P1000 Where does this red rubber cap go?

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I hosed the dust off my new Pioneer 1000-3 LE today (leftover '18 so it was pretty dirty in the nooks and crannies. When I was using my blower to dry the area by the battery I saw a red piece go flying and I found it under the machine. It seems to fit on the 40a fuses but I only have one and there are two 40a fuses.

Anybody know where it goes?

IMG 1376
IMG 1377

H

HondaTech

When the P1K gets to the warehouse to be assemble (cage, battery, etc) before it gets to the dealer the battery will have that on the positive terminal to protect it from shorting out against something in transit.

The guys who assemble them in the warehouse dont ever throw them away, they end up under the hood or in the floor, bed, etc. We throw them away, some dealers aren't that thorough.

In short, its nothing to worry about it. Trash it.

Reactions: BigOL3
H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks. That crossed my mind until I discovered it fits on the 40a fuse cover.

On a somewhat related note I have a couple SXS size batteries laying around and I'm thinking about putting one in the spare battery area. For now I'm thinking about installing one to have as an emergency battery. On the other hand it seems like a lot of weight when I already have one of those small lithium battery jump packs. Maybe the space is better suited for my small compressor and tire repair.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Its weard, I just found one of those in my Talon battery box!

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Its weard, I just found one of those in my Talon battery box!

I'm a bike part hoarder. I finally threw away a bunch of crap this Spring. But i have to confess I will keep this rubber cap to put on any spare battery I might have in the future.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!