P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I started a thread on the Great Lakes Region page about the ride we will be doing Saturday Oct 21. Will be mostly gravel and dirt roads, some seasonal. I think it may be a nice ride for people who live close by.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Finished up installing an Inferno heater- bring on the Montana general elk season next week and winter! I put details in a separate thread with a couple small mods I made.

09c6a053ceb76c3708453ecb6f2cd95d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I'm a day late but we got home about 9pm last night from the St. Joseph County, MI color ride. First time they held this ride as a fund raiser for the St. Joseph County fair and 4H. 89 vehicles registered, SXS, ATV, Jeeps and a few other 4WD. I only saw 4 hondas. 1 Pioneer 1000, 2 Talon and my P5. With heavy rain a for several days the dirt roads and small off road sections were very muddy. One driver rolled his buggy on the off road section. With help got it back upright with no injuries or damage. Haven't had a chance yet to take the pictures or video off the cameras.

Over all it was a fun wet ride with a few first event problems. Drivers meeting was supposed to be at 10am with departure promptly at 10:15. That didn't happen. People were still arriving after 10 and registration was too slow. They weren't expecting so many and weren't prepared. Everything was about an hour late. They eliminated some of the nicest sections because they were behind schedule. We still rode over 80 miles. The ride was advertised to be 25 to 30 mph but most of the time the leaders were running 50 or more. Hard to keep up and too fast to really look at any fall color. Some on Kawasaki Mules and other slower rigs were upset and ended up dropping out. It was all I could do to keep catching them at the stops.

I think most of the problems will be eliminated by there next ride. They plan to do a spring and fall ride every year. Even with the problems there was enough good that I will give them another chance since it is only 40 miles from home.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Did some stuff to/with the 500 weekend before last.
Pulled the front propeller shaft. I tried to do it without pulling the axils but I couldn't get the yoke to come off of the end so I couldn't get enough clearance for it to come out. Didn't take pictures of the process but here are picks of the shaft.
KIMG2539

KIMG2536

After that we cut up a tree and some brush in Mom's yard and hauled it to the brush pile.
KIMG2527

That pile is in a pit about three feet deep. Should make a decent fire this spring.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did some stuff to/with the 500 weekend before last.
Pulled the front propeller shaft. I tried to do it without pulling the axils but I couldn't get the yoke to come off of the end so I couldn't get enough clearance for it to come out. Didn't take pictures of the process but here are picks of the shaft.
View attachment 407637

View attachment 407638
After that we cut up a tree and some brush in Mom's yard and hauled it to the brush pile.
View attachment 407639

That pile is in a pit about three feet deep. Should make a decent fire this spring.
The mighty P5 doesn’t even need drive shafts to haul the brush to the pile!!! Damn things are magic!!!

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Obviously!

The mighty P5 might not need any axles if it has nerf bars installed though. Maybe we should ask the king of the golden nerf bars?
With nerfs you don't even need an engine, it just knows where to go and will coast you up the mountain. 😏

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!