What windshield that works good with a Moose Roof?

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
Santa left me some $ for a new windshield for my 2017 pioneer 500. What windshield that works good with a Moose Roof?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have a Moose folding windshield with an EMP roof, but I'm sure it would work with a Moose roof
See P500 - Windshield and hood problem post #6 for photos and how I mounted it.
I was looking at this weld brand windshield. It looks like the bottom flips up instead of the top flipping down.

Honda Pioneer 500 Clear Front Folding Windshield.. A Full 1/4" THICK!!! | eBay

Would that be enough breeze to be comfortable in the summer?

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I was looking at this weld brand windshield. It looks like the bottom flips up instead of the top flipping down.

Honda Pioneer 500 Clear Front Folding Windshield.. A Full 1/4" THICK!!! | eBay

Would that be enough breeze to be comfortable in the summer?

That looks interesting, I have never seen a windshield flip up before, it would certainly make access to front easier, but I would contact the manufacturer to see how it is secured in the folded position.
I'm not sure how much breeze you would get and if it would be enough, personally I like folding the upper portion down to get the wind in my face in the summer.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: GaryG
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I just ordered one and got the scratch resistant one.
Thank you for the recommendation.
You will love it.

Polished mine with Maguire's plastic polish and much better but still wish I would have paid for scratch resistant. Its a great windshield that allows you to remove hood and I have towed it both up and down at 70mph.

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like the wiper you installed on yours? What model is it and can you let the windshield down with the wiper mounted on it?

My windshield is arriving today. I was looking at the small piece of windshield that is under the roof does each of the top corners share a clamp with windshield?
Mount

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
How do you like the wiper you installed on yours? What model is it and can you let the windshield down with the wiper mounted on it?

My windshield is arriving today. I was looking at the small piece of windshield that is under the roof does each of the top corners share a clamp with windshield?
View attachment 60774
I will have to look but I do believe they share a clamp, like the wiper its a EMP(extreme metal products) 12" and all you have to do is move the blade down and you can fold the windshield like normal as it mounts through the fixed lower section.

advertisement
GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
KYhillbilly I am having trouble getting the middle support to line up with the hole in the middle part of the windshield.

and do I have to top piece turned the correct direction.

Image4
Image3
Image2
Image1

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
KYhillbilly I am having trouble getting the middle support to line up with the hole in the middle part of the windshield.

and do I have to top piece turned the correct direction.

View attachment 60820 View attachment 60821 View attachment 60822 View attachment 60823
you have it correct just may have to bend the end of the bracket a little to change the angle to get it line up perfectly. I vary rarely hook up my center bracket. The p500 isn't fast enough to really need it, only if trailering with window up which I never do. Here is a link to video from them on installing the windshield. I also put a little piece of weatherstripping on the bracket so it doesn't scratch the upper section if it were to hit it.

http://www.utvwindshieldsandaccessories.com/videos/

GaryG

GaryG

Oct 20, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 500
you have it correct just may have to bend the end of the bracket a little to change the angle to get it line up perfectly. I vary rarely hook up my center bracket. The p500 isn't fast enough to really need it, only if trailering with window up which I never do. Here is a link to video from them on installing the windshield. I also put a little piece of weatherstripping on the bracket so it doesn't scratch the upper section if it were to hit it.

http://www.utvwindshieldsandaccessories.com/videos/

Thank you I’ll try and find something to bend the bracket over.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!