P1000 What Size Vent lines and how many feet?

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many people on here running bellows instead of the vent tube extension?

Thinking bellows hooked in the ends of all the stock vent lines and just one line for the fuel tank up into ropes

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Thinking bellows hooked in the ends of all the stock vent lines and just one line for the fuel tank up into ropes
Don't do that.. use the search function and you'll see why.

Reactions: sharp and utvmi
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I used bellows for 700 miles. It worked good for me for everything except for the rear diff. Too much pressure and it pushed the pinion seal out. It was a cheap fix but time consuming.

I still have the bellow on the cable box.

Reactions: sharp and utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used bellows for 700 miles. It worked good for me for everything except for the rear diff. Too much pressure and it pushed the pinion seal out. It was a cheap fix but time consuming.

I still have the bellow on the cable box.
Ok I really don't need that headache , I will go the tube route..Thanks

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out my page for ideas I have 4 separate vents for 6 components.

Ok so I purchased the vent tube kit from Bayouownbeer. After reading the last few post I'm in question on my setup. I ran the gas line separate and tied the rest together. I had an uneasy feeling doing so, but followed the directions or so I thought I did. The kit only came with two filters so this assured me that I did it right. My question is will everything vent properly this way or would I be best to separate some of Them?

J

JTW

Ok so I purchased the vent tube kit from Bayouownbeer. After reading the last few post I'm in question on my setup. I ran the gas line separate and tied the rest together. I had an uneasy feeling doing so, but followed the directions or so I thought I did. The kit only came with two filters so this assured me that I did it right. My question is will everything vent properly this way or would I be best to separate some of Them?
Sounds like you bought the same kit I did... I thought it was from @Bayouownbeer too... but it was another guy. It works fine though.. I see no reason to need individual vents.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you bought the same kit I did... I thought it was from @Bayouownbeer too... but it was another guy. It works fine though.. I see no reason to need individual vents.
Only disadvantage would be if you would happen to damage a vent the more components you have tied together to more will be affected.

Reactions: utvmi and JTW
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wasn't my kit I use 4 vents. I feel better about not haveing so many components on the same vent incase it gets damaged, comes loose. Gets penched what ever.

Reactions: utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wrong the kit was from another member. Think I'll reconfigure my setup just for more piece of mind. Thanks for the feedback.
Just about done with mine and I did them all separate , uses more tubing but my thoughts where that's safest route and that how the Factory has it also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!