P500 What do you think about these tires?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

Looks like a new set of those tires run a little less than $500 so yeah I'd say that would be a fair offer. If I wanted 26" tires though I would stick with a 12" wheel if you do any trail riding.
They were already sold.

I do almost all trail riding. Do bigger wheels take a lot of abuse on a trail?

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
You would be losing some sidewall there. They'll ride stiffer cornering but you would be more likely to get a pinch flat or bend the lip of the rim. I've always had 12" wheels on ATV's before and just bought some 14" but going to run a 28" tire.

Looking at the wheel and tire combo's radius..
On 12" wheels with..
25" tire = 6.5" sidewall
26" tire = 7.0" sidewall
27" tire = 7.5" sidewall

With 14" wheels..
26" tire = 6.0" sidewall
27" tire = 6.5" sidewall
28" tire = 7.0" sidewall
30" tire = 8.0" sidewall

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I know I had a RZR (50") before this machine, though they ride pretty much the same, and I went from a 12 inch rim to a 14 inch rim and I thought it rode much rougher due to less side wall...I had 27 inch tires in both cases...I love the look of the 14" rim but staying with my 12's :)

Reactions: Montecresto
D

Deleted member 3748

I saw those. Was looking to see what the going rate was for stock wheels and tires. Freeland is spitting distance from me.

I wasn't all that interested in the tires but decided it was a good enough price to try them out. But I was way too slow.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!