P1000m5 What major accessories?

J

JTW

What roof and windshield are you P1000-5 guys running? I find myself talking myself in and out of the hard roof.. I can see some advantages to a soft roof.
And with the battery upfront I'm concerned the superatv windshield won't allow easy access to the battery under the hood. I REALLY liked being able to have that windshield fully open! Also, bumper and winch mounting.. it seems most of you guys aren't running front bumpers.. any reason why? I liked the strongmade on the p500 but I'm not sure I like it on the 1000, however I like the winch being mounted on top. I do like the look of the brushgaurd on them though. I appreciate the direction!

The 17th will be here soon and I plan on making a decision very shortly after... 2016 or 2017.. if I buy a 16 I want to have an idea of what accessories I should be looking into.. obviously if I decide on a 17 I'll have PLENTY of time!

Reactions: joeymt33
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would much rather have the hard roof than the soft roof but I do a lot of driving in the woods and I would be afraid the soft top would get damaged. I know my hard top drags pretty good at times.

Don't forget CV guards. I am not really that impressed with the Honda Front but the Honda Rear is very nice.

I looked at the Honda Front Bumper/Brush guard but it didn't really seem to cover that much more in comparison to the factory bumper. I didn't look at any of the aftermarket options.

I do like the Rear Bumper and I wish I had gotten it.

If you are going to use it for work, make sure you get the bed liner. It is expensive but it is nice and it really prevents stuff from getting down in the seat mechanism.

I would like to get a windshield of some sort but I want it to be quick disconnect without having to remove the roof. I would only use it when I needed to ride in the rain or when it is very cold but the rest of the time I would leave it off and just attach it as needed. I haven't done a good investigation though to figure out if this is available.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I would much rather have the hard roof than the soft roof but I do a lot of driving in the woods and I would be afraid the soft top would get damaged. I know my hard top drags pretty good at times.

Don't forget CV guards. I am not really that impressed with the Honda Front but the Honda Rear is very nice.

I looked at the Honda Front Bumper/Brush guard but it didn't really seem to cover that much more in comparison to the factory bumper. I didn't look at any of the aftermarket options.

I do like the Rear Bumper and I wish I had gotten it.

If you are going to use it for work, make sure you get the bed liner. It is expensive but it is nice and it really prevents stuff from getting down in the seat mechanism.

I would like to get a windshield of some sort but I want it to be quick disconnect without having to remove the roof. I would only use it when I needed to ride in the rain or when it is very cold but the rest of the time I would leave it off and just attach it as needed. I haven't done a good investigation though to figure out if this is available.
I'm with ya on the roof.. I just can't help but think it would be nice to remove it but still have it sometime.. kinda like that open Jeep feel or a 4 wheeler..

The windshield is handy for our quick little trips around here.. it's nice to not eat bugs and have to squint when running through bottoms. That's what I liked about the superatv.. it's the best of both worlds..

Bumpers I'm indifferent on.. just wondering what the reasoning is.

I'll probably rarely use the bed as a dump.. (unless it's a deer) but I have some 1/4" stall mat I'll cut to fit.

Reactions: MuDSlinger
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda hard roof is tough as nails. Can't count how many low hanging trees and branches I've drug it under. Did manage to penetrate it last time out though. But you should've seen the tree! Lol. Literally had to take a knife and dig the bark out of it. Very happy with my hard top. I also love my Strongmade front bumper. Didn't like how it sits off from the body though. There's an easy fix for that in my build lol. Love not having to dig in the mud for my winch cable.

J

JTW

The Honda hard roof is tough as nails. Can't count how many low hanging trees and branches I've drug it under. Did manage to penetrate it last time out though. But you should've seen the tree! Lol. Literally had to take a knife and dig the bark out of it. Very happy with my hard top. I also love my Strongmade front bumper. Didn't like how it sits off from the body though. There's an easy fix for that in my build lol. Love not having to dig in the mud for my winch cable.
Exactly.. that's what I don't like about the look of it.. the 500 looks like it was made to have it but the 1000 just looks like it's something you suick on it! I'll check out that build.

I think this one looks decent but not sure I like the winch up in there.

IMG 1111

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly.. that's what I don't like about the look of it.. the 500 looks like it was made to have it but the 1000 just looks like it's something you suick on it! I'll check out that build.

I think this one looks decent but not sure I like the winch up in there.

View attachment 26223
Have you looked at the tough country bumpers? If I had enough pesos to spare there'd be one bolted on mine for sure

Reactions: JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like my flat surfaces too much. Too much round tube imo. One reason I want to make a step bumper for my rear.

Reactions: GlockMeister
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know right where one is..been building skid plates and deer hunting.... gonna try to get one pulled before I leave thurs morning
Man that would be sweet. But don't put yourself out. I can always come pick it up at a later date. I'll even give ya usual pick-n-pull rate for it lol. Square bodies get picked clean around here as soon as they hit the yard lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!