P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Nice camera roc...where's the videos? o_O
That $40...camera...
Sucked...kept freezing
up....took back...got
$....back..
have expensive camera
packed away...gonna find
find it...soon

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Took a different angle at a snorkel. Saw one offered by Warrior Riser for $150 and liked the idea of a double stack, would have had to alter it though, don't have much room with the toolbox on the back. Have only seen one go up the bar like this but it was a single, @jak9922 I think.
Went with two 1 1/2" stacks making sure not to choke down the 2" anywhere. Got it all dry fit today, will glue it up and paint it tomorrow.
Walked HD looking for something rigid to use for screens, these fit perfect and will glue in, between tips and last 90's.
View attachment 40236 View attachment 40237 View attachment 40245

Why not...use black pipe?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Took a different angle at a snorkel. Saw one offered by Warrior Riser for $150 and liked the idea of a double stack, would have had to alter it though, don't have much room with the toolbox on the back. Have only seen one go up the bar like this but it was a single, @jak9922 I think.
Went with two 1 1/2" stacks making sure not to choke down the 2" anywhere. Got it all dry fit today, will glue it up and paint it tomorrow.
Walked HD looking for something rigid to use for screens, these fit perfect and will glue in, between tips and last 90's.
View attachment 40236 View attachment 40237 View attachment 40245
Like the dual...set up

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I finally unhooked my swaybar today and ziptied them up out of the way. Can't really tell much difference just riding around the yard. Can't wait till the takeover to test it out.

USPS just dropped off my RAM cell phone mount. I need to find some bolts to mount it, I thought about ordering the suction cup mount and stick it on the windshield. Does it really hold that good? I was worried it would fall off i
f bouncing in rough terrain.

R

Rustell

GPS Camera mount
USPS just dropped off my RAM cell phone mount. I need to find some bolts to mount it, I thought about ordering the suction cup mount and stick it on the windshield. Does it really hold that good? I was worried it would fall off iView attachment 40351 f bouncing in rough terrain.

The suction cup will work ok in your truck, but I wouldn't use it in the P5... all that bouncing around may send your phone flying. I have mine bolted to the dash and I have a 2nd one with a roll-bar mount.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and Dp5hunter
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Hey:
I bought the basic rig and have been adding stuff: roof, wind deflector (the short windscreen), front & rear bumpers, front and rear a-arm guards, under-hood & under-seat storage bins & accessory wiring harness. All that was Honda gear. I had 26" ITP MudLite XTRs (9" front & 11" rear) on a quad, which I switched onto the P5 original rims. I've ordered the Superwinch 3500S & KFI mount. Also ordered 20" & 32" LED light bars (can't decide which to mount, so might do both). Put on the Kolpin rear view mirrors. Rear LED work lights & some sort of rifle clamps to follow. Ordered some RAM mounts which I'll screw on to the dash for GPS & camera. I'm not decided on what kind of box to put on the rack. The box may change with the mission. I also ordered 4 Honda cam clamps to rig up a taller wind screen. I find the wind deflector abit short for winter riding. Lotsa fun. Al R

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Hey:
I bought the basic rig and have been adding stuff: roof, wind deflector (the short windscreen), front & rear bumpers, front and rear a-arm guards, under-hood & under-seat storage bins & accessory wiring harness. All that was Honda gear. I had 26" ITP MudLite XTRs (9" front & 11" rear) on a quad, which I switched onto the P5 original rims. I've ordered the Superwinch 3500S & KFI mount. Also ordered 20" & 32" LED light bars (can't decide which to mount, so might do both). Put on the Kolpin rear view mirrors. Rear LED work lights & some sort of rifle clamps to follow. Ordered some RAM mounts which I'll screw on to the dash for GPS & camera. I'm not decided on what kind of box to put on the rack. The box may change with the mission. I also ordered 4 Honda cam clamps to rig up a taller wind screen. I find the wind deflector abit short for winter riding. Lotsa fun. Al R
Is the Honda Wind Deflector worth having for non-winter use?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Only available in 1 1/2" around here without ordering it. This was a lot of different fittings too, just more options in pvc.
Wow...
really...weird...
Was thinking ABS...pipe & fittings

advertisement
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Is the Honda Wind Deflector worth having for non-winter use?
If u'r talking about the half windshield, my brother has one and he likes it. Bot be shour to get a 10in or better so it diflects over your head and not into u'r face. ;)

Reactions: sharp
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's all I run is the Honda half shield. It deflects the wind and you can see better.
Big difference in 1/2 windshield. .
& 4" wind defector. .
I use full windshield. .
love it...no bugs...no face slap

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement