P1000m5 What did you do with your Pioneer 1000 today?

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maple season is all done here in CT! Machine did great in the snow and mud. she also handled 70 gallons (about 500 lbs) of sap in the back two tanks no sweat.

just took the plow off today also. now i have to fix the dreaded exhaust chirp before summer riding!

View attachment 326121 View attachment 326122
Exhaust chirp? is this something I can catch from unclean trails?

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
D

Dasmoeturhead

Replaced the bottom seat cushion. The seal between the cushion and plastic bottom is just glued. That seal at some point separated and water got in. In the winter the while cushion would freeze solid, making for a very cool ride lol. I tried just about everything to dry it out, but nothing worked. It also gets that moldy smell to it. Anyway got the new cushion and it's all good. The new cushion is stapled, so no chance of water intrusion.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replaced the bottom seat cushion. The seal between the cushion and plastic bottom is just glued. That seal at some point separated and water got in. In the winter the while cushion would freeze solid, making for a very cool ride lol. I tried just about everything to dry it out, but nothing worked. It also gets that moldy smell to it. Anyway got the new cushion and it's all good. The new cushion is stapled, so no chance of water intrusion.
Did you go OE or find a different cushion?

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been driving all over, and felt it was time for some turn signals.
I used Truck-lite part# 22004Y, I got them from work, $16 for 2.
The light is capable of marker and turn.
Don't quote me on this, but I was told from a very knowledgeable person, that it is against the law to have an orange marker light shining to the rear of a vehicle.
I only needed, and used, the turn signal side of the light.
20220523 131142

The switch was just an old one I had
20220531 211305

Also mounted my phone mount.
20220531 204617

and
video test
Have a good day

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
uhm.....316 pages...what are you referring to? @nowheels
Can you at least give me a hint. haha!!
edit to add
Before you answer that, look at where I live.
It is legal in Iowa to ride on some of our roads.
If, that is what you are referring to.
Have a good day

Since he said, "read", which word is spelled the same for both present and past tense, he may have sat down and read the owner's manual . . . or, perhaps less likely, he was admonishing all of use dummies to RTFM!! Take your pick I guess. :)

S

Smooth Operator

Apr 5, 2021
Usk, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since he said, "read", which word is spelled the same for both present and past tense, he may have sat down and read the owner's manual . . . or, perhaps less likely, he was admonishing all of use dummies to RTFM!! Take your pick I guess. :)
Oh no, I was not admonishing the membership of Honda side by side club to RTFM (lol). I actually read (past tense) the manual to figure out that there is a maintenance meter in the dashboard. I have 91 miles until I have to service something. So, I bought a new task.

S

Smooth Operator

Apr 5, 2021
Usk, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
uhm.....316 pages...what are you referring to? @nowheels
Can you at least give me a hint. haha!!
edit to add
probably what they said below, so disregard. :)
Have a good day
I read a few pages in the book to learn the features of the vehicle instrument cluster. This lead me to the discovery that this instrument cluster has a secret countdown meter to maintenance milestones. ...now if I only had a service manual to know how to adjust the valves.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I read a few pages in the book to learn the features of the vehicle instrument cluster. This lead me to the discovery that this instrument cluster has a secret countdown meter to maintenance milestones. ...now if I only had a service manual to know how to adjust the valves.
Upgrade your membership and it'll be available to ya 😉 lots of goodies for supporting/lifetime members 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!