P1000 What did you do to your Pioneer today?

H2oFowler

H2oFowler

May 13, 2017
Memphis,tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok.....see these threads on every other forum, so I thought I'd start it to show all of the great ideas members have on making their rig there own.

Today- I added some cheap tow hooks to front bumper from harbor freight. More astetic that true tow points, but holds my winch hook and great place to tie down on trailer. I used plastidip on the hooks for red color( took idea from my jeep Rubicon) so will see how they hold up.
Spent $15bucks total so we will see how they hold up.

IMG 0457 IMG 0458

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the plastic dip cut down on the rattle? Or is there rattle at all?

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Ok.....see these threads on every other forum, so I thought I'd start it to show all of the great ideas members have on making their rig there own.

Today- I added some cheap tow hooks to front bumper from harbor freight. More astetic that true tow points, but holds my winch hook and great place to tie down on trailer. I used plastidip on the hooks for red color( took idea from my jeep Rubicon) so will see how they hold up.
Spent $15bucks total so we will see how they hold up.

View attachment 48392 View attachment 48393
Did you put a plate behind the bumper to keep the bolts from pulling thru?

H2oFowler

H2oFowler

May 13, 2017
Memphis,tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used 1/4" and haven't and any issues with mine.. you'll be happy!
Thanks.... I meant 1/4 not 1/2 anyway. Glad to hear you've had no issues with yours.
Do you use yours for tie down points?

advertisement
J

JTW

Thanks.... I meant 1/4 not 1/2 anyway. Glad to hear you've had no issues with yours.
Do you use yours for tie down points?
Yes.. and I crank the s*** out of them! I took 2- 1 3/4" exhaust u-bolts and made rear tie points on the back rops.. I then cut some chain to fit my length, with two big hooks and use it for the rear. Hook them up, give it a little throttle to get the slack out and set the brake. Then I go to the front and ratchet it down tight. It won't move!

IMG 2654 IMG 2655 IMG 2801

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes.. and I crank the s*** out of them! I took 2- 1 3/4" exhaust u-bolts and made rear tie points on the back rops.. I then cut some chain to fit my length, with two big hooks and use it for the rear. Hook them up, give it a little throttle to get the slack out and set the brake. Then I go to the front and ratchet it down tight. It won't move!

View attachment 48508 View attachment 48509 View attachment 48510
Man that's a slick setup!

Reactions: JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!