P1000 What I learned on WV Outlaw trails

M

MDsxs100-5

Oct 14, 2018
MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got back from extended weekend trip to WV Outlaw trails in my new P1000 Deluxe. I rode with a group of 10 others, 9 4-wheelers, 1 RZR 570 and here are some things I learned.

1. The Pioneer is a beast - it can go anywhere on the trails and take on steep hill climbs with ease (Flag rock was no problem at all).

2. OEM tires are 4-PLY - BigHorn2.0 are 6-ply aftermarket only. If your on OEM tires expect to get a flat, I cut sidewall and saw 2 other pioneers with same issue - the OEM tires are NOT sufficient for the rocky trails. After my flat I went to Ziggy’s and got a set of 6-ply tires and had no further issues.

3. Move your vent lines. I moved my vent lines to hood area, did not add snorkel and was able to cross all the creeks and hit mud holes with no issues. Expect water up to seat level.

4. Wide profile is not a problem on the trails, and was very helpful in some areas. I was able to straddle deep ruts that the others had to drive inside of.

5. Major splashing water occurs in hood area, I need to find a solution to block water from splashing into the hood.

6. Bring a spare with you on the trails, I brought a spare but did not have a mount to bring on the trails. Sent someone back to cabin to get mine and waited 1.5 hours to get rolling again.

7. Wagonwheel ATV cabins were a great place to stay and located right on the trails.

8. Bring the BobT GPS maps with you, these were invaluable in navigating and finding the trails and points of interest for the group.

9. Go every year, amazing fun and impossible to see everything on a single four day trip. I saw a very small percentage of the trails on our trip and rode over 150miles.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
#5 it does roll/splash water across the hood and up over it pretty easy, I've seen a couple giant tsunamis come in the cab a time or two.

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just got back from extended weekend trip to WV Outlaw trails in my new P1000 Deluxe. I rode with a group of 10 others, 9 4-wheelers, 1 RZR 570 and here are some things I learned.

1. The Pioneer is a beast - it can go anywhere on the trails and take on steep hill climbs with ease (Flag rock was no problem at all).

2. OEM tires are 4-PLY - BigHorn2.0 are 6-ply aftermarket only. If your on OEM tires expect to get a flat, I cut sidewall and saw 2 other pioneers with same issue - the OEM tires are NOT sufficient for the rocky trails. After my flat I went to Ziggy’s and got a set of 6-ply tires and had no further issues.

3. Move your vent lines. I moved my vent lines to hood area, did not add snorkel and was able to cross all the creeks and hit mud holes with no issues. Expect water up to seat level.

4. Wide profile is not a problem on the trails, and was very helpful in some areas. I was able to straddle deep ruts that the others had to drive inside of.

5. Major splashing water occurs in hood area, I need to find a solution to block water from splashing into the hood.

6. Bring a spare with you on the trails, I brought a spare but did not have a mount to bring on the trails. Sent someone back to cabin to get mine and waited 1.5 hours to get rolling again.

7. Wagonwheel ATV cabins were a great place to stay and located right on the trails.

8. Bring the BobT GPS maps with you, these were invaluable in navigating and finding the trails and points of interest for the group.

9. Go every year, amazing fun and impossible to see everything on a single four day trip. I saw a very small percentage of the trails on our trip and rode over 150miles.
Glad you had a good time!

Reactions: MDsxs100-5
M

MDsxs100-5

Oct 14, 2018
MD
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad you had a good time!

An amazing time, can’t wait to go back. I haven’t found Anywhere even close to the riding I did in WV in the MD area where I live.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!