BOX1

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Came home to this today, my awesome wife got it for my birthday. Drove around a little, can't wait to try the ocala trails.

20210223 212547

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I can tell you around our neck of the woods: it depends who you ask.

The best I can tell "dealer invoice" is a BS number the dealer is able to use to pretend they are giving machines away. I know for a fact that in the auto industry that's how it works: dealer invoice is a number used as a bargaining chip, but its not true dealer cost.

I had some dealers tell me the volume guys get a kick back, some guys tell me they are getting the product cheaper, etc. Everyone had their own little spin on it.

My favorite was "Abernathy's must be buying wrecked units at a special dealer only auction- that's how they sell all those soo cheap. Then they do repairs and sell them as new products. They retain the factory warranty but I wouldn't want one" :rolleyes: Honda must be dropping a LOT of Pioneers off the side of semi-trucks of that's the case :D
Very informative & funny, thanks!

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I was just quoted $23,999 +940 delivery charge PLUS $2420 build price for a Talon 4 seater live valve. It would be a cold day in heck before I would agree to that.

S

SteveJ

Apr 9, 2017
SE Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I paid 20,500 out the door for my 2021 Talon X in upper Michigan. Not bad considering SE Michigan including NW Ohio were all quoting freight and prep plus MSRP...

Reactions: sandbaja and TimG
C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m new and on the hunt for a 1000x-4 live valve. In AZ, no one has them/sold out months in advanced. On a waiting list and was quoted 27K after all the lovely tax, title, license, destination and delivery fees. Supply and demand indeed...

R

rsides

Sep 25, 2020
Jasper, AL
Ownership

1. Talon X
Canakii - just my thoughts but I'd widen my search parameter with the notion of traveling a few states away, picking up new ride from dealer, spending a few days riding, eat and lodge well, keep the truck well fueled and still return home with a couple thousand in savings. AR, TN and MS each have dealers that will smoke your deal and lots of good riding ... esp TN. But then I'm retired and love to travel and ride.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
Canakii - just my thoughts but I'd widen my search parameter with the notion of traveling a few states away, picking up new ride from dealer, spending a few days riding, eat and lodge well, keep the truck well fueled and still return home with a couple thousand in savings. AR, TN and MS each have dealers that will smoke your deal and lots of good riding ... esp TN. But then I'm retired and love to travel and ride.
Can't disagree...this idea is in the back of my mind for future consideration. Not sure i want to drive out to TN but perhaps closer is an option.

Reactions: TimG
R

rsides

Sep 25, 2020
Jasper, AL
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ha, I hear you. Just crossing Texas alone is a pain. Seems all utv's are hot ticket items everywhere and more so in AZ I'm sure given its beauty, available ride areas, covid... Love to be out your way right now but probably ride Windrock (TN) again next...never fails to please. Good luck on your search.

C

Conakii

Mar 8, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Excellent advice, and something I’ll certainly consider. Unfortunately I’m still a slave to the daily work grind and don‘t have the luxury of taking off a big enough chunk of time to both pickup a new ride as well as ride for a few days. Though I’m not entirely opposed to consider making it a turn around trip if the cost savings is there. Definitely something to explore.

Reactions: TimG and JenElio
sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I was quoted $25,300 out the door for a base model 1000x. They are tacking $2500 on top of MSRP here in OC. I declined their offer.
I'd like to be the fly on the wall when Honda internally discusses missed sales projections due to product logistic and supplier issues.

I can't fault dealers for pricing whatever the market will bear. I don't like it but I understand it, knowing it's still my choice to purchase or not.

Kudos to Honda for building US mostly (other than made in Japan engine), now they need to fix the supply chain.

Reactions: JenElio
Ed_JMHondaMiami

Ed_JMHondaMiami

Mar 9, 2021
Miami
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Hello my name is Ed from JM Honda of Miami
I’m glad to announce we have received delivery of the 2021 Honda Talon-4 seater TODAY !!! and still have a few 2021 Honda Talon-2 Seater. All available today.
call anytime with questions, (786)713-0628

DSC02411 DSC02430 DSC02509

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV
I just put a down payment on a 2021 4 seat live valve from a local dealer. After researching and shopping a month I have a greater appreciation and understanding of the market. I should have it within the month, just in time for my 2nd trip down into Baja, along the Sea of Cortez. It will be replacing my baja bug.

20180327 184716 OpacitySan Felipe 059

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!