LJP

LJP

Nov 6, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Celebrating the 4th! Hauling decorations with Bubba
Decorated Bubba

Our fully decorated bridge
Decorated Bridge

Proud to be a citizen of the United States of America and thankful to all those who served.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
3 pages back I posted a picture of a small boom that I quickly rigged up on the back of the P5 to do log skidding duties, but then did not get a chance to use it. Well back on July 2nd, I finally used it and it worked great! Of course, I had got into the log moving and neglected to pull the phone out of my pocket and snap a picture of the P5 in action. I did get a picture of the start of the log fort though:

IMG 1952

I got 8 trees moved to the assembly location and I have enough to make the fort 10' x 14'. Kind of a cool little opening in the trees on the property that this is fitting right in.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3 pages back I posted a picture of a small boom that I quickly rigged up on the back of the P5 to do log skidding duties, but then did not get a chance to use it. Well back on July 2nd, I finally used it and it worked great! Of course, I had got into the log moving and neglected to pull the phone out of my pocket and snap a picture of the P5 in action. I did get a picture of the start of the log fort though:

View attachment 343469

I got 8 trees moved to the assembly location and I have enough to make the fort 10' x 14'. Kind of a cool little opening in the trees on the property that this is fitting right in.
Sounds like a fun project

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 343469

I've been watching a lot of YT videos lately on off the grid cabin building, solar panels and hand driven shallow wells. 10x14 isn't a bad size either, especially if you give it a loft for sleeping. Very cool and keep the pics coming. 👍

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I built one kind of before it was the in thing to do. I was building it as a tree fort/hunting blind/get away thing. It's not way out or anything but it's back in the woods and secluded. Never did finish the inside the way I wanted to, got the structure up and dried in then lost interest. I'll probably go back and revisit it at some point. Plan to put in a small wood stove, sink, maybe even enclose the bottom floor.

The fort

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Mine is going to be way more simple than that- just a kid's play fort. Not even sure if it will have a roof. It will have a look-out tower on one corner now that on July 7th we visited Fort Michmillimac and my son could not get enough of climbing up to the towers on the fort wall😃! Side walls will only be about 5-foot tall.IMG 1943

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!