P500 What slip on Muffler?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So for the guys that have done this what's your recommendation? Also should I gut the cat, kill the cat.....or leave the cat alone .

My initial thinking is to replace everything down stream (including) the cat, leaving the O2 sensor in place. Then install a Dobeck AFR along with a different air filter. The end game is to have more ponies and torque especially low to mid power band.

Thanks,

j

Reactions: trigger
Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
In order for the new muffler to fit you must cut off cat. Cut mine at that exact spot. Had to grind 2 cuts into muffler pipe to hammer down to a smaller opening and weld. Then skis over and weld on. Used a wet rag to shield engine. Had to make a little bracket for one mount. And the other reached after bending the mount at rear of machine.

I bought the hmf pro for foreman500. Pro had biggest power gain. Claimed 4hp

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Some pics

20160828 081939 20160828 082242 20160827 232848 20160827 232356 20160827 232423

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Nice work Talen, thanks for sharing the fit looks great. I'll look into finding an HMF Pro... significantly louder than stock? Did you install a programmer and aftermarket air filter? Pleased with results and worth the effort?

I'm a little puzzled and of course disappointed that the aftermarket has not made one for our P500 after 3 years in, whats up with that?

Thanks again,

j

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Nice work Talen, thanks for sharing the fit looks great. I'll look into finding an HMF Pro... significantly louder than stock? Did you install a programmer and aftermarket air filter? Pleased with results and worth the effort?

I'm a little puzzled and of course disappointed that the aftermarket has not made one for our P500 after 3 years in, whats up with that?

Thanks again,

j
I have not yet done filter or programmer. But power in rease is noticeable. Definately allows for more hill climbing in 3rd gear

Reactions: JCart
RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
How much louder is it than stock?

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Oh its louder. But if you're a pleasure rider, trail rider, who cares. If this is a hunting buggy, don't do it.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Oh its louder. But if you're a pleasure rider, trail rider, who cares. If this is a hunting buggy, don't do it.
Ok dang that kinda answers my question on the racket factor. Mmmm Had a SuperTrapp on my Rubicon, with a filter and jet kit made significant increase of usable power and the volume of noise was really nice. Not too obnoxious and low throttle was almost like stock, that's what I'm kinda looking at, as this is a hunting and do everything buggy.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just picked up a new muffler for mine.... cost me $0. My friend has a VFR800 (Honda interceptor) sport bike. He put an aftermarket pipe on it years ago. His stock pipe has been sitting in his garage since. It's chrome, but made of stainless steel. Looks brand new. Almost the same size as the p5 muffler and probably at least as heavy. But, it should flow better since it was on a 100+ horsepower motorcycle. The outlet is twice the size of the stock p5 pipe. It looks sweet, and it won't be too loud. And no CAT. Planning on taking it to a local shop to have it welded up. They are custom stainless exhaust experts. I'll post up when I have updates.... I'm excited to finally get this done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just picked up a new muffler for mine.... cost me $0. My friend has a VFR800 (Honda interceptor) sport bike. He put an aftermarket pipe on it years ago. His stock pipe has been sitting in his garage since. It's chrome, but made of stainless steel. Looks brand new. Almost the same size as the p5 muffler and probably at least as heavy. But, it should flow better since it was on a 100+ horsepower motorcycle. The outlet is twice the size of the stock p5 pipe. It looks sweet, and it won't be too loud. And no CAT. Planning on taking it to a local shop to have it welded up. They are custom stainless exhaust experts. I'll post up when I have updates.... I'm excited to finally get this done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to let us hear it!

Reactions: JCart and ehart814

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!