P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I put mine on its side so I could get a better look at the skid plate!!!. Actually slid into a big rut and it turned over in slow motion. Winch plate has not arrived yet so had to walk a mile back to get my Honda Rancher with winch to pull it back up.

I think the blue ones tip easier! :D

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I was having a hard time finding a spot to mount a gun on the P500. Finally, I affixed two gun mounts [Kolpin 21535 Rhino X-Large Grip - UTV Mount] on the roll cage under the roof. I've seen some guys putting a double cradle up there. I thought that cradle was a little pricey and not particularly adjustable.
20170112 161158 resized 20170112 161317 resized
It's hard to get good images under there, but you get the idea. The Amazon.com link is Amazon.com: Kolpin 21535 Rhino X-Large Grip - UTV Mount: Automotive
The mounts are rubbery and grippy. Almost too grippy. These mounts are very adjustable so you can affix them pretty much anywhere you want. There's lots of room under the roof and the guns will remain completely out of the rain. When I got my P5, I thought there was too much headroom under the Honda roof. With the guns in place, there is just enough headroom. Honda engineering. The guns will stay clean, because although the entire machine gets muddy from mist and spray, there isn't any dirt appearing on the underside of that roof. US price was around $28 per gun so $56 for what appears in the images. I got a similar Canadian price at Cabelas.
The guns ride nice. The mounts appear pretty tough so I'm sure they'll handle longs rides no problem. These mounts are for transporting the guns. It's alittle hard to deploy the guns quickly, so if you were road hunting, you'd waste too many precious seconds unhooking them.

My next mod is to find an elegant way to stand a gun up on the floor and strap it to the dash.
FYI Al

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Blue owners have more fun, because they are more agressive and daring. As the great Parnelli Jones once said: "If you are under control, you are not going fast enough".
True........however, PJ never drove a P5! ;)

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
When you added....the snap on
..plastic window...
For me...it all came..Together
...would like to Hear how they work...
& it's cold there...Up Date....
AGAIN.....BADASS.
windows work very well you still get some cold air in its not 100% sealed but the cab heater I have mounted on l/s of windshield and the heat from the engine works good for wife and I reason being I know it works the wife does not complain about being cold and its only in the 30 degree mark around here so far

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
windows work very well you still get some cold air in its not 100% sealed but the cab heater I have mounted on l/s of windshield and the heat from the engine works good for wife and I reason being I know it works the wife does not complain about being cold and its only in the 30 degree mark around here so far
Kool.....
Mamma knows best....

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
I thought you sold that P5?
Well the wife and I went looking @ the 1000 by the time we were done rigging it to our liking it was way out of price range then we went looking @ John Deere's & cub cadets 4 seater forget that I had a guy that left me $500.00 deposit he couldn't get the $10K loan so that's it in a nut shell the P5 is still in the family

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well the wife and I went looking @ the 1000 by the time we were done rigging it to our liking it was way out of price range then we went looking @ John Deere's & cub cadets 4 seater forget that I had a guy that left me $500.00 deposit he couldn't get the $10K loan so that's it in a nut shell the P5 is still in the family
To stay??? :cool:

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
To stay??? :cool:
Ya for now my buddy has a friend who owns a shop fabrication shop for race car chassis I'm looking into possibility of converting the P5 into a 4 seater safely roomy and can carry my grandkids without any issues @ all I know the P5 can handle the weight it's just we're the weight is positioned is my concern I'm not and aggressive driver nor is my wife so we shall see the out come of my next venture

advertisement