P1000 No start or when it does it dies!!! HELP!!

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Woodford sounds great. Am I in the correct conversation about the above mentioned problems I am having or am I just responding about drinking with you all???
Respond to any and all my dear man and enjoy the time while we ponder the universe for answers to your dilemma.
All questions routinely find an answer.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Woodford sounds great. Am I in the correct conversation about the above mentioned problems I am having or am I just responding about drinking with you all???
Lighten up, they will sober up eventually and will help you, seen it many times! Charge your battery, pull your battery and have it load tested free at any automotive parts store and get back to us drunks!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ah!! Thanks. I have never asked for help on the forum before so I was a bit confused . Hopefully I can have some cocktails with them some day. Thanks for the clarity.
Well when they come to, that's what they would recommend. Get the battery outa the way and we can move on to other things if need be. I'm on my 3rd primary battery since 16.

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well when they come to, that's what they would recommend. Get the battery outa the way and we can move on to other things if need be. I'm on my 3rd primary battery since 16.
Damn Smitty335. I'm still on my factory one on my '17. What brand should l get for a new primary battery?

Reactions: Buggyman
justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Damn Smitty335. I'm still on my factory one on my '17. What brand should l get for a new primary battery?
Always s start simple. I learned that fact today. Well it is running like new again. It was the Plugs Plugs Plugs. Wtf. Well at least the IACV plug wires, the fuel injector wires, IACV unit itself are replaced. I put the new plugs in today and the idle was reving up and down from 2000 to 2300 rpm’s. It turns out that you can seat the IACV into its home in the wrong position. That is what caused the fluctuating idle. I reseated it into the slot on the side of the valve/unit whatever you call it. And it returned to the normal idle and runs like new again. STRESS RELIEVED. Thanks for all who commented.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
100 bucks says it's the plugs.

All I got is $3, a paper clip, and a used lollipop but you're on 👍

NoMo!!

My bet is on the battery.
Not sure I can put a solid reason at it just my gut feeling.
Whatever it turns out to be good luck.

A busted weed whip, shot of bourbon and some old truck keys I found at work in the latrine.

Well it is running like new again. It was the Plugs Plugs Plugs. Wtf. Thanks for all who commented.
I won. Waiting for you losers to pay up lol

Last edited:
justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ha. You are very correct. I should have checked after your initial post. Anyway. Time for a relaxing cocktail. Knowing we are up and running again.

20683FAF 6C3F 46CE A4DF 6E51971CF908

justinjaeger

justinjaeger

Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
BYW. I just posted a question about the bed rattle. Anyone come up with a better fix than the fuel line over the bed latches. I thought that fix sounded good around the homestead until I hit the Wisconsin Black River Falls washboards. Any help would be great.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BYW. I just posted a question about the bed rattle. Anyone come up with a better fix than the fuel line over the bed latches. I thought that fix sounded good around the homestead until I hit the Wisconsin Black River Falls washboards. Any help would be great.
I put self adhesive weather stripping (3/4"by 1/4"thick) between the bed and the frame to put some pre-load on the bed latches. works for me. Now if the bed is loaded and compresses the foam the latches still rattle

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!