Where to ride in Washington State

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well we've finally decided to take a trip with the 700-4 down to the Oregon dunes in August. Going to stay for 2 nights and get a day and a bit of riding in. We're road tripping from Southern BC through Washington, and would liked to find another place or 2 we can setup the RV overnight and get some additional riding in on our way and back. Any suggestions would be great. If anyone wants to meet up along the way for a rip let me know!

On another note, what's the general consensus on paddles for the 700-4, would they really be needed and/or useful in the dunes in Oregon? Any advice would be appreciated.

Warren

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
walker valley orv might be a little to close to home for you. little natches nf is large and beautiful, but might be a little bit out of your way.
evans creek camp mground washed out this winter, so you cant camp there, but is great for a day trip. you could camp down below, about 10 miles away on the carbon river. tahuya orv park is pretty mild and small, but have camp grounds to stay in. you might also look into browns camp in the tilamook state forest, but its west of Portland. I never have been there, but have heard great things about it. what area of the dunes are you going to?

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
walker valley orv might be a little to close to home for you. little natches nf is large and beautiful, but might be a little bit out of your way.
evans creek camp mground washed out this winter, so you cant camp there, but is great for a day trip. you could camp down below, about 10 miles away on the carbon river. tahuya orv park is pretty mild and small, but have camp grounds to stay in. you might also look into browns camp in the tilamook state forest, but its west of Portland. I never have been there, but have heard great things about it. what area of the dunes are you going to?

Natches sounds interesting, we were planning on heading back up through central WA on the way back to try and see as much different stuff as we could.

We were thinking of going to Siuslaw, stopping in Seattle for a night, then heading over to the coast hwy on the way down, couple nights at the dunes, then taking a couple days to come back stopping along the way.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
tahuya is more toward the coast maybe hit it on your way down. if central cascades are not out of the question, also maybe take a look at the manastash trail system, it ties into the natches area, and is right off of I90, would be better for getting into seattle afterwards

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm on the other side of Wa state. Out here, you've got;

*Juniper Dunes, just north of Pasco
*Moses Lake Dunes.. in Moses Lake (duh)
*between Vantage & Ellensburg there's a popular place... can't remember the name
*South of us between Heppner, Oregon & Spray Or there's a really cool ORV park
*Another just south of Ukiah, Oregon
*Probably my favorite is out in the Elk City, Idaho area (just east of Grangeville). Pretty cool campground just past Orogrande, Id. From there you can ride into the Buffalo Hump, over to Dixie & down to the Snake.. lots and lots of really cool areas. It's also close to the Magruder Corridor. A 125 (+-) ride from near Red River Hot springs thru the Bitterroots to Darby. An epic ride!

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
tahuya is more toward the coast maybe hit it on your way down. if central cascades are not out of the question, also maybe take a look at the manastash trail system, it ties into the natches area, and is right off of I90, would be better for getting into seattle afterwards

Hmm Manastash seems interesting, we were planning on driving through Wenatchee NF on the way back and was looking for somewhere in that general area to stay for a night, Manastash might just fit the bill.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!