P1000m5 What did you do with your Pioneer 1000 today?

C

Crash343

Mar 14, 2021
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
AEC77971 BC90 41ED 8EFB BD6D180774B2

We’re out chasing elk

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
PDO5, I just installed the exact same PBR switchplate and the Boss radio head unit. How is the radio it holding up for you?
Hey Scoop, it’s kick ass. Had it on there for a year and a half with no issues. No problems out of the 6.5 inch Rockville speakers either!

Reactions: Rayger143
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put a boss sound bar in today! Works and sounds great. Much better than my little 6 inch BT speaker I was using (and couldn't hear once I got above 20 mph) 😂

View attachment 308394
Which model would that be and did you shop for a good price? I have a Swampdonkey mounted in mine but the position of the speakers above the driver and passenger do not get to the back very well. I was thinking about giving my girls their own bar like this in the rear. I would put it exactly as you have, or mount it on the rear most bar and angle it down to their heads. Thank you for sharing!

bmcote

bmcote

Supporting Member
Mar 4, 2021
Colchester, CT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which model would that be and did you shop for a good price? I have a Swampdonkey mounted in mine but the position of the speakers above the driver and passenger do not get to the back very well. I was thinking about giving my girls their own bar like this in the rear. I would put it exactly as you have, or mount it on the rear most bar and angle it down to their heads. Thank you for sharing!
I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DRLXP6N?tag=sxsweb24-20
At the time (only a few weeks ago) it was $184 but now it's over $200. Seems like everything is going up in price these days! No offense to anyone who did, but I couldn't see spending over $250 for speakers honestly.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
OK, this still bugs me and nobody has clearly answered it, so I just shot an email off to True Amalgamated.

The isolator has two posts, one clearly marked MAIN and the other clearly marked AUX.

Most Pioneer owners connect this backwards: They hook their primary battery to the AUX post and they hook their secondary battery to the MAIN post.

I think most folks do this because you'd have to install it with the label upside down to hook it up as marked - which is what I did.

UPDATE: Found this on DFNA @ How to wire the Dual Battery Isolator - Original TrueAm Brand - "The “dual sensing” feature of this battery isolator makes it impossible to install backward."

If it doesn't matter ... why the hell do they mark one post MAIN and the other AUX? :oops:

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it doesn't matter ... why the hell do they mark one post MAIN and the other AUX? :oops:
Human nature. If they didn't mark it, people would complain or call or go into panic mode!

From reading the "destructions" and how the isolator works, as well as the fact that you can run your charger to the "aux" battery (whichever side that's on), it's semi-clear that both terminals work in the same manner. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!