P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They were shipped the same day I ordered them (Friday), but as of a little while ago FedEx says they're still in Comiforna. They are supposed to be here Wednesday.
Your going to get a do better talk from your wife, from not ordering them sooner when she rides in it.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thats too bad we wont see you.
You never said why you dont trust your jeep to pull that P5?
300,000 miles. Hasn't been giving us problems but some noise in the transfer case. Also only rated to tow 3500 lbs and the enclosed trailer is 7000. Was planning to ride Friday at Mancelona then drive east in the evening. By the time I got home it would have been at least 8pm or later till I got reloaded and up there. Came home and cut a field of hay. Will be baling it yet this evening. Since I am back home have been using the P500 to tend the traps around the hay fields. Got 8 groundhogs over the weekend. They do a lot of damage. If I get the work done and the truck working may head to Mancelona this weekend.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Won't be going to Mancelona this weekend. Too much to do. Today went out and did a little trimming on the trails with the Garmin Virb camera running. You probably don't want to watch the whole video but look at what you want. A friend will be coming Saturday and running his Polaris Ace 900 on the trail with me so I need to get the creek crossing ready tomorrow.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Won't be going to Mancelona this weekend. Too much to do. Today went out and did a little trimming on the trails with the Garmin Virb camera running. You probably don't want to watch the whole video but look at what you want. A friend will be coming Saturday and running his Polaris Ace 900 on the trail with me so I need to get the creek crossing ready tomorrow.
I see I have the whole video twice so if you watch the first half you have seen it all

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are those strips of woods for snow control? We used to hunt some farms in Nebraska like that, the wood lines ran North and South with a section kept clear for machinery at the 1/2 mile. I would go in the Summer and build ground blind on the East and West side of the section that was kept clear, great hunting. I haven't been bow hunting in years.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Are those strips of woods for snow control? We used to hunt some farms in Nebraska like that, the wood lines ran North and South with a section kept clear for machinery at the 1/2 mile. I would go in the Summer and build ground blind on the East and West side of the section that was kept clear, great hunting. I haven't been bow hunting in years.
That was the old lane that went back to the woods. It used to be open with fence on each side. Some of what is now woods was open pasture for the 80 cows we milked. The lane fence rows grew up to trees and we left them to make a nice trail for the sled dogs. It isn't wide enough for farm machinery any more. We use the trails for a training camp for Heartland Mushers Association. Primitive camping is around the pond. Some trails as you can see are around the edges of the hay fields. We like the farm to make a profit but also like to enjoy the wilder side and share it with friends. Just got back from a run around the trails checking the traps for groundhogs. Got one more this evening. While out we saw several deer, some squirrels, Turkeys and rabbits. I feel that we are lucky to have the woods, pond with an island and a trout stream on our farm. I know there are much better riding areas in northern Michigan but if some who are close wanted a campout sometime with a few miles of trail I would be willing.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I only know of one here on Hondasxs who lives close to me and realize there are better riding areas closer to most. I have a friend with a Polaris Ace 900 who rides with me occasionally. These trails are narrow and tight for the big machines.

There may be a few in southwest Michigan, who wouldn't be too far, Kalamazoo is only an hour away

Last edited:
advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Been running the slick worn out OEM tires during yard work to save the grass. Now back to real tires.
IMG 2882

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!