Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

O

OCCanuck

Feb 19, 2021
Orange County, CA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just put a down payment on a 2021 4 seat live valve from a local dealer. After researching and shopping a month I have a greater appreciation and understanding of the market. I should have it within the month, just in time for my 2nd trip down into Baja, along the Sea of Cortez. It will be replacing my baja bug.

View attachment 259700 View attachment 259701
Did you end up having to pay $2000+ over MSRP?

Reactions: TimG
sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Yes. $2450 which was the best locally available at ~10%. Other dealers in the area are charging up to ~18-20% ADM. Plus I can have it in a few weeks. Dealer says the only way these are obtained in this area now is to order and claim before arrival. After researching I believe it. They are spoken for, before they arrive at the dealer, in CA. It seems each dealer is provided a monthly allotment.

When I started this I said no freakin' way would I pay over MSRP. I'm 65, two months retired, so I took the buy and enjoy before I die approach. I balanced purchases in other states (closest was 800 miles away one way in CO) and estimated hotel, fuel, trailer rental, time etc. and it did not make sense to buy out of state.

It took a couple trips to another dealer to understand "no dealer markup" meant you had to buy a Jackson turbo at near 6k plus 1k install. On the first trip it wasn't clear they wouldn't sell a non turbo version. They had 4 allotted this month and already sold plus had a waiting list for subsequent months.

On a side note the dealer just sold a couple of 4 seaters, non live, to a company down in the same town I have a house at in Mexico. They plan on using them for tourists/rentals (as i understood him) and didn't want to pay the extra for live valves.

Hey, wouldn't you want to go here (older photos, still looks exactly like this)? A different kind of beauty. Just don't go during holidays or stay out of town when that happens. Quiet and peaceful change to stupid loud and crazy.

I've learned quite a bit here. Thanks to all the contributors!

Mexico 2009 spring break 162 New kittens and Oct san felipe 085 New kittens and Oct san felipe 102 New kittens and Oct san felipe 144 New kittens and Oct san felipe 184

Last edited:
O

OCCanuck

Feb 19, 2021
Orange County, CA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes. $2450 which was the best locally available at ~10%. Other dealers in the area are charging up to ~18-20% ADM. Plus I can have it in a few weeks. Dealer says the only way these are obtained in this area now is to order and claim before arrival. After researching I believe it. They are spoken for, before they arrive at the dealer, in CA. It seems each dealer is provided a monthly allotment.

When I started this I said no freakin' way would I pay over MSRP. I'm 65, two months retired, so I took the buy and en before I die approach. I balanced purchases in other states (closest was 800 miles away one way in CO) and estimated hotel, fuel, trailer rental, time etc. and it did not make sense to buy out of state.

It took a couple trips to another dealer to understand "no dealer markup" meant you had to buy a Jackson turbo at near 6k plus 1k install. On the first trip it wasn't clear they wouldn't sell a non turbo version. They had 4 allotted this month and already sold plus had a waiting list for subsequent months.

On a side note the dealer just sold a couple of 4 seaters, non live, to a company down in the same town I have a house at in Mexico. They plan on using them for tourists/rentals (as i understood him) and didn't want to pay the extra for live valves.

Hey, wouldn't you want to go here (older photos, still looks exactly like this)? A different kind of beauty. Just don't go during holidays or stay out of town when that happens. Quiet and peaceful change to stupid loud and crazy.

View attachment 259712 View attachment 259714 View attachment 259715 View attachment 259716 View attachment 259717
honda yamaha of Redlands claims to have one for only $890 over MSRP. However, I have not contacted them to see if they require any upgrades to qualify for that price.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
honda yamaha of Redlands claims to have one for only $890 over MSRP. However, I have not contacted them to see if they require any upgrades to qualify for that price.
Let me know how that works out for you. We are close enough that the distance is a non factor. That's a significant difference between your quoted ADM and mine ($1530 difference). Again, my quote is on a 2021 4 seat live valve and it's from Fun Bike Center in Kearny Mesa.

C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

When I started this I said no freakin' way would I pay over MSRP. I'm 65, two months retired, so I took the buy and enjoy before I die approach. I balanced purchases in other states (closest was 800 miles away one way in CO) and estimated hotel, fuel, trailer rental, time etc. and it did not make sense to buy out of state.

Your situation in CA is exactly what is happening in AZ. Everything is claimed before the dealer even gets them so of course the markup is not surprising. I don’t like it one bit, but if people are willing to pay for it, what can you really say? No? That just means the rig will sell above MSRP to the next person in line.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Your situation in CA is exactly what is happening in AZ. Everything is claimed before the dealer even gets them so of course the markup is not surprising. I don’t like it one bit, but if people are willing to pay for it, what can you really say? No? That just means the rig will sell above MSRP to the next person in line.
Or out of state if you can find a better deal that works for you. You are probably ~500 miles closer to possibilities than I am and it may make sense for you. I'm sure you will find the right or acceptable solution eventually.

B

Bob1000r

Feb 2, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Centennial mostly. We trailhead off of 40 so we don't get beat up trailering the dirt roads.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

Bob1000r

Feb 2, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Believe me you will know when you see us, she runs the light bar pink, can't miss her and I'm usually ahead making sure the blind corners are clear so she can drift them. Lol

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Believe me you will know when you see us, she runs the light bar pink, can't miss her and I'm usually ahead making sure the blind corners are clear so she can drift them. Lol
Hahaha yeah didn't have a pink light bar, alright I go to the wanderinggrass trail head

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ride the power lines and the north side of the powerlines bunch of trails there. Most dirt bikes stay on the other side.
I go there with the ATVs but since they don't allow UTVs even that UTVs do use it. I stay away with a 68 inch wide machine.

B

Bob1000r

Feb 2, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ride the power lines and the north side of the powerlines bunch of trails there. Most dirt bikes stay on the other side.
You got to go to centennial trail. Its a blast about 40 miles if you go all the way around. We usually stop for a while at the lake and big scub campground. Always go the day after heavy rains.

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
You got to go to centennial trail. Its a blast about 40 miles if you go all the way around. We usually stop for a while at the lake and big scub campground. Always go the day after heavy rains.
Its it pretty dry there? Don't like all the mud. Thats why I like wanderinggrass

BlackCSVT

BlackCSVT

Jan 14, 2021
Vail, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I’m new and on the hunt for a 1000x-4 live valve. In AZ, no one has them/sold out months in advanced. On a waiting list and was quoted 27K after all the lovely tax, title, license, destination and delivery fees. Supply and demand indeed...
If you don’t mind the wait (probably 4-5 months) try Cochise Motorsports. My 1000x-4 LV is $25700 out the door

Reactions: sandbaja
C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you don’t mind the wait (probably 4-5 months) try Cochise Motorsports. My 1000x-4 LV is $25700 out the door
Thanks! They were mentioned in another thread as well and I just reached out to them today. Crossing my fingers! Another dealer in AZ in Parker quoted me a firm 27353.91 out the door for a unit arriving in June with a non-refundable deposit if I wanted to claim it. I passed because a dealership in Phoenix quoted me the same with a refundable deposit and a mid May possible delivery. That annoyed me I won’t lie. The mark up I get, but to make any deposit non-refundable for 0 effort on the dealerships part, and the fact that it’s not like the rig is even taking up floor space today, and when you know it’ll sell the moment someone backs out is just shady.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!