moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, what I do is ideal for a retirement gig. Not so much if trying to raise a family. But still 70% of my running I am home every night. But when they call needing a CDL load delivered to west coast, I'll take that $3600 for 6 days driving everytime.

But the key is getting to choose when, where, and how often you go. I would never kill myself working for a company that would replace me next week without a second thought.
And this is why I chose not to be a company driver. It’s nice having the security of owning your own truck. Like you, I’ve got a contract. As long as I do my job they can’t get rid of me. And if the company lost that account, I can take that truck anywhere and make money with it. I’m home 4 days a week with the family. I’ve had countless twats over the years ask me how I do it, how can I be away from the kids that long, that I can’t be a real parent when I’m gone overnight. My kids have grown up with it, and they don’t have to go without because of it. Where else can a college dropout take a 6 week class, get into a truck, pay your dues for a year or two and go straight to makin Doctor money. My kids will be happy for all those miles I ran when their education is paid in full by the time they graduate.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What about the GPS truckers log?
Anything can be manipulated to read what you need. The ELD tied to trucks computer that logs everything is a bit of a hat trick 99.5% haven't figured out. Still everything computerized just runs off a bunch of 0's & 1's once a person knows how to deal with it effectively its no different than running 3 paper logs, one for show, one for go, and one for taxes. LOL.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anything can be manipulated to read what you need. The ELD tied to trucks computer that logs everything is a bit of a hat trick 99.5% haven't figured out. Still everything computerized just runs off a bunch of 0's & 1's once a person knows how to deal with it effectively its no different than running 3 paper logs, one for show, one for go, and one for taxes. LOL.
I see you know the game as well

ALM76

ALM76

L-I-V-I-N
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2017
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Anybody tried a 2.8 Duramax? I haven't hooked a trailer up but I drive one sometimes.
I have one and love it. I've had an atv in the bed and a P500 on the trailer and it pulls like nothing behind me. Tons of torque in that little thing. GM says towing capacity at 7,700# and I'd believe it'll do it. Great mileage too.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
20180224 143308
I have one and love it. I've had an atv in the bed and a P500 on the trailer and it pulls like nothing behind me. Tons of torque in that little thing. GM says towing capacity at 7,700# and I'd believe it'll do it. Great mileage too.
Good to hear. Here is what we get for miles. No towing yet but real world mileage since last October. Winter remote starts, drive in 4wd when needed, below zero some in January. Z71 crewcab long bed.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I pull with an F250 Plat diesel. It does what I need. Have Halmark enclosed trailers but enjoy the aluma lite trailers.

Here's mine,
Nice truck! @sharp and I have the same truck! Mine is a 350 but still the same family

Reactions: sharp
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Dca9f2a071f3b8e58779c20f17c77b41

Had to go rescue my buddies disco last weekend from the off-road park, motor and trans mounts shifted after some crazy crawling and the 4wd linkage was no longer inline causing no shift out of 4wd. The Titan diesel towed like a champ, I need to find something heavier to tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I don't get it? I can get 250,000 out of a gas burner, that I run the dog out of, the up keep is a LOT less than a diesel. Yet I see there are all kinds of fans for the diesels. The only way I would own another one, is if I could afford to trade before road side assistance expired! Had a 1980 Scout II with a Nissan turbo in line six (Gutless wonder) and a late 80's F350 Ford with the IH bread truck motor, the only thing I could count on was being stranded in cold weather, carried extra filters and fuel to prime filters, road side and all that crap, been there done that! I ran all the recommended fuel treatments and ran winter grade diesel. Never again will I own a diesel other than a tractor, back hoe and trac hoe! Why is it a Case back hoe will start without a block heater?
Gas or diesel both have their pros and cons but like others and myself we don't have a choice but go diesel because we have toy haulers that are very heavy and a gasser will not pull them especially here in Colorado and I will admit that I really like my 440 HP, 925 ft. pounds of torque the Power Stroke produces.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
View attachment 68201

Had to go rescue my buddies disco last weekend from the off-road park, motor and trans mounts shifted after some crazy crawling and the 4wd linkage was no longer inline causing no shift out of 4wd. The Titan diesel towed like a champ, I need to find something heavier to tow.

If you absolutely have to get there - Land Rover

If you absolutely have to get there AND get back - Land Cruiser

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
If you absolutely have to get there - Land Rover

If you absolutely have to get there AND get back - Land Cruiser

Due to my dad's work we moved to Australia for a while.
Dad whent from a Jeep Wagoneer to a series 2 Land Rover.
He always said there wasn't anywhere the Land Rover could go that his Jeep couldn't have towed it.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can see why @CumminsPusher is such a Cummins guy. I'll say it's 6-1 ram trucks out here in Washington. I have not seen 1 ford diesel in town or on the hi way. Its almost comical when i started paying attention lol. Theres a few Chevy. But it seems like if it's not a ram it's a Toyota . At 1 stop light in Spokane I counted 9 ram trucks. Kinda like waffle houses in the south.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can see why @CumminsPusher is such a Cummins guy. I'll say it's 6-1 ram trucks out here in Washington. I have not seen 1 ford diesel in town or on the hi way. Its almost comical when i started paying attention lol. Theres a few Chevy. But it seems like if it's not a ram it's a Toyota . At 1 stop light in Spokane I counted 9 ram trucks. Kinda like waffle houses in the south.
What did you expect on the left coast? All the American men live east of the rocky mountains.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What did you expect on the left coast? All the American men live east of the rocky mountains.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There’s a few exceptions either way. :)

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Demographics are interesting, here in Colorado Fords outnumber dodge and Chevys by a large number.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!