P1000 Wheel Spacers Needed for 29" tires?

M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Folks,

I am looking at installing 29x11x14 and 29x9x14 on my stock wheels for my 2019 PK5. I have the bighorns in 27" now. The Tusk measure just about 28.5" tall where my bighorns are about 26" however they are a bit used but not wore out by any means. I also have the Fox shock upgrade and adjusted the preload and gained almost 2" in lift overall with just about a 1" turn down on the shock. Sure looks like more than adequate room to run these tires with my setup.

QUESTION is would I need wheel spacers to help with the clearance and stability? Maybe 1" on the front and 1.5" on the rear to even it out. Also I have read about excess wear on components when using spacers? What are the thoughts on this?
20240505 160220
20240505 160231

I have searched and read some about this on this forum, but would like to be specific for my setup.

I have attached pics of my rig,

Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have searched and read some about this on this forum, but would like to be specific for my setup.
If your specific set up wasn't in the search you might be the first cuz weve covered wheels and tires like Taylor Swift has men lol.

Now, as for spacers on a P1 with what you have. Id recommend it with just 1” all the way around to keep the correct track since your using stock wheels. Many when they upgrade wheels on a P1 do the same size wheel all the way around and the 1&1-1/2 spacer fixes that track. The spacers will help with turning radius rub only and give u more stability and a cooler look. Anyway, If I was you I would put the new skins on and test it first before getting the spacers and see how u like it first. Not all rigs are created equal

Reactions: PJon and Rayger143
M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spacers will help with stability but don't always help with clearance, depends where the pinch points are. Spacers don't add anymore wear and tear than offset wheels but either way adding poke is going to put a little more stress on things.
Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: trigger
M

madmax

Oct 16, 2019
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your specific set up wasn't in the search you might be the first cuz weve covered wheels and tires like Taylor Swift has men lol.

Now, as for spacers on a P1 with what you have. Id recommend it with just 1” all the way around to keep the correct track since your using stock wheels. Many when they upgrade wheels on a P1 do the same size wheel all the way around and the 1&1-1/2 spacer fixes that track. The spacers will help with turning radius rub only and give u more stability and a cooler look. Anyway, If I was you I would put the new skins on and test it first before getting the spacers and see how u like it first. Not all rigs are created equal
Yes, maybe just 1" all the way around would work better as using the stock wheels. I will get some tires and go from there, but like the idea of a little stability.
Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!