P1000 Where are the reviews on Pioneer 1000?

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about cab heat? Once someone gets a roof and windshield, I'd really like an honest opinion. That's my only concern and probably a deal breaker any other bigger bores I've rode in will cook you out.
No heat on my machine. I rode 40 miles In the Mojave desert southwest Utah yesterday and had the best ride ever. I did not notice any heat under my seat or from seat back. I was doing some testing for that and had planned to insulate with dynamat material. Since I don't have my roof and windshield yet. I will wait. Everyone needs to find the biggest steepest trail and go down it in low. I tried to video but it didn't take. All I am sayin is my engine did all the work kept me at 4 mph slowly down a steep hill never had to brake. I am so impressed with my p1k.

Last edited:
advertisement
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Finally got to demo a pioneer 1000-5 today. Drove it as hard as I could on a decent track. Have to say the transmission sure drives different than my teryx. It shifts alot I hope its durable.For some reason I thought the gauge display was going to be bigger . Alot of info on it . Feeling of free wheeling and not slowing down with cvt when you let of gas will take some getting used too as well as shifting or running in auto. I can tell already low is plenty for trail and mud riding, wont even need high unless take road home but who does that.Bench seat was more comfortable than i had expected. Rear seatbelts do not work for little kids why they make big steel arms that the hold the seatbelt latch is crazy they stick up and lap belts basically go around their waists.Could it hurt to just have the latch on a belt.Teryx is bad too its on a stiff cable. We really liked it over all some rattling in the back area not sure if everything was latched correctly or whatever hope to get ours soon.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got to demo a pioneer 1000-5 today. Drove it as hard as I could on a decent track. Have to say the transmission sure drives different than my teryx. It shifts alot I hope its durable.For some reason I thought the gauge display was going to be bigger . Alot of info on it . Feeling of free wheeling and not slowing down with cvt when you let of gas will take some getting used too as well as shifting or running in auto. I can tell already low is plenty for trail and mud riding, wont even need high unless take road home but who does that.Bench seat was more comfortable than i had expected. Rear seatbelts do not work for little kids why they make big steel arms that the hold the seatbelt latch is crazy they stick up and lap belts basically go around their waists.Could it hurt to just have the latch on a belt.Teryx is bad too its on a stiff cable. We really liked it over all some rattling in the back area not sure if everything was latched correctly or whatever hope to get ours soon.
Booster seat for the kids? That's my plan for my 5 and 3 yr old.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
Just got my deluxe late saturday afternoon. only have @50 miles on it but here are my thought so far:

1) Most importantly , it has cup holders in the dash LOL
2) Much roomier than the 700 and the tilt steering makes it even more comfortable.
3)They got rid of the seat bar, but where the door latch is sticks out . Its better than the seat bar but still in the way
4) Plenty of power, no worries there
5) tranny shifts unbelievably smooth. If it werent for the little klunk sound i wouldnt know it shifted at all sometimes. Its seems to alway be in the right gear
6) low range seems plenty low to me, i see where some were looking for it to be lower but i cant imagine why. At least not yet
7) its pretty quiet. I havent installed the roof yet so i will see how that effects it.
8) I did not notice alot of heat coming from the seat, seems much better than the 700 so far. I still only have 50 miles on it but it was 90 outside here yesterday and i was fine. Will have to see how it is during summer
9) power steering is great. i cant go back to a non eps sxs after this.( i was one of the " why do you need power steering in an off road atv/utv people " ) I get it now .
10) its pretty quick, had it up to 65 in no time.
11) shifting to lock 2wd or in to 4wd seems to engage quicker at a slow roll with no load on. At a stop it takes awhile for it to show on the dash
12) did i mention it has plenty of power!!
13) No e-brake . i love not having a caliper to drag on the driveshaft

Thats all for now and again only about 50 miles on it. I reserve the right to change my mind later on if anything changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beastburner
Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
25 miles on mine so far just putting around my 2 acres and some time on the county roads. I did seed and drag a 1 acre disced field. Observations:
1) the transmission is spot on 99% of the time, the ability to paddle shift while in auto makes it perfect.
2) I've only driven it hard a few times, but I'm not a fan of the sport mode, feels like I'm going to blow it up LOL. It's probably just me being over protective of it since it's so new.
3) the suspension is pretty good for stock unit shocks.
4) it's quiet and vibration free
5) low range is more than low enough for anything but maybe full on rock crawling.
6) fit and finish is great, mildly disappointed in the black plastic the bed and doors is made of. The Polaris seems to use a sturdier plastic in these areas, but I'm sure it's more than fine.
7) the EPS and paddle shift is worth the coin. I wasn't crazy about the EPS, but the paddle shifting allows you to lock it in a gear for utility type work.
8) with the 28" roctanes and 4+3 wheels is feels even more stable when trying to power slide around the back yard FWIW.
9) I do wish they made the bench seat with some bolstering for the driver and passenger. I know it's a utility buggy, but with that motor is has the capability to go play and some better lateral seat support would be great.
10) on/off throttle at very slow speeds is really jerky (throttle by wire setup). Hopefully this can be tuned better if and when Power Commander comes out with a tuner.
11) I wish they had kept the tapered/narrower roll cage of the 700...just a visual thing.

All is all I couldn't design a better general purpose machine. Crossing my fingers the aftermarket catches up to this one. A tuner and pipe would be nice.

Reactions: Hometeam and cajun2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!