P1000 Where are the reviews on Pioneer 1000?

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also is the 4wd shift on the fly for guys that have already gotten theirs?
You have to stop completely to shift in 4x4 and difflock.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to stop completely to shift in 4x4 and difflock.View attachment 7034
Here is my review as a new owner yesterday. Wow I mean WOW, this thing turns on a dime and gives a nickel change. I took it up to my mountain property yesterday and did some manual reading and then riding. I think it took longer to figure out the anchor point for trailering than it did to pay for it. I anchor at the hitch in rear and under front diff skid plate on the front. Noticed the frame is fully boxed 3-4 inch truck frame like structure. Wow tough looking. Anyway sounds cool, noticed a whine in the gearing under load quite audible but sounds like and F1 supercar. This beast shifts thru the gears very smoothly and you can hear the solenoid doing its job. I tried manual mode and doing the shifts on my own and loved that, actually in auto mode it is much smarter than me. Downhill is where I am super impressed. Engine braking works so well let of the throttle and it will down shift and do it's thang. I feel very safe in this new machine. Got rid of my 14 Polaris Ranger XP 900 for this very reason. Now for seat time. Very comfortable and plenty of room, I am 5 ft 10 with boots on. Seat belts are comfortable even in the rear. Suspension very plush and ground clearance is truly 12 inches. Innovative design everywhere. Fender flares are removable for those who wish to modify. Not much dash storage but plenty of head room for gear bags to be added as I like. I ordered the full glass windshield and hard roof and center rear window. Hope to see those soon. Very capable machine for a very happy Honda pioneer 1000-5 deluxe owner from Utah. Be safe and catch a fish.

B

Beastburner

Oct 20, 2013
Missouri
I test drove one yesterday. It's awesome!! I have a 700-4 and u can't compare to two. Way more power. Steering is way easier even in diff lock. I was spinning the tires in grass in turf mode with half throttle. It's so fun playing with all the different transmission modes. And there's a large storage space under the drivers seat but not at all water tight. When the hype chills out I'm getting one.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't read the book... Shame on me. But you can easily shift from low to high and back again while moving (make sure you are going slow when you shift from high to low). You can also shift the 4wd from all functions into the next while moving. I didn't have any issues whatsoever doing this. I won't be doing it on a regular basis because there really is no reason to not stop most of the time. The machine is a beast though. It easily climbed areas our kubota can't go in 4wd in 2wd. It occasionally needed 4wd in areas our John Deere gator can't go. Overall a very capable machine and the center of gravity felt much lower than our other machines. Easily handled off camber hills and ditches.

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't read the book... Shame on me. But you can easily shift from low to high and back again while moving (make sure you are going slow when you shift from high to low). You can also shift the 4wd from all functions into the next while moving. I didn't have any issues whatsoever doing this. I won't be doing it on a regular basis because there really is no reason to not stop most of the time. The machine is a beast though. It easily climbed areas our kubota can't go in 4wd in 2wd. It occasionally needed 4wd in areas our John Deere gator can't go. Overall a very capable machine and the center of gravity felt much lower than our other machines. Easily handled off camber hills and ditches.
im glad to know that thanks nbomar!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I use to change my 700 all the time under movement

Reactions: Hondasxs
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked mine up yesterday. Cold and rain here in WI. I had the chance to take it out for a bit @ the farms and woods today. Hands down the ability to down shift or up shift manually in auto mode is awesome!! The computer upshift is great but slowing down it could be better, i found myself on the brakes waaayyyy too much. Then I realized why not down shift with the paddle shifter? A couple swipes of the paddles, and back on the gas.

The 700 downshift is strong, no brakes needed. I had 1900mi on OEM pads. The 1K is not as strong and I can see people burning thru pads if all they rely on is the computer. It just made the driving experience that much better!!

trackerkelpie

trackerkelpie

Jun 7, 2015
Is anyone concerned that this demo shows the P 1000 to too high geared for this type of riding? I am assuming the pilot knows what he is doing and has the machine in low range.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In low range I've ridden through some similar terrain (rocks) and mine is much smoother and better than this guy. It took me a few minutes to get used to the throttle. Not have a clutch to spool up makes a big difference. I was really jerky at first too.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about cab heat? Once someone gets a roof and windshield, I'd really like an honest opinion. That's my only concern and probably a deal breaker any other bigger bores I've rode in will cook you out.

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
I just want to know where this guy got a grey one?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!