Where is the Fuel Filter?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I know there has got to be fuel filter on my 700-4 but so far I have been unable to locate it. Am hoping it is not inside the gasoline tank? Owners manual has no mention of any fuel filter in maintenance but there has got to be one somewhere.

Anyone know where the fuel filter is located and where to get a spare replacement fuel filter?

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
its inside the tank. .Probably can be taken off and cleaned but will require removing the fuel pump.assembly from the tank.Looks like it can be bought by itself. Part # 160 10 HL3- AGT $ 32.09 ??

Attachments

• WP_20150102_001 (Small).jpg
    WP_20150102_001 (Small).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 3,025
S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Yikes! I was afraid of that.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
its self cleaning when the pump stops the returning fuel washes the filter. most cars have gone to these too.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
It's not something that should need replaced. I know it's hard to get used to. A new way of thinking, but every time you shut it off, the filter gets flushed clean. My pickup has this and I've got over 80k miles on it with no problems and the dealer says they work as advertised don't worry about it.

Reactions: Omcba92

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!