What tube to use as a back up?

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was thinking about buying a couple of tubes to have to put in a tire if I run into a hole or gash I can't fix. I'm running stock tires/Rims on my Talon X. The tires are 28x 9 and 28 x 11, both R15. I can't seem to find tubes the same size of the tire. Or do I need them smaller? I've never messed with putting tubes in. I have had a tire shop put them on my RZR one time. Useful input would be appreciated. Thanks!

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was thinking about buying a couple of tubes to have to put in a tire if I run into a hole or gash I can't fix. I'm running stock tires/Rims on my Talon X. The tires are 28x 9 and 28 x 11, both R15. I can't seem to find tubes the same size of the tire. Or do I need them smaller? I've never messed with putting tubes in. I have had a tire shop put them on my RZR one time. Useful input would be appreciated. Thanks!

28X9X15 is approximately a 225/75-R15
28X11X15 is approximately a 275/60-R15

The MR-14/15 tube is the closest you will find that will fit both tires. It will certainly do in a pinch to get you home...

Oreilly even has them...

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
28X9X15 is approximately a 225/75-R15
28X11X15 is approximately a 275/60-R15

The MR-14/15 tube is the closest you will find that will fit both tires. It will certainly do in a pinch to get you home...

Oreilly even has them...
Thanks!! That is what I needed.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!