P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yesterday put on the spot sprayer and 12 foot spray boom. This morning took it off and took the p5 to the Northeast Indiana Steam and Gas show in Lagrange, IN. After exploring the flea market and looking at old steam and gas engines now home and getting ready to rake hay.

LandofCheese

LandofCheese

Apr 11, 2022
Wisconsin
My brother liked my p5.2 so much he had to get a honda sxs! But he needed to be able to take the family out so he got a 700-4. Helped him install some accessories and then went out for a long ride to get the break in covered. Next weekend is oil change time for us both! Didnt take many pics so these will have to do.
20230806 095406
20230806 100631
20230806 100645

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Put brake pads on the rear of mine today. I may have changed them a bit prematurely what do you think.
KIMG2364

I think I could have gotten at least one or two more stops out of them.

advertisement
DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Since most of you aren't doing anything with your P5 I guess I will have to bump this thread again. Or are you so busy riding that you aren't posting?
Yesterday and today I sprayed several yards for insects and fleas. Also sprayed some weed patches to kill them down. Took the sprayer off the Kawasaki Prairie 360 and put it on the P5. Now I can spray in comfort.
20230831 135807

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
I'm fixing to get some good riding in this weekend and for as long as the good weather lasts....my access permit is FINALLY approved and I can legally use my P520 to explore and adventure through the many thousands of acres of private forest behind my home.

Mike

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just had a hurricane pass by. Before that 105-110 degree heat index off and on for a month or two. I'm itching to get out.
some of us are lucky we don't live in Florida. Michigan UP has much nicer summer and winter weather. Will soon be spending a lot of time there training the sled dogs. Expect pictures how we do that with the P500

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
Sold my 14" wheels & tires to my neighbor to put on his Rhino. They performed great on our Windrock ride a couple weeks ago but the flanges got pretty beat up with all those rocks. Pretty much already decided before the ride to go with 12's especially since I more or less had my old wheels sold but I wanted to see what other P5 owners were running. Neighbor didn't seem to mind all the cosmetic damage. Made his machine look 100 times better (he was running puny tires).

I was frugal with the new tires & wheels. Plain ol' ITP steel 4+3 wheels and Tusk Megabite tires (27x10x12) that RMATV had on sale for $99 a piece. They are 8-ply radials so thought that a pretty decent price. They are a rad shorter than my old tires and more rounded so they don't rub at full lock like my old tires did. I'm still running the 1" spacers on the rear.

I'm hoping they ride smoother than the 14's and perform as well or better. Only time will tell. I rode down the rode and back. They "seem" smoother but I did notice two of the ITP wheels are a out of round. The other two are perfect. I'll put those two on the back. Doesn't bother me but says something about their quality. I had thought about aluminum wheels but they are twice the price and to tell you the truth, I don't like the bling.

IMG 0757 IMG 0612 IMG 0755

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sold my 14" wheels & tires to my neighbor to put on his Rhino. They performed great on our Windrock ride a couple weeks ago but the flanges got pretty beat up with all those rocks. Pretty much already decided before the ride to go with 12's especially since I more or less had my old wheels sold but I wanted to see what other P5 owners were running. Neighbor didn't seem to mind all the cosmetic damage. Made his machine look 100 times better (he was running puny tires).

I was frugal with the new tires & wheels. Plain ol' ITP steel 4+3 wheels and Tusk Megabite tires (27x10x12) that RMATV had on sale for $99 a piece. They are 8-ply radials so thought that a pretty decent price. They are a rad shorter than my old tires and more rounded so they don't rub at full lock like my old tires did. I'm still running the 1" spacers on the rear.

I'm hoping they ride smoother than the 14's and perform as well or better. Only time will tell. I rode down the rode and back. They "seem" smoother but I did notice two of the ITP wheels are a out of round. The other two are perfect. I'll put those two on the back. Doesn't bother me but says something about their quality. I had thought about aluminum wheels but they are twice the price and to tell you the truth, I don't like the bling.

View attachment 401486 View attachment 401491 View attachment 401492
I like em

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 401486 View attachment 401491 View attachment 401492
Well fine then, send the big gold chain necklace back I sent you!

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
Pulled a 180 this weekend. We mounted my new wheels & tires on my buddy's Rhino to see how they look. Have to say they look pretty good on his machine too. I really like his wheels so made a deal to swap and he'll order me another set of tires. They're an aluminum factory wheel off a Yamaha, either a Rhino or a Grizzly and they look pretty good on the P5 (better than the ITP steelies). The tires aren't too bad either. 6-ply Maxxis 26" so I really could just run these tires if I wanted too.

Got one question though. The front wheel is 6" wide running a 26x8x12 tire. Could I run (safely) a 27x9x12 tire on that 6" rim? I would really like to run a 27" tire all around but the narrowist I can find is a 9". I don't think it's ideal but it is what it is.

Oh, and by the way...I installed the Honda nerf bars over the weekend too. Forgot to mention. They look great and will help in the rocks.

IMG 0771 IMG 0769 IMG 0768 IMG 0772 IMG 0765 IMG 0763 IMG 0773

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pulled a 180 this weekend. We mounted my new wheels & tires on my buddy's Rhino to see how they look. Have to say they look pretty good on his machine too. I really like his wheels so made a deal to swap and he'll order me another set of tires. They're an aluminum factory wheel off a Yamaha, either a Rhino or a Grizzly and they look pretty good on the P5 (better than the ITP steelies). The tires aren't too bad either. 6-ply Maxxis 26" so I really could just run these tires if I wanted too.

Got one question though. The front wheel is 6" wide running a 26x8x12 tire. Could I run (safely) a 27x9x12 tire on that 6" rim? I would really like to run a 27" tire all around but the narrowist I can find is a 9". I don't think it's ideal but it is what it is.

Oh, and by the way...I installed the Honda nerf bars over the weekend too. Forgot to mention. They look great and will help in the rocks.

View attachment 401658 View attachment 401659 View attachment 401660 View attachment 401661 View attachment 401662 View attachment 401663 View attachment 401685
They nerfs and Yamaha wheels look good. Be careful the nerfs will give it special abilities and the Yamaha parts will make it faster and women will chase it like dogs.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!