mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I usually step up and buy the quality stuff... but when it comes to LED light bars, the price difference is really, really hard to justify. A Rigid or VisionX 52" curved bar is close to 2K. I'm not spending that much for a dam light.

So..

What Chinese brand light seems to be the best? Nilight?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check rough country, KC, or stingray. All of them are more expensive (and better) than the chinese stuff. Depends on where you use it. The more expensive lights are just way better focused from my experience. I’ve had rigid and vision x when I rode rzrs. I’m running a stingray bar on my Honda and rigid pods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like my Rough Country single row light bars. I have 2 8" and a 12" on my machine.

Reactions: ohanacreek
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Try aurora. I have a 51” curved bar on my Land Cruiser and it rocks. Odd iron off road carries them

Reactions: Remington
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have the 20” single row RC and a pair of X5 pods.

@joeymt33 has several set of the X5 pods and a single row bar

@snuffnwhisky has a 40” or 50” single row RC that’s too bright.

I forget the other members that have added them maybe @Plumber32

Reactions: Remington
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like we have a pattern of reasonably priced but name brand light bars rather than the biggest ones on Amazon. I think Rigid and others make a great product but for a lot less money you can buy a high performing light from Rough Country that far exceeds the Chinese cheap lights

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like we have a pattern of reasonably priced but name brand light bars rather than the biggest ones on Amazon. I think Rigid and others make a great product but for a lot less money you can buy a high performing light from Rough Country that far exceeds the Chinese cheap lights

I would say.. if you lived on the west coast and wanted a great beam for the dunes or something that reached WAY out when you are hauling but.... rigid, vision x, Baja designs.... you get what you pay for.... for woods riding... yea any bar will do

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
....for woods riding... yea any bar will do

True BUT the 20" single row RC is a quarter of the size of the 40" dual row I had and is 200% brighter...
I would bet that the 12" RC single row is probably equivalent to most of the 32-40" bars from Amazon.
The LEDs are higher output, better quality, and centered in the reflectors.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
No comparison between Rough Country and Amazon lights. Think @ohanacreek did some amp draws on the Amazon lights and weren't close the the wattage they claimed. Ive got a 52" single row RC that will blind u from 500' away.

Reactions: ToddACimer
advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True BUT the 20" single row RC is a quarter of the size of the 40" dual row I had and is 200% brighter...
I would bet that the 12" RC single row is probably equivalent to most of the 32-40" bars from Amazon.
The LEDs are higher output, better quality, and centered in the reflectors.

I’m definitely not arguing the better quality.... read above man. I agree!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m definitely not arguing the better quality.... read above man. I agree!

I know just clarifying for those who are reading along. I used to swear the Amazon specials were fine and dandy, but after seeing others with the RC and getting them myself there IS a significant difference in quality of the bar and the light it puts out. ALSO they don't inject electrical noise into my WetSounds System like the Amazon specials did.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know just clarifying for those who are reading along. I used to swear the Amazon specials were fine and dandy, but after seeing others with the RC and getting them myself there IS a significant difference in quality of the bar and the light it puts out. ALSO they don't inject electrical noise into my WetSounds System like the Amazon specials did.

I can promise you that the vision x and the rigid are that much better than RC. It’s all in what you are using it for and how much you want to spend.

J

JTW

I started with the amazon lights and a 52” bar... here’s the direction I’m headed now.

2E5106C2 1136 4D8E 82F9 E842A4E4669D
9542ABE1 7E1D 4EC8 88BC 50B70AF9D2CD

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No comparison between Rough Country and Amazon lights. Think @ohanacreek did some amp draws on the Amazon lights and weren't close the the wattage they claimed. Ive got a 52" single row RC that will blind u from 500' away.

P1000m5 - Rock Donkey

P1000m5 - Rock Donkey LED Noise

P1000m5 - Rock Donkey Video with the 20" Bar and X5 Pods at a good speed.

There is another thread but I can't remember the name of it that had the Beam comparisons for mine before and after and @joeymt33 pods before and after, and the differences in the way they were mounted and where.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can promise you that the vision x and the rigid are that much better than RC. It’s all in what you are using it for and how much you want to spend.

Oh yeah without a doubt they are but like you said they are for MUCH faster riding.

If you want to expand your lightbar game check out MTN LITEbars and look at the V54 18" LITEbar it draws 30amps and their 50" draws 50 AMPS the quality is up there with rigid but the light output surpasses them. They aren't just bright they are focused as well.

Reactions: joeymt33
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I don't want to lead anyone wrong. The RCs are great but you can do better for a lot more money like visionx and rigid. China lights are really cheap for a reason.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I usually step up and buy the quality stuff... but when it comes to LED light bars, the price difference is really, really hard to justify. A Rigid or VisionX 52" curved bar is close to 2K. I'm not spending that much for a dam light.

So..

What Chinese brand light seems to be the best? Nilight?
I have one on my rig . I’ll make you a deal on.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I could figure out where and how to mount it, I've got a 24" Rigid dual row spot/flood that I ran on the Viking.. it puts out some serious light. MORE than enough. I Just can't figure out where to mount the dam thing..

J

JTW

If I could figure out where and how to mount it, I've got a 24" Rigid dual row spot/flood that I ran on the Viking.. it puts out some serious light. MORE than enough. I Just can't figure out where to mount the dam thing..
Post a pic of the front of your machine

Reactions: ToddACimer and mjn
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!