P1000 what is best second battery... odessy maybe?

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
ok I am about to order a second battery for when I get my accessories installed... I like the way appalachien
mountain riders installed his.. the odyssey extreme pc925, do I need this good of a battery? 189.00 plus I will get the battery install kit for 89.99... what are you fellow using? next I will be asking you about switch plates and so forth... I am pretty mechanically inclined but not with wiring... I may just have Honda do this but I think I can get through this...

thanks,
Gary

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
ok I am about to order a second battery for when I get my accessories installed... I like the way appalachien
mountain riders installed his.. the odyssey extreme pc925, do I need this good of a battery? 189.00 plus I will get the battery install kit for 89.99... what are you fellow using? next I will be asking you about switch plates and so forth... I am pretty mechanically inclined but not with wiring... I may just have Honda do this but I think I can get through this...

thanks,
Gary

There's several threads regarding battery/installs if you dig around the site... should be easy enough for ya if you just copy someone else's install.
I'm using the odyssey as a lot are, but there are other options... this thread has a list of compatible batteries. The mighty maxx is another popular choice due to price, however I recall at least a couple of posts regarding problems with them.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Several threads going on this topic already. @Hondasxs can help you out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Landman and sharp
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By no means am I even close to any type of 'expert' when it comes to electrical wiring ...... BUT, I can assure you he is NOT correct when saying ...... "you MUST run a battery isolator with dual batteries". That might be the best way to cover all bases but it is NOT required in order to run 2 batteries. I do not have an isolator, but I do run 2 batteries.

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wiring in a Stinger to a switch to “kill” all secondary power is a good idea too. Installing the secondary battery can be as complicated or easy as you make it. LOTS of threads on this subject. I’ll also be posting a detailed video on my setup in my build thread, SuperBee,(when it’s complete), I just need to mount my isolator, Stinger, relays and fusebox.

Reactions: sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

thanks,
Gary
I've got the same setup as the video you posted. Works fine.

J

JTW

Here’s mine..

29755D37 A067 4638 B240 F68D66416CA4
07F5BFEE 0D59 478C 9C90 476D8869BDF1

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
ok thanks, do I need a stinger and what does it do?
I see you moved a few things around..
how did you attach your battery strap?
I think there are 2 models of that battery? pc952 and pc925 and a letter I believe?

thanks,
Gary

J

JTW

ok thanks, do I need a stinger and what does it do?
I see you moved a few things around..
how did you attach your battery strap?
I think there are 2 models of that battery? pc952 and pc925 and a letter I believe?

thanks,
Gary
I did mine long before this video... as @Hondasxs said... the stinger is there for turning on and off the accessories. Think of it as a master switch. It allows me to run my accessories with the key off. The battery diffence is right or left negative post as I recall. My battery strap is a cam strap I ran under the plastic indention for the battery. I then cut a slot in the plastic on the radiator side of the steel cross member that is under all the plastic. If you look at the battery spot there is about a 2” flat on the radiator side of the that spot. That’s where the cross brace is.

Chriscoe

Chriscoe

Jun 4, 2018
Seagrove, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had the mighty max battery for a total of 8 days. No problems so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had the mighty max battery for a total of 8 days. No problems so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had issues with my mighty max after roughly a year. It dropped a cell and would only hold a 10v charge. I don't recall anyone else having problems with theirs. I hope yours works out for you.

Reactions: Landman
mississippimud

mississippimud

Jan 21, 2017
north mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had issues with my mighty max after roughly a year. It dropped a cell and would only hold a 10v charge. I don't recall anyone else having problems with theirs. I hope yours works out for you.
Hey guys,been a while since I posted but
I have had trouble with the odessey battery dropping voltage quickly and not holding a good charge. Been running accessories on it for about a year. Could have a weak cell??
If had to do it again i would go with the cheaper battery!!

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
ok thanks, I guess I will give the mighty max a try...

Gary

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!