Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
My Talon came in today and I just picked it up. I have driven it an astounding...wait for it....15' while loading it onto the trailer. Headed to Baja tomorrow where I'll give it a proper easy break in.

I guess I'm official now.😎
Congrats and enjoy!

Now do yourself a huge favor and go check the sub-transmission fluid. Talons have been known to leave the factory with little and even no fluid and some dealers are still not checking them.

Then make sure the shift cable is adjusted properly.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You wont be happy when I tell you the original expected date was the end of last month. I don't know if the salesman was overly optimistic or was fed a line by the order manager. The best indicator I received was the VIN # and from that point it was about 10 days. IMO, if they can't give you a VIN, they don't have certainty and everything is a WAG.
Well, hoping mine ships when it's supposed to! We'll see this weekend/next week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, my dealer just told me that mine that was expected this month is now showing early July as a delivery date. Sigh....

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well, my dealer just told me that mine that was expected this month is now showing early July as a delivery date. Sigh....
That's rough, sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, where's the dealership at?

I'm expecting to either hear the same news, or that it shipped guessing I'll be in the same boat as you though.

I'm picking up from a dealership in Ohio.

C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That's rough, sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, where's the dealership at?

I'm expecting to either hear the same news, or that it shipped guessing I'll be in the same boat as you though.

I'm picking up from a dealership in Ohio.

New Mexico. I also contacted western Honda in Arizona and their estimated delivery date was originally June and he now shows mid September.

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Got confirmation this morning that the factory shipped my Talon on Saturday May 1st. They expect it to arrive this week, and hopefully pick it up by Friday! Fingers crossed, looking forward to picking her up.

C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got confirmation this morning that the factory shipped my Talon on Saturday May 1st. They expect it to arrive this week, and hopefully pick it up by Friday! Fingers crossed, looking forward to picking her up.

Nice! I’m hoping that since a few folks are reporting getting their shipment confirmations/VINs finally, perhaps that means mine will arrive sooner then later.

Reactions: Blownzuki
sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Congrats and enjoy!

Now do yourself a huge favor and go check the sub-transmission fluid. Talons have been known to leave the factory with little and even no fluid and some dealers are still not checking them.

Then make sure the shift cable is adjusted properly.
I checked the sub-trans and oil at the dealer and it was spot on. I have to read up on the shift cable adjustment. It seemed fine during the 65 mile break in I did. It was a blast and I did it all stock...no mirrors, no spare, stock tires that I didn't even lower the air (did fine on soft deep beach sand). Over the next few weeks the wife and I will sit down and order things we think are needed and hold off on the wants.

Last edited:
Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
How you liking it so far? I have a garage full of mods ready for it, just waiting on the talon now! Truck and trailer ready to go!

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
How you liking it so far? I have a garage full of mods ready for it, just waiting on the talon now! Truck and trailer ready to go!
You will love it. The paddle shifters are awesome. Coming from a sand rail, Baja bug, Jeep Rubicon world the SXS world is new to me. From my inexperienced a$$ i didn't think the ride was rough or harsh, I felt some of the accelerator bounce others spoke to when running over washboards but nothing that freaked me out (beyond my wifes driving :)). The factory tires are not well suited to highway at speed IMO but worked great in the sand and Baja type trails. I also did not feel the heat others complained about and temps were up as high as 98, but dry. Driving without a windshield was like having AC on. Very little grit was picked up and thrown back at us so no extended wheel flaps for a bit. I did not push the Talon, highest speed may have been 45 mph. IMO there is a definite need for a few things. Rear/side view mirrors, possibly backup camera, locking compartments, windshield when it gets cold, turn signals, lighting and aux switch panel. Towing was a breeze with tow/haul mode and TBC on a ford ranger. I'll never tow without those features again as they are a marvel of safety engineering IMO. I was running long 6% grades.

At some point in the next 6 months I'll begin to push a bit but until wife retires I'm limited. Baja is too hot in the summer and wife still has ~90 days or so before she retires. I'll do some weekend jaunts to SoCal mtns OHV trails.

Reactions: Blownzuki and CID
Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Where ever you are, I want to ride there! :) Awesome, looks great! What trim did you get, x4 live valve?

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Where ever you are, I want to ride there! :) Awesome, looks great! What trim did you get, x4 live valve?
San Felipe, Baja Mexico. On the Sea of Cortez. I have a vacation home there. The tidal shift is stunning and I have seen some of the largest tides in the world. Small fishing and shrimp town and a growing US population. Yes, X4 Live valve.
Same area low tide and high tides.
Low tide

El Dorado Beach

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Very nice, you got one heck of a view there! Enjoy those rides, I'll stay tuned for more videos too! Man that looks like some great riding for sure, makes my trails look boring. I'll add that as a place to visit soon!

I am awaiting my x4 LV to arrive at the dealer. Hoping tomorrow or Saturday, I'm anxious to say the least.

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

2021ArthurGuinnessX4LV

Nov 15, 2020
Riverside, Ca
Ownership

1. Talon X4
San Felipe, Baja Mexico. On the Sea of Cortez. I have a vacation home there. The tidal shift is stunning and I have seen some of the largest tides in the world. Small fishing and shrimp town and a growing US population. Yes, X4 Live valve.
Same area low tide and high tides.
View attachment 270185
View attachment 270186
Omg, that looks amazing. Reminds me of Golfo de Santa Clara as far as the tide. I used to go every spring break (Semana Santa) as a Jeeper and quad rider. This is my first UTV but I’m itching to ride in Baja. So far all I’ve done is Dumont, Glamis and Johnson Valley

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Omg, that looks amazing. Reminds me of Golfo de Santa Clara as far as the tide. I used to go every spring break (Semana Santa) as a Jeeper and quad rider. This is my first UTV but I’m itching to ride in Baja. So far all I’ve done is Dumont, Glamis and Johnson Valley
So Golfo de Santa Clara is at the top of the Sea of Cortez ( same tides, similar topography). On the east side, 100 miles south is Puerto Penasco. On the west side is San Felipe, opposite Puerto Penasco. Similar areas. San Felipe has the very large mtn range (San Pedro de Matir, IIRC) between the city and the pacific ocean. San Felipe is 125 miles south of the border (crossing through Mexicali).

So if it reminds you...it's because its similar yet different. I avoid ALL major holidays these days and stay out of town. It gets too crazy but the rest of the time its great. Plus summer heat is brutal.

SharedScreenshot

Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Well, it's been a battle to say the least. The salesman we've been working with has been, let's say, non existent. Long story short, after working with his manager we're now setup to pick up our 1000x4 LV tomorrow afternoon. Hoping all goes well and as planned.

They tried to sell me on the extended warranty, rejected it though.

Did any of you bite and what's your thoughts on it? Thanks in advance

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!