P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Won't be going to Mancelona this weekend. Too much to do. Today went out and did a little trimming on the trails with the Garmin Virb camera running. You probably don't want to watch the whole video but look at what you want. A friend will be coming Saturday and running his Polaris Ace 900 on the trail with me so I need to get the creek crossing ready tomorrow.
Would like to see a picture of where you put your camera.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I like the sun visor…where did you get it? Thanks for sharing!
Amazon. Had to modify them slightly but they work good. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C8624C4Q?tag=sxsweb24-20
They were made to fit on the roll cage. My windshield was to low for that to work. I cut the cage channel off the bracket with a hacksaw. Sanded it smooth then painted it black. bought longer 6mm screws and drilled through the windshield and top piece. Put the flat part that I cut off on the outside instead of nuts. used a fine bandsaw blade to cut the top off the visor so it was flat. smoothed the top with fine sandpaper. They look like they were made that way and they work great. If you have a different roof and windshield you may have to do it different.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I like the sun visor…where did you get it? Thanks for sharing!
Amazon. Had to modify them slightly but they work good. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C8624C4Q?tag=sxsweb24-20
They were made to fit on the roll cage. My windshield was to low for that to work. I cut the cage channel off the bracket with a hacksaw. Sanded it smooth then painted it black. bought longer 6mm screws and drilled through the windshield and top piece. Put the flat part that I cut off on the outside instead of nuts. used a fine bandsaw blade to cut the top off the visor so it was flat. smoothed the top with fine sandpaper. They look like they were made that way and they work great. If you have a different roof and windshield you may have to do it different.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Not doing much exciting stuff with the P500 right now. very busy with our fair starting today. We have 12 lambs there to show in open show tomorrow and grandkids showing in 4H on Tuesday. SXS is only doing garden duty and groundhog trapline right now. So far we have 26 groundhogs. We also have live traps in the sweetcorn to get rid of the coon.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Me and a buddy took our machines on an overland trip to an area where the trail system was to be flooded. A new dam had been built and in two days these trails would never be ridden again. We made a deal with some locals to drive our truck and trailer to a destination at the end of the run. Met them at this house in the middle of nowhere and they were a strange group. Had a kid that could pick a mean guitar though and as we were negotiating I heard him picking Man of Constant Sorrow. I started belting out the lyrics and before you know it they were all hootin' and hollerin', jumping around doing the jitterbug and stuff. They offered us some meat that they had on the grill but I didn't know what it was and politely declined. We unloaded the machines and hit the trail.
Covered a good distance the first day and slept like babies that night. The next day we were making good time until me and my buddy got separated. I doubled back to look for him, figured he stopped to take a dump or something. I came around a curve and saw my buddy (don't want to give his real name so we'll just call him Thad for the story) on all fours in his underwear, rutting around and squealing like a pig while being held at gunpoint by some inbred looking dude. I ducked down and drove right at the guy. I heard bullets ricocheting off the machine until I hit him. Thad jumped up and starting beating the hell out of him but I had a better idea. We tied him to the nerf bars and dragged him through the woods until the rope broke. We were hammer down and almost out of there until we were stopped and surrounded by inbred's. They had a couple ropes thrown over the trees and around our necks when all of a sudden a wave of water came rushing in and swept us all away. While waving and kicking for the surface I could see all the beef jerky and peanut M&M's I had packed floating around so I knew I was close to my machine. When I made it to the top I saw Old Ironsides floating nearby. Don't know if it's the oversized tires or the buoyancy of the nerfs but something keeps it afloat. Made my way over to it and started paddling with my foldable shovel. I heard what sounded like snorting and saw Thad up on a barn roof so I picked him up and we made it to the truck and trailer and got the hell out of there.
We made a pact to never tell anyone about it but I know I can trust you guys. When I got home and was fixing the bullet holes in the machine I noticed some gold showing through on one of the nerfs, thought I chipped it real bad. Turns out it was a gold tooth stuck in it, but guess the inbred won't be needing that anymore. 😏
Btw, got my ass chewed when I got home for losing my wedding ring on the trip. Sleeping on the couch until I go find it.

advertisement
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Me and a buddy took our machines on an overland trip to an area where the trail system was to be flooded. A new dam had been built and in two days these trails would never be ridden again. We made a deal with some locals to drive our truck and trailer to a destination at the end of the run. Met them at this house in the middle of nowhere and they were a strange group. Had a kid that could pick a mean guitar though and as we were negotiating I heard him picking Man of Constant Sorrow. I started belting out the lyrics and before you know it they were all hootin' and hollerin', jumping around doing the jitterbug and stuff. They offered us some meat that they had on the grill but I didn't know what it was and politely declined. We unloaded the machines and hit the trail.
Covered a good distance the first day and slept like babies that night. The next day we were making good time until me and my buddy got separated. I doubled back to look for him, figured he stopped to take a dump or something. I came around a curve and saw my buddy (don't want to give his real name so we'll just call him Thad for the story) on all fours in his underwear, rutting around and squealing like a pig while being held at gunpoint by some inbred looking dude. I ducked down and drove right at the guy. I heard bullets ricocheting off the machine until I hit him. Thad jumped up and starting beating the hell out of him but I had a better idea. We tied him to the nerf bars and dragged him through the woods until the rope broke. We were hammer down and almost out of there until we were stopped and surrounded by inbred's. They had a couple ropes thrown over the trees and around our necks when all of a sudden a wave of water came rushing in and swept us all away. While waving and kicking for the surface I could see all the beef jerky and peanut M&M's I had packed floating around so I knew I was close to my machine. When I made it to the top I saw Old Ironsides floating nearby. Don't know if it's the oversized tires or the buoyancy of the nerfs but something keeps it afloat. Made my way over to it and started paddling with my foldable shovel. I heard what sounded like snorting and saw Thad up on a barn roof so I picked him up and we made it to the truck and trailer and got the hell out of there.
We made a pact to never tell anyone about it but I know I can trust you guys. When I got home and was fixing the bullet holes in the machine I noticed some gold showing through on one of the nerfs, thought I chipped it real bad. Turns out it was a gold tooth stuck in it, but guess the inbred won't be needing that anymore. 😏
Btw, got my ass chewed when I got home for losing my wedding ring on the trip. Sleeping on the couch until I go find it.
Oh the lost art of story telling. You have a gift trigger. 😁😎😊

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
believe it or not I knew were you were going with this about the third sentence in. Sqeeel squeeel

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Today I used 2 of my 3, The only one I didn't use is the old Honda 185 3 wheeler. Sprayed the pond to with dye and copper sulfate for algae. Then sprayed fence rows with roundup and trimmed the trail and fence rows. Still enough mud and standing water on the trail I needed the knee high boots when I was off the rigs at some places. I know you people don't like to see mud on them so I hosed it off before I took the picture. Unlike the rest of you some of us do get them dirty. Those tracks get used in lots of mud and deep snow.
20230730 154807

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Today I used 2 of my 3, The only one I didn't use is the old Honda 185 3 wheeler. Sprayed the pond to with dye and copper sulfate for algae. Then sprayed fence rows with roundup and trimmed the trail and fence rows. Still enough mud and standing water on the trail I needed the knee high boots when I was off the rigs at some places. I know you people don't like to see mud on them so I hosed it off before I took the picture. Unlike the rest of you some of us do get them dirty. Those tracks get used in lots of mud and deep snow.
View attachment 397728
I’d like to drive one with tracks once. We don’t need them here. Will you buy some for your 500 ?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!