Multi What You Think?

T

TheHammerhead

Dec 1, 2018
Peoria
Ownership

1. Talon R
Depends on your use, but overall P1k outshines Teyrx. P1k has more power better weight carrying and a bulletproof driveline with better reliability. Tows better and is just cooler. I regularly ride my P1k with a guy in a teryx and I go places he can’t. I like to think it’s my ability but reality is the Honda is a better machine. Make sure you get the fox shock package, it’s money you’ll never regrets spending.

R

Rxtim83

Jul 10, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the same dilemma. I went with Honda. I have two kids and the seats are just fine for them. The kicker for me was the full size bed with the seats down. It was the most versatile machine I could find that I could use for hunting, around the house, or ride all 4 of us in pretty decent comfort.... without getting the enormous ranger crew or something like that. The 1000-5 has been a great machine so far. We’ve rode about 100 miles together and I’ve put probably 20 on it during hunting season. Did both tasks just fine for me. I looked at the wolverine x4 also, but couldn’t get past the rickety sliding rear seats. They felt like junk honestly.

E

Etexas

Oct 16, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Another vote for the Wolverine X4 kawi shouldn’t even be in the discussion. I own a old 650 brute force still drive it some but man is it loud.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I kinda of already know most folks on here’s answer... But I’m really struggling between these two sxs.... I love both! The teryx just doesn’t have turf mode and is a little louder. I am worried about the heat from the p1000 on the rear seats. I’m torn...

View attachment 175496 View attachment 175497
I can’t speak to the Kawasaki but my passengers in my P1K-5 raise HELL about the heat.

Reactions: JTW and TripleB
NielsC

NielsC

Nov 28, 2019
Prescott, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I kinda of already know most folks on here’s answer... But I’m really struggling between these two sxs.... I love both! The teryx just doesn’t have turf mode and is a little louder. I am worried about the heat from the p1000 on the rear seats. I’m torn...

There is no resale value to the Kawasaki, they are a lot cheaper, for a reason. You are comparing apples and oranges. They are not even in the same class.

Reactions: TimG and TripleB
K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I've owned my Pioneer 1000-5 Delux since July. I haven't ridden for long periods of time in real hot weather and can't comment on heat. But my limited experience, it isn't that bad. I didn't do a lot of brand comparison because I have been a Honda motorcycle owner for 50 years. They simply run. Keep oil in them and add gasoline. I liked the rear seat design and the low noise from the engine/drivetrain for easy conversation cruising at 30 mph without straining your voice. Honda seems to typically have simple effective designs with their machines which helps with reliability and serviceability.

S

ShooterM

Apr 3, 2019
Bemidji, MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I have the Pioneer 1000 and the heat is not that big of an issue. You can certainly deal with it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The heat up front is bearable even when it's hot as long as u have no windshield or a flip up windshield. I aslo put a layer of foil insulation under front seat. I got a fan under there too but I never run it. I put foil insulation under rear seats and got some seat cushions for the rear. The foil will have to help with the steam bath u get from mud puddles and the seat cushions mostly for adults because your knees hurt from the angle you sit. Raising your height alittle helps alot. Cushions have to help we rear heat also. But I had zero passengers in the rear this summer so I cant say for sure.

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If your worried about heat on the Pioneer, its worse on the Treyx. And the damm noise is unbearable.
The heat is worse on the Pioneer 1000. The teryx is no where close to the heat the pioneer puts out. 35-40 minutes of riding and you are roasting in warm weather. No one will want to ride in the rear of a pioneer if it is hot outside. Fact. My friend has the teryx and it does get warm but not hot like the Pioneer. The pioneer blows heat out from behind the front seat and everything is hot to the touch behind there. You can spend about 1000.00 for fans and pipe wrap to try and combat the heat but it does not help when it is warm. Do not listen to anyone that says it changes. If you want to buy a SXS, go to a park and rent one for a day and then make your decision. I would not have bought mine if I had done that. With that said, I have a 2018 with low miles for sale for $14,000. Do not buy an extended warranty either, just get insurance for 35 dollars a month, which will cover everything. Any questions let me know.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The heat is worse on the Pioneer 1000. The teryx is no where close to the heat the pioneer puts out. 35-40 minutes of riding and you are roasting in warm weather. No one will want to ride in the rear of a pioneer if it is hot outside. Fact. My friend has the teryx and it does get warm but not hot like the Pioneer. The pioneer blows heat out from behind the front seat and everything is hot to the touch behind there. You can spend about 1000.00 for fans and pipe wrap to try and combat the heat but it does not help when it is warm. Do not listen to anyone that says it changes. If you want to buy a SXS, go to a park and rent one for a day and then make your decision. I would not have bought mine if I had done that. With that said, I have a 2018 with low miles for sale for $14,000. Do not buy an extended warranty either, just get insurance for 35 dollars a month, which will cover everything. Any questions let me know.
I will give u 10k for it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The heat up front is bearable even when it's hot as long as u have no windshield or a flip up windshield. I aslo put a layer of foil insulation under front seat. I got a fan under there too but I never run it. I put foil insulation under rear seats and got some seat cushions for the rear. The foil will have to help with the steam bath u get from mud puddles and the seat cushions mostly for adults because your knees hurt from the angle you sit. Raising your height alittle helps alot. Cushions have to help we rear heat also. But I had zero passengers in the rear this summer so I cant say for sure.

I have the Pioneer 1000 and the heat is not that big of an issue. You can certainly deal with it.

I gotta agree. We did do a fan in our last machine and it worked well but still haven’t bothered yet in the new one. Sure welcome the heat in winter and night rides. Our Wolverine has no heat and even though it’s nice in summer that machine sucks when it’s cold. Easy to get rid of heat if needed.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've owned my Pioneer 1000-5 Delux since July. I haven't ridden for long periods of time in real hot weather and can't comment on heat. But my limited experience, it isn't that bad. I didn't do a lot of brand comparison because I have been a Honda motorcycle owner for 50 years. They simply run. Keep oil in them and add gasoline. I liked the rear seat design and the low noise from the engine/drivetrain for easy conversation cruising at 30 mph without straining your voice. Honda seems to typically have simple effective designs with their machines which helps with reliability and serviceability.
Well, like you said, you haven’t rode long distances. But you’ll find out, and will likely perform some of the remedies that can be found on this forum to litigate some of that heat. But the back seat riders will always have to just suck it up. :)

Reactions: Backwoods and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I gotta agree. We did do a fan in our last machine and it worked well but still haven’t bothered yet in the new one. Sure welcome the heat in winter and night rides. Our Wolverine has no heat and even though it’s nice in summer that machine sucks when it’s cold. Easy to get rid of heat if needed.
There’s also regional differences. The heat and humidity of the Midwest and south is quite different than the PNW.

Reactions: TimG and Backwoods
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There’s also regional differences. The heat and humidity of the Midwest and south is quite different than the PNW.
Humility is different yes. It does get warm here and we will camp and ride at 100+ when most stay home

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!