Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I will just have to drive them both... BUT... I’m pretty sure I want the Honda. Definitely better priced. I am just not 100% on the dct transmission... I need to surf the forum a little more. I wish the p700 deluxe had a rear unlocker!
Just drive it like you’re pulling a trailer and you’ll be fine. The 700 is great, I still miss mine now and then.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That’s true, I’d like to say my son rides back there but he doesn’t. The front bench on the 1000 has enough room for three people to ride pretty comfortably.
Don't know if 3 of me could ride up front. Unless we all liked being creeped on ala @JTW .

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just drive it like you’re pulling a trailer and you’ll be fine. The 700 is great, I still miss mine now and then.
Yeah I just sold my 700-4... I wish I had bought the deluxe, hated my aftermarket wheels, and hated my zilla tires and how with the offset my bike was covered with mud all the time! I also hated how loud it was at 30 or so mph. Definitely not getting another 700... It’s weird but I miss it at the same time!! LoL!!!!!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I just sold my 700-4... I wish I had bought the deluxe, hated my aftermarket wheels, and hated my zilla tires and how with the offset my bike was covered with mud all the time! I also hated how loud it was at 30 or so mph. Definitely not getting another 700... It’s weird but I miss it at the same time!! LoL!!!!!!
If it's any consolation, it would have been covered in mud with the stock wheels as well. Honda hasn't yet gotten the finer points of SxS design. Went riding with a buddy in a viking during a rare, wet, sloppy day in AZ. I was covered. He was basically bone dry from the cage in.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then you'd be in the "f*** 'em" group.

How many miles is that?
Yeah...the Kawi is a b**** to get to the belt.

I forget the math but I think it's like 7-15 miles per each hour on the clock average, depends how you ride (slow 4-wheeling like you/us or fast haul ass) but on average. So 200 hours is a bunch, but it will happen.
Also I don't remember but isn't the Kawi belt wet? If it is that's another issue to deal with in the field, in my personal experience it was easier to tow it back to camp then get it to a mechanic, but these eastern mid-west guys look forward to over hauling s--t on the trail :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Rode with a couple Tyrex, they are dependable but not even in same ballpark. I couldn’t in good faith suggest that over Pioneer to someone I didn’t like.
Fight should be between Wolverine-4 and Pioneer. Wolvie is really nice in a lot of ways. I definitely can see where some would choose it. When having issues with our last Pioneer and it was down we ran Wolverine hard and almost signed on the line, but we would’ve missed the Pioneer, Wolverine 4 just wasn’t for us so we bought a third Pioneer 1000. Everything worked out, glad we stayed. We liked our 700-4 too though, miss it sometimes but very happy the 1000 overall

Last edited:
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I forget the math but I think it's like 7-15 miles per each hour on the clock average, depends how you ride (slow 4-wheeling like you/us or fast haul ass) but on average. So 200 hours is a bunch, but it will happen.
Also I don't remember but isn't the Kawi belt wet? If it is that's another issue to deal with in the field, in my personal experience it was easier to tow it back to camp then get it to a mechanic, but these eastern mid-west guys look forward to over hauling s--t on the trail :D
changed 3 belts on the sand bar this last summer. 1 polaris 1 can am and the tyrex4. lent them my tools and watched them work. apparently keeping a belt on the bike only helps when you have the tools to change it. from the honda guy

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
the thing i have seen about the tyrex4 over all the others is they havent had the axle issues the others have. i have seen quite a few around but the majority around me are polaris and canam. for mud riding. and they are always snapping axles and burning belts. so far iv only seen 1 belt on the tyrex go and he was right at the 200 hr mark.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the thing i have seen about the tyrex4 over all the others is they havent had the axle issues the others have. i have seen quite a few around but the majority around me are polaris and canam. for mud riding. and they are always snapping axles and burning belts. so far iv only seen 1 belt on the tyrex go and he was right at the 200 hr mark.

The Kawasaki isn’t overpowered either, the 783cc engine accompanied by the belt drive probably play a big factor in not snapping axles.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I considered the kawi for a minute. A guy i know had the exact one you pictured. I got to look it over good. the main draw to it for me was the price, 3 year warranty, and the nice equipment it comes with. I don't consider my friends review of the machine because he only had it a year and bought a razor 1000 highlifter. he rides about 200 miles a year. I ride closer to 2000.
as far as the transmission, think about it like this:

Cars with CVT - Civic Hybrid, Suzuki cars, Nissan cars, etc
Cars with DCT - Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Mclaren, etc

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I considered the kawi for a minute. A guy i know had the exact one you pictured. I got to look it over good. the main draw to it for me was the price, 3 year warranty, and the nice equipment it comes with. I don't consider my friends review of the machine because he only had it a year and bought a razor 1000 highlifter. he rides about 200 miles a year. I ride closer to 2000.
as far as the transmission, think about it like this:

Cars with CVT - Civic Hybrid, Suzuki cars, Nissan cars, etc
Cars with DCT - Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, Mclaren, etc
Agreed

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I will just have to drive them both... BUT... I’m pretty sure I want the Honda. Definitely better priced. I am just not 100% on the dct transmission... I need to surf the forum a little more. I wish the p700 deluxe had a rear unlocker!
Why? Dct has been out for 4 years now...they had some problems early on but has been remedied since. Mine is a 16 and still on original clutches and haven't had the update. Ive not been easy on it either.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My take on the teryx:

Less power (bogs easier, not as fast)
Louder
More vibration
Potential belt issues

Only thing I see better than a pioneer is the storage capacity.

S

Sr56

May 6, 2019
Murfreesboro
I went thru this also last year looking at the Teryx 4 deluxe or whatever it is called and the Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe.

The Honda won out for the dump bed, hauling and towing capacity and people hauling. Plus I realized I’m a Honda guy.

Have had two wheelers, 2 lawn mowers, 3 cars and a Dewalt pressure washer with a Honda motor. Next time I trade pontoon boats I’m looking for a Honda, in the meantime the Suzuki works just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!