• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

Discussion in 'Buying a Honda Talon' started by Vondy, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Vondy

Vondy Formerly JeepHD
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    500, Talon X
    Thought I'd start a new thread for Talon Pricing of what everyone is getting quoted and/or paying for the new Talon.

Updated 3/15/19

I got prices all over the board the last several months. Had one reserved with a local dealer, but was not shipping until May. Made a deal to get it sooner at different dealer.
    Final price $21,200 Out the door including all taxes and fees.

Not the best deal, but got the machine two months earlier and a reasonable drive away.

What's everyone else paying?

#1 Vondy, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. RaceCityRiders

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    From my dealer. Only fee is sales tax.

Screenshot_20190111-105229_Gmail.jpg

3. Vondy

Vondy Formerly JeepHD
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    500, Talon X
    Mind sharing who your dealer is. You can message if you would like. That’s awesome pricing from what seen and right in line with what I’d be willing to pay.

4. RaceCityRiders

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    Jerry, at Sports Cycle Rockingham NC. Waiting to hear back from Schroaders Honda in Hendersonville NC.

Purchased a Polaris sportsman from Jerry and by far the best dealer experience I've had in a long time.

CumminsPusher and Vondy like this.
  5. 1Ron

1Ron Active Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    Does that price include freight & setup? It should but some dealers play that game.....

6. alloutdoors

alloutdoors Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    That's a great point, because too often prices are shown to lure people in to later find out, Oh by the way, ... there are all these fees, doc., freight, handling, preparation, etc...

7. 1Ron

1Ron Active Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    If you are interested in the lowest price check Abernathy’s in Union TN. They are usually the lowest price with no gimmicks.

Razorback, Lamascota, JTW and 3 others like this.
  8. JACKAL

JACKAL I seent it!
    Moderator Lifetime Member Supporting Member Club Contributor

Ownership:
    500, 1000-5
  9. 1Ron

1Ron Active Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    That’s true on a 2018 carryover model with factory incentives but on the Talon I’m guessing closer to a 10% discount. It would be easy to check with them. They also discount accessories and that would be a higher % discount. If I lived a thousand miles closer I would be interested.

Plumber32 likes this.
  10. nctrailboss

nctrailboss Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    Jerry is a good dude,I ride dirt bikes with him occasionally and have bought from him since 1984.

11. Vondy

Vondy Formerly JeepHD
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    500, Talon X
    I got same pricing from them today as above. All fees include, just add taxes.
    $18,498

RaceCityRiders likes this.
  12. RaceCityRiders

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    Jerry at Sports Cycle doesn't mess around with fees. Great to deal with. Also ask him about tire/Rim swaps before you take delivery if you plan on upgrading.

13. alloutdoors

alloutdoors Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    I suspect the pricing with be firm (little room to haggle), whatever the discount percentage will be off of MSRP, especially until a number of these units flow into the hands of buyers and inventory begins to build some vs. anxious buyers out there right now with demand and no units on the floor..

14. JSPEED

JSPEED Hoosier daddy!
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    gotta love the dealers that will ask you msrp plus delivery and say they can't budge on price! It baffles me how many dealers play that game and actually think people won't shop around or shop for the best price!!!

BigOL3 and iowaguy like this.
  15. Vondy

Vondy Formerly JeepHD
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    500, Talon X
    Just got quotes on 1000X for $18,299 and 1000r for 19,000 but have to travel to get. My target was 18k, hoping I can a local dealer to work with me at that price.

TimG and Chooglin like this.
  16. Vondy

Vondy Formerly JeepHD
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    500, Talon X
    Can anyone explain to me how Honda pricing to dealers works? Do they get a kickback after sale or do they get pricing below dealer invoice? Basically, can the dealer sell below dealer invoice and still make profit?

17. 1Ron

1Ron Active Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    The answer is probably yes most of the time, but why would a dealer discount a current product below invoice? Slow sellers or year end close outs are more likely to see better prices. Only the Dealer and Honda know true dealer cost and it might vary for numerous reasons maybe even among dealers based on sales target or volumes. The prices quoted on this forum are a good indicator of a low figure in a competitive marketplace. Buying from a reputable dealer close to home might also be equally important for many of us.

jrod777, Smitty335 and Vondy like this.
  18. Smitty335

Smitty335 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Heartland Honda ( Springdale, Arkansas ) has taken very good care of me, except for one time, all it took was a e-mail and everything was good!

19. dnjones161

dnjones161 Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    I can tell you around our neck of the woods: it depends who you ask.

The best I can tell "dealer invoice" is a BS number the dealer is able to use to pretend they are giving machines away. I know for a fact that in the auto industry that's how it works: dealer invoice is a number used as a bargaining chip, but its not true dealer cost.

I had some dealers tell me the volume guys get a kick back, some guys tell me they are getting the product cheaper, etc. Everyone had their own little spin on it.

My favorite was "Abernathy's must be buying wrecked units at a special dealer only auction- that's how they sell all those soo cheap. Then they do repairs and sell them as new products. They retain the factory warranty but I wouldn't want one" :rolleyes: Honda must be dropping a LOT of Pioneers off the side of semi-trucks of that's the case :D

BigOL3, 1Ron and Smitty335 like this.
  20. Vondy

Vondy Formerly JeepHD
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    500, Talon X
    I pulled the trigger today with my local dealer. Put money down on a Red 1000X for $19,200 plus 10% off any accessories ordered. I ordered Nerf bars, Lower doors, and Front aluminum bumper with it. He has a Blue X and a Red R coming in in April. Then the Red X coming in May. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will have for Takeover, still be sporting the mighty P500.