• Total voters
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
The 5.0 but I did drive a new 2017 with the ecoboost and was very impressed , it was just out of my price range!
oh come on!!!!!
20170423 180003

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2012 F150 XL V8 4X4 Pro Comp Add a Leafs and Firestone Ride Rites. Warn VL 10,000 Cooper Discoverer AT3 E Rated. 2015 FourWheelCamper Hawk, Loaded.
IMG 0051
IMG 0356
IMG 0161

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
At 15 mpg thats 19,500 miles a month, what do you do? You ever wear out wind shields? HA!
No, in fact I am in today for oil &fuel filter change at 40K miles, truck is 74 days old. Been averaging 18K a month recently. The RV transportation business is very busy this spring. 75% of my miles are towing 15-18K 5th wheels, thats actual weight not GVWR.

This truck and last two have been great, shooting to get a million miles out of this one, probably hit that in less than 6 years.

20170411 203112

20170322 145552

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, in fact I am in today for oil &fuel filter change at 40K miles, truck is 74 days old. Been averaging 18K a month recently. The RV transportation business is very busy this spring. 75% of my miles are towing 15-18K 5th wheels, thats actual weight not GVWR.

This truck and last two have been great, shooting to get a million miles out of this one, probably hit that in less than 6 years.

View attachment 45651
View attachment 45652
4500 miles/ week? Must be on paper logs.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
4500 miles/ week? Must be on paper logs.
No paper logs, I use the Keep Trucking app. Let's you fudge like crazy and is accepted by DOT. It required use for our transport company. All they want is compliant logs and quick delivery. I've been home 3 days but just got home yesterday on logs to comply with the 715 mile 11 hrs driving limit. Being in a pickup that doesn't look like a hotshot let's you fly under the radar a lot.

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No use the Keep Trucking app. Let's you fudge like crazy and is accepted by DOT. It required use for our transport company. All they want is compliant logs and quick delivery. I've been home 3 days but just got home yesterday on logs to comply with the 715 mile 11 hrs driving limit. Being in a pickup that doesn't look like a hotshot let's you fly under the radar a lot.
There's the phrase, LOOKS compliant. Lol. My best day in this truck has been 735 miles. And most of that in ND with a 75 mph speed limit and my truck is ungoverned.

E

ebkoz

Feb 27, 2017
new jersey
An amazing luxury tow vehicle for a UTV or trailer loads weighing up to 6500lbs (for those LONG road trips). The Lexus GX 460. I can get up to 16 mpg towing (depending on the terrain). What makes it so special is the comfort, luxury, and features it has. The vehicle has an aluminum V8 making 300+ hp w/6 speed trans. It is a true luxury off-road vehicle with a full ladder frame and a low-speed transfer case. The luxury features are what makes the LONG road trips so comfortable. The unique features that make this truck a great tow vehicle are features that were designed for off/on-road driving. Features like; an auto leveling air bag suspension, KDSS (Kinetic Dynamic Susp. Sys.), AVS (Adaptive Variable Susp.), Torsen Locking/limited-Slip Differentials, crawl control and a wide view monitoring system.

The auto leveling air bag susp. has the ability to raise or lower the vehicle 4 inches. It also has an auto leveling setting that will level the trailer even when the vehicle is at max payload. It even has an air dryer designed into the system to eliminate moisture in the air that causes erosion. The KDSS system uses hydraulic actuators that automatically force the HD front and rear sway bars to help eliminate sway/plowing while cornering on-road. It also will completely disconnect the sway bars and force extended wheel articulation for off-road driving. The AVS system uses electronically controlled shocks to damper the suspension. It has three settings, comfort-normal-sport (works on the fly). Not much to say about the Torsen diffs other than they are fantastic. The crawl control system is absolutely amazing. It uses a computer to manage the engine and brakes to maintain five constant preset speeds (1 to 5 mph) traveling up/down over rugged terrain. The system does this in a way that is humanly impossible. It will tap a single wheel’s brakes to keep the vehicle straight no matter how harsh the terrain is. It also can dig the vehicle out of sand when the vehicle has dug itself down to the frame rails (absolutely amazing). The wide view monitoring system option adds cameras around the vehicle to monitor the terrain at low speeds, You literally can see 180 degrees from the front camera. You can stop the vehicle’s front bumper at a garage’s door opening and see down both ways of a street, without even leaving the garage.

I would spend way too much time going over the GX’s luxury features and it would be boring. The fact is one of the MOST important features of a great tow vehicle is comfort and the ability to travel long distances safely. The GX is whisper quiet and plush yet super capable. What makes it even better is when you disconnect the trailer, you have the ultimate family vehicle that’s almost unstoppable in severe weather. The only negative is the price. But if you look at the other real truck SUV’s (not crossovers), the price is easier to accept
4W2A8007 1

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
An amazing luxury tow vehicle for a UTV or trailer loads weighing up to 6500lbs (for those LONG road trips). The Lexus GX 460. I can get up to 16 mpg towing (depending on the terrain). What makes it so special is the comfort, luxury, and features it has. The vehicle has an aluminum V8 making 300+ hp w/6 speed trans. It is a true luxury off-road vehicle with a full ladder frame and a low-speed transfer case. The luxury features are what makes the LONG road trips so comfortable. The unique features that make this truck a great tow vehicle are features that were designed for off/on-road driving. Features like; an auto leveling air bag suspension, KDSS (Kinetic Dynamic Susp. Sys.), AVS (Adaptive Variable Susp.), Torsen Locking/limited-Slip Differentials, crawl control and a wide view monitoring system.

The auto leveling air bag susp. has the ability to raise or lower the vehicle 4 inches. It also has an auto leveling setting that will level the trailer even when the vehicle is at max payload. It even has an air dryer designed into the system to eliminate moisture in the air that causes erosion. The KDSS system uses hydraulic actuators that automatically force the HD front and rear sway bars to help eliminate sway/plowing while cornering on-road. It also will completely disconnect the sway bars and force extended wheel articulation for off-road driving. The AVS system uses electronically controlled shocks to damper the suspension. It has three settings, comfort-normal-sport (works on the fly). Not much to say about the Torsen diffs other than they are fantastic. The crawl control system is absolutely amazing. It uses a computer to manage the engine and brakes to maintain five constant preset speeds (1 to 5 mph) traveling up/down over rugged terrain. The system does this in a way that is humanly impossible. It will tap a single wheel’s brakes to keep the vehicle straight no matter how harsh the terrain is. It also can dig the vehicle out of sand when the vehicle has dug itself down to the frame rails (absolutely amazing). The wide view monitoring system option adds cameras around the vehicle to monitor the terrain at low speeds, You literally can see 180 degrees from the front camera. You can stop the vehicle’s front bumper at a garage’s door opening and see down both ways of a street, without even leaving the garage.

I would spend way too much time going over the GX’s luxury features and it would be boring. The fact is one of the MOST important features of a great tow vehicle is comfort and the ability to travel long distances safely. The GX is whisper quiet and plush yet super capable. What makes it even better is when you disconnect the trailer, you have the ultimate family vehicle that’s almost unstoppable in severe weather. The only negative is the price. But if you look at the other real truck SUV’s (not crossovers), the price is easier to acceptView attachment 45662 .
It's a Toyota! Love my diesel but damn those Yota's can sneak up on you in the woods

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 45651
View attachment 45652

I'm not a Ford guy but gotta give credit where credit is due, that's a BA truck right there!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm not a Ford guy but gotta give credit where credit is due, that's a BA truck right there!
Thanks. All of the big 3 current models capability compared to 10 years ago just blow me away, but Ford and Ram are really in a spec war for last 5 years.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. All of the big 3 current models capability compared to 10 years ago just blow me away, but Ford and Ram are really in a spec war for last 5 years.

I agree. If gm doesn't really change the game this year they are out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
LOL so is the Honda Sport SxS just no pics.

Lol! Can't see much in these pics but I'm noticing the dual exhaust out of the bumper. There is also talk of aluminum implementation. If they're going to steal ideas from the competition, I wish they would put the Ford combination/keyless entry on.

advertisement