Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, like you said, you haven’t rode long distances. But you’ll find out, and will likely perform some of the remedies that can be found on this forum to litigate some of that heat. But the back seat riders will always have to just suck it up. :)
The car fan cooled off the rear seating for the passengers as well. Also aftermarket exhaust helps some.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
...You can spend about 1000.00 for fans and pipe wrap to try and combat the heat but it does not help when it is warm. Do not listen to anyone that says it changes....
Not sure where you get the $1k for "fans and pipe wrap", but you can pick up a few fans for less than $50 on Amazon. Or go with the radiator fan like many on here have done for even cheaper. It definitely makes a noticeable difference in temps (there are a number of threads here with proof via temp guns), but it is never going to be a cool 70* when you're sitting on top of a 1000cc engine.

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not sure where you get the $1k for "fans and pipe wrap", but you can pick up a few fans for less than $50 on Amazon. Or go with the radiator fan like many on here have done for even cheaper. It definitely makes a noticeable difference in temps (there are a number of threads here with proof via temp guns), but it is never going to be a cool 70* when you're sitting on top of a 1000cc engine.
I wouldn't suggest ever being a salesman. Provide the links with temperatures and I will disprove it. The fan that mounts underneath above the motor is $400-500. If you buy good quality wrap it will be around 100. Go ahead and figure labor at whatever you charge and you will be close to 1000 dollars and a SXS that still blazes temps in the summer. I only speak truth, no need to lie.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wouldn't suggest ever being a salesman. Provide the links with temperatures and I will disprove it. The fan that mounts underneath above the motor is $400-500. If you buy good quality wrap it will be around 100. Go ahead and figure labor at whatever you charge and you will be close to 1000 dollars and a SXS that still blazes temps in the summer. I only speak truth, no need to lie.
What in the f*** are you talking about??

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not calling you a liar..but you are wrong. Do some searching on here and you will see most of us have cured the heat issue with bilge fans or 8 in radiator style fans and some foil faced heat barrier for 100 bucks or less.

J

JTW

Less than $100 fixed mine and I don’t need to pay someone to do something I’m more than able to accomplish.

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not calling you a liar..but you are wrong. Do some searching on here and you will see most of us have cured the heat issue with bilge fans or 8 in radiator style fans and some foil faced heat barrier for 100 bucks or less.
I would like to see the heat issue that has been cured. I challenge you to Windrock or whichever park when it is 80-90 degrees out and show your heat issue is cured. As for the 100 dollar fix, 100 dollar parts do not last when you are riding through mud and water. That is a fact, so if you have to replace them all the time you would equal the 1000 or more. The only logical answer is to install an AC unit like Polaris has available if they make them.

J

JTW

I would like to see the heat issue that has been cured. I challenge you to Windrock or whichever park when it is 80-90 degrees out and show your heat issue is cured. As for the 100 dollar fix, 100 dollar parts do not last when you are riding through mud and water. That is a fact, so if you have to replace them all the time you would equal the 1000 or more. The only logical answer is to install an AC unit like Polaris has available if they make them.
Mine has been in 2-3 years... that’s where we ride and it works great. I have a feeling you just like to b****..

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Sounds like you should have bought a Jeep, but I'm no salesman...

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine has been in 2-3 years... that’s where we ride and it works great. I have a feeling you just like to b****..
I guess what you call b******* is not telling the truth. The fact is that most side by sides get hot. Everyone will tell you that. I asked every Honda rider last May, June, and August at Windrock and RRB and they said it was very hot. No one wanted to ride in the rear seats of my Honda 1000, Canam turbo 4 seater, or my Rzr Turbo 4 seater. That is a fact. The person was asking about what to buy and I told him my opinion. Hopefully this will unwad your panties.....

H

HondaTech

I still wouldnt buy a Teryx, I've been around way too many. They fall apart way too early for me, and make way to much damm noise.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No they do last with cleaning maintenance like anything else. They do not eliminate the heat completely, but these mods mitigate the heat enough to ride and be comfortable. I recommend giving it a go.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
what the F**** is that???
A automotive fan, like what’s been being said. Hooked up to a temperature controlled digital switch. Could set it to come on at certain temps. Would drop interior temp over 20 deg when hot out damn fast. Cost 25$, built three years ago in my second Pioneer 1000, the one before this one. It’s what you say won’t work without 1000$ fix. Although with your couple trips around your yard you seem to know more then many of us with years experience and knowledge on how to do things. You’re right though the whole group is lying to you. :rolleyes:
6AF8C54F CC4C 4D31 9651 5B3F548A602E

2B4002A1 F68F 4E65 BEC0 77D548C2595D

Last edited:
J

JTW

I guess what you call b******* is not telling the truth. The fact is that most side by sides get hot. Everyone will tell you that. I asked every Honda rider last May, June, and August at Windrock and RRB and they said it was very hot. No one wanted to ride in the rear seats of my Honda 1000, Canam turbo 4 seater, or my Rzr Turbo 4 seater. That is a fact. The person was asking about what to buy and I told him my opinion. Hopefully this will unwad your panties.....
I free ball...

S

Sdy250

Mar 12, 2019
Sylva , NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A automotive fan, like what’s been being said. Hooked up to a temperature controlled digital switch. Could set it to come on at certain temps. Would drop interior temp over 20 deg when hot out damn fast. Cost 25$, built three years ago in my second Pioneer 1000, the one before this one. It’s what you say won’t work without 1000$ fix. Although with your couple trips around your yard you seem to know more then many of us with years experience and knowledge on how to do things. You’re right though the whole group is lying to you. :rolleyes:
I only own a refrigeration/hvac business, so I wouldn't know anything, your right. You showed a digital controller reading 99-96 degrees at night, so what point are you trying to prove? 80 degrees outside-ride for 35-40 minutes-then show me the temperature inside your cabin. Is this rocket science??? Am I typing too fast for you????

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!