P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Finally first time trail riding in southeast Ohio at Wayne National Forest, one of the top ATV trail systems in Ohio (not a friendly state for sxs owners). Group including dirt bikes, 4 wheeler, and two ”stock” P500’s. These trails are marked for under 50 inch off road vehicles. Some trail gates are barely more than 50 inches, not sure what size could actually get through. Permit stickers are $25 or a little more for the season. Amazing what a 500 can do without power steering, aftermarket tires and torque locker (all on my christmas wish list). This little monster can outclimb dirt bikes and atv‘s on hills so steep they could not be walked up. A challenging but rewarding ride for newbies with 500’s. Has some mud holes and streams about 12 inches deep but we were able to blast through and neither of us had to use our winches. Did see some atv’s stuck or skid off the trail. I have had this 2020 for 2 years, only used on local properties and farm fields. Thanks for all the tips from fellow members on the forum here, it helped me to have great experience on my first 50 mile trail ride! I did tighten every nut, bolt, and electrical connection before my ride. Also took off my snowplow bracket to get back that crucial 1 inch of ground clearance.

F31EDA9F 4396 4A5C BBA6 299EE3382F2E

R

Ransom

Sep 21, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 500
New p500 owner here 🙋‍♂️ Been learning a lot here and today learned how to wire LED accessory lights m in for the first time. Using the subharness was easy considering I am in no way an electrician. Got the wires and new rocker switches wired up and proofed. Gonna route and clean everything tomorrow. Was a little hesitant trying to learn and do everything without help, but the p500 is just built to be modded and used. So far it’s been a fantastic learner platform. Excited to dive further into it. The support on here is awesome!

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
New p500 owner here 🙋‍♂️ Been learning a lot here and today learned how to wire LED accessory lights m in for the first time. Using the subharness was easy considering I am in no way an electrician. Got the wires and new rocker switches wired up and proofed. Gonna route and clean everything tomorrow. Was a little hesitant trying to learn and do everything without help, but the p500 is just built to be modded and used. So far it’s been a fantastic learner platform. Excited to dive further into it. The support on here is awesome!
Welcome from west central fl.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the club from East Tennessee.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
New p500 owner here 🙋‍♂️ Been learning a lot here <P500 is just built to be modded and used. So far it’s been a fantastic learner platform. The support on here is awesome!
Welcome New-Be
Start a Post in the <( Introduction Section and you will Find:
Many good people on the Honda forum AND they LIKE PICTURES.
Willing to help in many ways Including <> load up C.C.'s <> Drain Check Book.

Enjoy the TOY

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
welcome from Ohio

R

Ransom

Sep 21, 2022
PA
Ownership

1. 500
Well took the plunge and got “Red Rum” some new shoes. GBC Dirt Tamers 26x9x12 front, 26x12x12 rear. Rides so much better!!!View attachment 356569View attachment 356570
Good to know you can go 12 wide in stock (rear) rims!
My new shoes just arrived today. I’ll throw em on this weekend. I got a set of rockabilly 26x9x12’s for the front and 26x11x12’s for the rear. A lot more confident now lol

Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Added the RotoPax 2 Gal. fuel pack today. Thank you Rdcr for the inspiration and references for the mounts. I'll try it on the side mounted position for now. Don't have any 50" trails here. Plus I can add another one on the passenger side if needed down the line.
IMG 6969
IMG 6970
IMG 6971
IMG 6974

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!